Sign in to follow this  
Ashnflash

LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame

It's official. They just came out with the trailer for the Lego ninjago movie video game! It's a full consul game! It comes out September 22. Here's the trailer 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Looks good. I did manage to spot some odd looking villain minifigs in the trailer aswell, any thoughts on these? They look a bit like serpentine with that scale armor and those anacondrai helmets.

595503822313f_Enemy9.jpg.4e5f6ece173898ba5eb2557387978bbf.jpg

7 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

they need to polish the graphics, looks lower quality than Lego Marvel 2

So did the first Lego Movie Game, but I definitely agree. Gameplay looks pretty cool, however; looks like lots of Ninja parkour.

I'm just gonna paste the game description here: 

"Find your inner ninja with the all-new LEGO® Ninjago Movie Video Game! Play as your favourite ninjas, Lloyd, Jay, Kai, Cole, Zane, Nya and Master Wu to defend their home island of Ninjago from the evil Lord Garmadon and his Shark Army. Master the art of Ninjagility by wall-running, high-jumping and battling the foes of Ninjago to rank up and upgrade the ninja’s combat skills. Only in the LEGO® Ninjago Movie Video Game will you experience the film across 8 action packed locations each with its own unique Challenge Dojo. And with the Battle Maps, play against friends and family in competitions for up to four players!"

What makes me interested here is the sentence that goes "Master the art of Ninjagility by wall-running, high-jumping and battling the foes of Ninjago to rank up and upgrade the ninja’s combat skills"

This makes me wonder, are we getting an in depth upgrade system, or are we simply upgrading damage output and some new animations? Will we still be mashing square as usual to defeat enemies, or will there be a new and different combat style than the other Lego games? 
The high jump is getting me interested too. is it like how in Marvel's Avengers, where if you held a button you'd jump very high? Or something more akin to Super Smash Brothers, where you have a short jump, a high jump, and a double jump?

Yeah, the graphics don't look that great. Maybe it's because I'm used to seeing the characters in their super-realistic movie form? I dunno.

I hope this game has original cutscenes. The LEGO Movie Videogame just showed clips from the film.

Either way, I probably won't be able to resist getting this. :grin:

EDIT: I watched it again and did notice the minifigs have plastic seam lines and occasional scratches and dirt on them. I must admit those are some pretty cool details.

Edited by npgcole

I hope it plays like the traditional Lego games and not just a Battle arena type thing (although the ability for players to play against each other is welcome - I can envision the screams of my two boys now as they beat themselves up virtually).

13 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

I hope it plays like the traditional Lego games and not just a Battle arena type thing (although the ability for players to play against each other is welcome - I can envision the screams of my two boys now as they beat themselves up virtually).

Sure, keeping it the same really helps anyone play and do fairly decent... But we've had that for years now. I've only really owned 2 Lego games, but simply looking at the others is making me tired. I'm all for some significant innovations, even some complexity too, so that it wouldn't just be different; but challenging in a fun way too.

Edited by gamejutzu

I am most excited for this new combat system with upgrades and ranks! I It would be awesome if we finally get some hack n' slash mechanics with combos and the like rather than constantly spamming square. The graphics aren't anything to write home about but Ninjago City looks far more exciting to roam around in than the LEGO movie game worlds worlds.  

On 6/30/2017 at 4:42 PM, ToaDraco said:

I am most excited for this new combat system with upgrades and ranks! I It would be awesome if we finally get some hack n' slash mechanics with combos and the like rather than constantly spamming square. 

There are even challenge buildings in this game. They must really want you to be involved with this new mechanic. I just hope it isn't what i'm fearing (just increased damage, and no real difference besides that).

1 hour ago, gamejutzu said:

There are even challenge buildings in this game. They must really want you to be involved with this new mechanic. I just hope it isn't what i'm fearing (just increased damage, and no real difference besides that).

That spinning attack move Kai does on that enemy in the trailer tells me there's definitely some unique moves but I agree I hope it's not just a damage increase.

Edited by ToaDraco

On 7/2/2017 at 3:15 PM, ToaDraco said:

That spinning attack move Kai does on that enemy in the trailer tells me there's definitely some unique moves but I agree I hope it's not just a damage increase.

Oh yeah... Kai has a homing attack in the trailer (a homing attack is a move like sonic's double jump in Dimensions).
If the other characters have unique moves like that too that can even chain together with other unique moves, the combat could turn out great

5 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

With both this and LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2, it feels like they're taking more risks now rather than making each game the same.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 has a game-changing feature too (or something)? I thought it was just another Lego game (but that isn't a problem since I loved the first game). Nothing new from the gameplay I saw though

1 hour ago, gamejutzu said:

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 has a game-changing feature too (or something)?

Lego Marvel 2 is supposed to have a nonlinear storyline, with branching paths and such.

On 7/3/2017 at 10:21 PM, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Lego Marvel 2 is supposed to have a nonlinear storyline, with branching paths and such.

o.o

Also, I hope the upgrades are also for movement, pure combat upgrades are kinda... Underwhelming. It's wasted potential. 

I wonder how many characters we'll get from older sets and waves in addition to movie characters. Also, what are the odds of characters from the previous two Lego movies appearing?

On 7/8/2017 at 9:36 AM, PepperoniBricks said:

I wonder how many characters we'll get from older sets and waves in addition to movie characters. Also, what are the odds of characters from the previous two Lego movies appearing?

Maybe Lloyd will have the ZX outfit we see him wear in The Lego Movie. The ninja had ZX outfits in that one short with Emmet and Lloyd as well.

But what I would like to see is the ninja appearing as they do in the TV show, with animations and the look of the show. It would be really cool.

So, what do you suppose the pre-order bonuses will be like? I'm assuming Kendo Lloyd will probably included, but at this point I don't really know enough to make any guesses about potential DLC.

Aside from seeing gameplay, a couple of important things that were discussed in the video were:

- 360 degree camera at all times! I've always wanted this in action-specific Lego games
- 100+ characters and surprises for fans of the TV series
- The levels themselves seem to be one big area, as if the level itself is a hub. Any transitions are made with small in-game cutscenes

Ninjility seems to be just advanced movement options in general. Ledge grabbing, ledge autohopping, etc. Which is also great.
In Lego Marvel Superheroes I would select Deadpool and see how far I could travel along the roofs of Manhattan, and do a lot of climbing challenges :grin: so it's great to see it's encouraged in this game

Edited by gamejutzu

New trailer confirming weapon upgrades and special combat moves, which is really awesome and unique!

For me what would be a dream come true would be if they went the Jurassic World route and released not only levels based on the newest film but also the previous media - it would be awesome if the TV show was covered here as well, but I doubt it's the case as I'm sure it would have been announced by now unless they're keeping it a secret until later...

Edited by legozebra

34 minutes ago, legozebra said:

For me what would be a dream come true would be if they went the Jurassic World route and released not only levels based on the newest film but also the previous media - it would be awesome if the TV show was covered here as well, but I doubt it's the case as I'm sure it would have been announced by now unless they're keeping it a secret until later...

That would be amazing! It would appeal to both the new and old fans, which would make a lot more people enjoy the game. They did say in that IGN interview that some things from the show would be part of the game, so hopefully you're right!

I've seen some special moves in that video used by other characters as well. For example, in the original trailer, Kai uses the "floating butterfly" and the "skyward dragon", while here, Cole also uses the floating butterfly and Lloyd also uses the skyward dragon... So I guess the ninja won't have unique moves after all...