The compressor unit. One is in the front of the bus, one is in the rear:

(there is an "M" motor behind this unit)

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

The entire bus:

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Edited by josszo

This is a brilliant build, I just wish you had built it as a PF vehicle without any pneumatics (I hate pneumatics). But otherwise it is amazing!

Later, I will build a full PF articulated bus, a trolleybus in red color :)

21 hours ago, josszo said:

Later, I will build a full PF articulated bus, a trolleybus in red color :)

Great, that sounds like a brilliant build

I'm happy, that lot of people follow my project. Nowdays I don't have lot of free time, but I will end this project within 1-2 months.

@josszo I assume that you have some Aces in your sleeve so you're driving arround in public 

Ikarus 280 Articulated Bus

to see if you missed something to improove your masterpiece :wink:

Just take all the time that you need to finish model. You can not force the Art...

I need to develop a working articulated unit. Do you know anybody, who have ever made a working articulated unit? I need only the outer body, that is flexible and can follow the 3axle motion. If i need develop a new one, i think can make it with a lot of rubber liftarm 1x2 technic elements. 

@josszo , perhaps this could help (it is articulated tractor...)

@I_Igor I think @josszo means the flexible corridor connection between the halves of the bus, not the actual hinge. 

@josszo I have not seen such a connection achieved in LEGO at any scale, but as you say a system with rubber connectors may work. I'm thinking about systems employed in 1:76 scale model trains, which can use alternating fixed and flexible 'layers' forming a very thick sandwich; the central-most 'layers' can slide past each other somewhat, enabling the whole connection to remain fairly close but move enough to permit tight corners. What is the sharpest corner you hope the bus will be able to take?
Alternatively, you could create a rigid corridor, that at each end slides and pivots on a single pin (probably one at her top and one at the bottom) fixed in each of the main bus's body sections. It would not be as realistic as a flexible corridor, but may work more reliably and with less friction. I'm not entirely sure.

Yes, I need the flexible corridor. The maximum turning angle is about 60 degree.

Thank you guys. I will inform you, if I have developed any new things. :)

1 hour ago, josszo said:

Thank you guys. I will inform you, if I have developed any new things. :)

We'll follow it :thumbup:

I have did a first version of a working articulated unit. It is a little part of the whole unit, but it works. Need a little developing, but it can be good. (Sorry the bad quality)

Well, well you need roof, I don't think passengers would like to be driven in convertible in any weather. :laugh:

Nice progress. This bus will need licence to be used when finished - it is allready huge even with 62.4 tires...

I was in trouble, because I needed to use white 2length technic connectors to the windows, and doors. But Lego never made it in white color. So I have bought 100 pieces from this:

6538b.png

The item is very rare, and very expensive. I have bought 100 pieces for 30EUR. Nowadays it costs on bricklink 1-2EUR/pcs

So, project is go on.

My plan was, I make black window frames into the doors, but in the earlier model it was not the best choice.

I used this to install the frame, but the centre of this is larger, than any simple technic connector:

32034.png

There was more friction, and sometimes cannot open the doors, get stucked. Maybe i use doors without black frames :(

Yes, it is very huge :)

Edited by josszo

I have done the 4 doors, and the windows. The outfit is great.

I will do pictures later.

On 7/17/2017 at 11:42 PM, josszo said:

I was in trouble, because I needed to use white 2length technic connectors to the windows, and doors. But Lego never made it in white color. So I have bought 100 pieces from this:

6538b.png

The item is very rare, and very expensive. I have bought 100 pieces for 30EUR. Nowadays it costs on bricklink 1-2EUR/pcs.

Even sets containing this part in white were not cheap and above that they didn't have much of that parts included :angry:

It was some delay, but I'm working again on the bus. Roof is under construction now, and maybe I will done before the end of the year. :)