Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

[MOC/MOD] 40252 Mini beetle Mod

Hello,

I've recently got the mini beetle promotional set but when I finished assembling it my children imediately noticed there is no room for a minifig in this car.

My son wanted to try to put a minifig in it but it was hopeless (at least for him; he is only 3) then I came around and decided the Mini beetle will have a minifig on board !

And Voila ! here is what I managed to build without alterate too much the original design but with just enough space to fit a minifig sitting inside the car !

33601418884_e5690c88c5_z.jpg

34283895802_9866deed13_z.jpg

33601430874_cd6c1184b1_z.jpg

33601436864_532cb27c8d_z.jpg

More pictures on my Flickr account

Any comments or criticisms are welcome. Thanks !

Edited by Faladrin

Fine job on this mod. I wanted one of these when LEGO was offering it. My order came up with a stupid police helicopter instead, so I scrapped the order. :hmpf_bad: 

Maybe with the online instructions we can build these Beetles in different colors then.

7 hours ago, Only Sinner said:

Fine job on this mod. I wanted one of these when LEGO was offering it. My order came up with a stupid police helicopter instead, so I scrapped the order. :hmpf_bad: 

Maybe with the online instructions we can build these Beetles in different colors then.

Thank you !

Probably some other colour beetles could be great. Or perhaps make 6 studs large cars instead of the old style 4 studs ones. This is something to try.