Trekkie99

[WIP] Lego monorails. [Custom Rail Systems (CRS)]

@XG BC it is your build, just some ideas from me :) As @mrfuture correctly said, "it is beauty of Lego", we built on together to make something new and astonishing. 

I had to put motor one plate higher, and it is pretty usable on straight line, but either i failed with built, or it doesn't like any curves very much

Also placing motor higher than gear with smaller gear gives better speed characteristics

vVjUReY.jpg

Using a 16T spur gear meshing with 12T single bevel gear is not good the teeth don,t match.

Another tip to the Hidaka design. Make sure all sidepins rolls well, inclusive the drive wheels /roll wheels (if any).
Edit: Any designs with same type of sider roll pins. I may failed on the free roll wheels on my train at the event. I check tomorrow if losing up the free rolling wheels helped my problem.
Edit 2: Checked the train and it looks like the problem i had was still there but looks like it is better than with some friction on the free roll wheels.
The transjering cogwheel between motor and the actual wheel  started to move sideways, melting so the cogwheel could not interlock with the other anymore.

Edited by mrfuture

@tkf can you place the buwizz lower on the follower car? this might help with reducing the wobble and make driving through the curves easier. And the speed problem is that i currently dont own a pf m motor just an education e motor wich has higher rpm so my gearing has to be differently. also have you checked that your side guiders arent spread out a bit so it shouldnt tip over so hard.

XG BC

Edited by XG BC

I wonder if my design will help anyone who's trying to build 4 wide? 

monorail power interior 3

Because of the gearing it does run a little slow, but I solved that by running it on three 3.7v 10440 lipos instead of six 1.5v AAA batteries. Now it speeds right along. 

For the next exibithion i've built a "little" Monorail Station for Snottingen Monorailways:

44338481120_5f85083c7d_c.jpg

45243167235_0898b1c1da_c.jpg

32291570448_ced7c0b8bb_c.jpg

Find more pictures on Flickr.

I'm very excite for the exhibition on June 22th and 23th in Rüsselsheim, Germany, when all my builds from the last 8 month comes together. Over all it will be a 20x8 Basplates Layout (5,12m x 2,05m)

Cheers

Filius Rucilo 

32272294058_5afe61100e_n.jpg

Edited by FiliusRucilo

Wow, that is fantastic! I hope the show goes well. Keep us updated with some pics. I think the small clocktower is my favorite single design element. Is that original? How'd you make that gold border? Is Snottengen a real word or location somewhere?

Hi Sed, 

For the clock post i've made a instruction. You can find it here. The golden borders are from a LEGO-Dice. 
Snottingen ist my modular town and not a real place. The Name comes from to SNOT (Stud not on top) an definitely not from snot. ;-)

Cheers

Filius Rucilo

Edited by FiliusRucilo
Add Link

Impressive train monorail station! :thumbup:
So many nice details on that crowdy place. :wub_drool:
I always wanted to do domething similar for my trains. The roof technique is brilliant - I might copy that... :innocent:

Thanks for the link to the clock tower!

I did a one day expo today, so I went with less stuff than last time. 

I builded a station for the monorail to stop and take passenger using the PoweredUp (Batmobile) and WeDo 2.0. The monorail did over 600 stops, I had to change batteries once and they died 15 min before closing. 

Pretty proud of that little ride!

MoonBase Monorail 2019

Scratch GUI : https://bricklife.github.io/scratch-gui/
Batmobile Powered Up: https://shop.lego.com/…/La-Batmobile-telecommandee-par-appl…
WeDo 2.0: https://education.lego.com/en-us/shop/wedo-2

2 hours ago, MonsieurCaron said:

I builded a station for the monorail to stop and take passenger using the PoweredUp (Batmobile) and WeDo 2.0. The monorail did over 600 stops, I had to change batteries once and they died 15 min before closing. 

Awesome, and transparent rails add a great touch to it. How long it was going on one charge? 

On 5/15/2019 at 6:41 PM, FiliusRucilo said:

For the next exibithion i've built a "litte" Monorail Station for Snottingen Monorailways:

You monorail station is beautiful, nice piece of classic european architecture. Look forward for photographs from exhibition. 

@Doug72 thanks, were checking idea just with the parts i had nearby. 

@XG BC :) i was too far from my pieces for almost month, and hadn't returned yet. But i'm full of ideas, so will continue experiments after my return. 

4 wide seems interesting, but it has problems with decorating everything, although it is hard but not impossible. 

Most likely i will concentrate my efforts firstly on 6 wide, with hopes to finish it before ongoing festival, but most likely my monorail will skip it :( 

10 hours ago, tkf said:

Awesome, and transparent rails add a great touch to it. How long it was going on one charge? 

Around 3h non stop with 6x AAA. 

8 hours ago, Masao Hidaka said:

I respected "6990 Monorail Transport System" and made this monorail. :)

So cool! Love how clean it is on the exterior, while the interior has all these cool little details. The little hover bike is awesome!

I wrote an update in my own thread about the Mindstorms EV3 Monorail.

You can read in my update everything about the new train design, the new container wagon and the up/down slope track.

47049943344_9717e1974f_b.jpg

Edited by Hanso

nice monorail! i'm looking forward to see the complete thing in action

XG BC

Wow - fantastic bunch of different engines you have accumulated! :wub_drool::thumbup:

Thanks for sharing the video!

On 6/15/2019 at 3:18 PM, sed6 said:

Feast your eyes on this!

i can only say one thing: NICEEEEE!!!

Also you might have a look at this thread:

XG BC

Edited by XG BC

On 5/16/2019 at 1:52 AM, FiliusRucilo said:

Hi Sed, 

For the clock post i've made a instruction. You can find it here. The golden borders are from a LEGO-Dice. 
Snottingen ist my modular town and not a real place. The Name comes from to SNOT (Stud not on top) an definitely not from snot. ;-)

Cheers

Filius Rucilo

Somehow I missed this post ... Your clock is impressive ... I may borrow your design as well! Thank you for sharing!

19 hours ago, FiliusRucilo said:

I was out for display on RHEIN-MAIN-STEIN last weekend. My Monorail is now embedded into my city Snottingen. 

48127325227_2942e4b56b_b.jpg

48127325112_c05d890257_b.jpg

Great Work!!! :D