Tezclatipoca

[GBW] Supporting the war effort - Deland Republic - A new tank design

Supporting the war effort : A new Tank design

Deland Republic,

One of the new Armament Factories around Edrin, the Capital,

Map Grid D7

34374801842_d548f613a3_c.jpg

- Here it is ! What a beauty ! Claimed the Chief Engineer Applestewssen

- Sure, it is a superb mechanic ! Affirmed the Chief-Sergeant operator "Cat" Terpillar.

- It is my proud ! I redesigned entirely the turret to add more comfort and manoeuvreability. It is now the top notch Assault Tank we can have in The Deland Republic ! Concluded Applestewssen when the armored vehicle emerged from the hangar of the factory in a Roar.

34405502701_8c86d91689_c.jpg

34405477881_97eb8ef006_c.jpg

33725001953_18ba12a820_c.jpg

More pictures of the tank alone in the spoiler :

Thank you for watching ! C&Cs are welcome !

Edited by Faladrin

That's a nice looking and (I think) the first tank in GBW. I love the open studs on the sides and the various equipment and weapons you've hidden on the tank. Though outdated, I do like the large exhaust system at the back of the tank (it reminds me of a Tiger). The building is well done and really looks like a high tech testing or manufacturing facility. As far as advice, I'd suggest reducing the size of the roof hatch and removing the thin bar from the end of the barrel. Right now the hatch is unnecessarily large and the skinny end of the barrel significantly reduces the caliber that you can shoot. 

The design is cool but the inverted glacis may impair its all terrain capabilities, as it looks very close to the ground.

Have you used 3-studs tracks or double 1-stud tracks?

Congratulations!

Yeah!!!! The tanks start to appear in the game...Congratulations. I will agree with Captain Genaro for the thin bar in the tip of the canon. Overall it looks as a solid build. Well done

Excellent! The surrounding build really helps frame the tank and adds to the overall presentation but the tank shows a lot of skill, I'm impressed, great job.

This will look great with 2 giant holes in it billowing out flames and smoke. :wink:

nah it looks cool

On 08/05/2017 at 10:34 PM, Captain Genaro said:

That's a nice looking and (I think) the first tank in GBW. I love the open studs on the sides and the various equipment and weapons you've hidden on the tank. Though outdated, I do like the large exhaust system at the back of the tank (it reminds me of a Tiger). The building is well done and really looks like a high tech testing or manufacturing facility. As far as advice, I'd suggest reducing the size of the roof hatch and removing the thin bar from the end of the barrel. Right now the hatch is unnecessarily large and the skinny end of the barrel significantly reduces the caliber that you can shoot. 

Thank you !

Yes, you're right the rear is lightly outdated, and closer to a Tiger, yes totally agreed. The hatch was initially thought to be a Star Wars turret hatch but I it exist only in Light Bley and it was not the best a the top of my tank. So I changed it to a brickbuilt one. And I really wanted enough space for a minifig to fit in. So, I don't really see how I can resize it. Thank you for your constructive comment !

On 08/05/2017 at 10:41 PM, sigpro said:

The design is cool but the inverted glacis may impair its all terrain capabilities, as it looks very close to the ground.

Have you used 3-studs tracks or double 1-stud tracks?

Congratulations!

Thank you !

It is probably a bit low on the ground, yes; but I wanted a real armor aspect. I insisted on the plate layers. :laugh:

I only have 3 studs tracks, I had to hide them a little bit because they are frankly too huge for such a tank !

23 hours ago, paintballman said:

Yeah!!!! The tanks start to appear in the game...Congratulations. I will agree with Captain Genaro for the thin bar in the tip of the canon. Overall it looks as a solid build. Well done

Thank you !

That bar is not probably the best I am concealing it.

10 hours ago, Phadeout said:

Excellent! The surrounding build really helps frame the tank and adds to the overall presentation but the tank shows a lot of skill, I'm impressed, great job.

Thank you for your kind comment !

9 hours ago, Thebeeze111 said:

This will look great with 2 giant holes in it billowing out flames and smoke. :wink:

nah it looks cool

:grin: Your troops still can try to attack it ! :tongue:

You're giving me ideas for a future field testing build...

Thank you !

9 hours ago, Faladrin said:

You're giving me ideas for a future field testing build...

HAHA!  Nice retort!  Solid design on your lil beast here.

You've Been Awarded  (3 ) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

Overall your tank looks well built. I'd adjust a few personal preferences with the ground clearance and the small tip at the muzzle. Again, personal preferences only. The build quality is top notch. Tons of detail. The background building is very nicely done as well. Enough little random bits of detail scattered about to keep you looking around for a while to make sure you saw it all. Well done!    

Background garage is basic, but not the draw for this build...that would be the giant steel beast in it's doorway!  Good build on the tank!  A few things I may havedone differently, but overall, you set out to build a tank, you did, and it is very recognizable.

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing!