badgerboy

[MOC] Midi? Millennium Falcon for New Elementary

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post in a very long time. I've had a prolonged hiatus from building MOCs (since having children) and until recently I hadn't really built anything on my own since about 2013.

I discovered Tim Johnson's excellent New Elementary blog in December and have been an avid reader ever since. During January, Tim put out a call for new contributors for one of his 'parts festivals', this one revolving around the usage of the newly introduced Nexo Knights power shield (part no.27255).

I was one of the lucky few to be selected to contribute and have made a couple of builds now. 

01_Falcon_DSCN0586_crop.jpg

Most recently, for the May 4th celebrations I built a midi? scale Millennium Falcon, using "nexogons" as an inner structure to build off of. I thought I would share it here for your comments and also hopefully to introduce some of you to New Elementary.

There are more pics and a bit of description here. I also designed some stickers for the cockpit and rear thrusters.

I hope you like my attempt at the falcon and look forward to seeing any comments. Thanks! :classic:

Edited by badgerboy

Nice build, the top looks great. Any plans to tidy up underneath and loose Han Solo to make it more midi scale rather than a better micro fighter?

I'm certain I'll play around with this some more.

I would like the underside to be tidier, but that's where some of the limitations of using the "Nexogons" as my structure became apparent. I'm certain there must be more options but I was pleased that some of the shapes were roughly correct.

I think it would be fairly easy to replace Han with parts that "complete" the ship. I thought this had a little more humour to it though. I am willing to concede that subconsciously I was avoiding that awkward transition between the ship and the cockpit.

Thanks for the kind words!