Earlier, I have built a Non-articulated bus with full of pneumatics. 

I have a bigger dream ever since this project, to make a bigger, more complex bus. It is not the biggest yet on my dream list, but there are new functions, that I can use in the later models.

This is an articulated Ikarus bus, with 3 axle, with full of pneumatics. More, than the solo version.

Functions (i would build them)

- Pneumatic suspension on all axle, with raising, lowering funcion. Both side, but seperate control.

- HOG Steering for the front "A" axle

- Forced steering on the "C" axle

- Automatic pneumatic compressor for the suspension

- Pneumatic control for 4 door

- Automatic pneumatic compressor for the doors.

- Maybe master switch for the doors, and the both side of suspension control.

- Articulated center (i need develop a working model)

- New color design (newer, better colors. Hungarian blue-white color sheme)

I think, the model size would be over 1 meter, or more, but I'm curious, what can I do :)

The color sheme will the same:

640x480.jpg

The chassis is the same with the earlier model. Needed some changes on the end. 

Needed develop a new front on the part after the artuculated modul.

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

The forced steering on the "C" axle was a new problem, that was very interesting to implement into Lego.

Because the suspension, I can not made a rigid pulling/pushing system in the steering. The axle can raise and lower about a width of a technic beam, so the pulling system need to be follow this movements. Combine it with steering was very difficult to me, so I dropped this idea.

I made the steering with a combination of pushing/pulling system and the traditional gear/rack system.

I planned with the minimal pieces of gears and universal joints, but there are some backlash in the steering. Because of the gear pair on the picture, there are about 6 degree difference too. Not big difference, but I compensate it with a rubber band, and can corrigate it perfectly. Need to test it under load later.

1280x960.jpg

Connecting the two parts, and the pulling steering system:

(the wheels on axle "C" can turn only +-22,5 degree, half of the first axle)

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

I remember how it was terrible to stand next to the accordion in old Ikarus, but also very interesting) a cool project!

This color pattern is a little bit tricky. White and blue parts in technic are rare colors. And I will change the doorstep from yellow to orange. I hope, the final result will be awesome :)

Looks already very cool, following the progress! :thumbup:

I will do a thin black stripe on the side of the bus, between the white and blue section. I will use half liftarms to do this. Work with a half unit piece is fun, and challenge.

In the earlier model I used old pneumatic pumps, but now, I install the new models. These need more place (but can pump more air), so I need to redesign the front, and the rear of the bus :S

Very nice progress :thumbup: and to sound like @Aventador2004: keep building and never give up :wink:

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Very nice progress :thumbup: and to sound like @Aventador2004: keep building and never give up :wink:

yes, @I_Igor is correct. You should never give up. 

ps: you add @ then the name when trying to mention someone.

1280x960.jpg1280x960.jpg

I work on a bed, but this bed is just so little, maybe need for looking a new workplace :)

On the curved panels need to do some paint job later.

The black stripe is very good, I like it.

Bus is 129stud, ~1 meter long.

Edited by josszo

I really like the colour scheme and the whole concept, a real beast with this size!

In Latvia we had these only in yellow. Not so interesting color scheme. Some intercity (other model) was in red and white.

Was they in Hungary really with pneumatic suspension for rising, lowering, leaning etc? Or is just functiinality, which You want to put in the model?

Rising, lowering is not able on the real vehichles, these are my own ideas.

Needed to do some painting on the curved panels to do the correct colour scheme:

1280x960.jpg1280x960.jpg

On 5/25/2017 at 10:50 PM, josszo said:

I work on a bed, but this bed is just so little, maybe need for looking a new workplace :)

On the curved panels need to do some paint job later.

The black stripe is very good, I like it.

Bus is 129stud, ~1 meter long.

This thing is growing and growing and (of course) taking proper shape. :thumbup: 

With 129 studs length you need permission to drive it around  :grin:

My suggestion is to make stickers rather that painting. Several years (before yellow technic racing medium wheels) I've made paint-job on silver futuristic wheels and when I try to remove yellow paint I managed to remove both yellow and silver paint - and result looks like wheel futuristic in old light gray color. *huh* 

Just amazing these were known as bendy buses in nz mostly custom built but some did kneel for some reason even though you had to step up the stairs