Jim

Questions for Creator Expert designers

4 minutes ago, Doge said:

Thanks and good to know, cant wait :wink:

Don't expect too much of it :wink:

5 hours ago, Jim said:

Don't expect too much of it :wink:

Does this mean that most of the interview will be censored/omitted?

3 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Does this mean that most of the interview will be censored/omitted?

No, it will probably be fully approved. What I mean is, don't expect to get a lot of information you can't guess or know already. It will not be the revelation of the century :wink:

Have LEGO approved the transcript yet?

I do keep hoping the answers are forthcoming, even if there are no particular revelations. Apologies for the bump/hassle!

2 hours ago, badgerboy said:

I do keep hoping the answers are forthcoming, even if there are no particular revelations. Apologies for the bump/hassle!

Ah, well, I wouldn't say that. I feel there most likely will be at least some interesting insight to gleam from. :classic:

@Jim is there any word on this? Admittedly it now appears to be just @Digger of Bricks and I that are interested. Just so I stop pestering you though, will it be a front page posting, a new thread or attached here?

I imagine it will still be a good read, whatever the content.

5 hours ago, badgerboy said:

I imagine it will still be a good read, whatever the content.

Certainly, as there were some great questions that were submitted here! :sweet:

I'm happy to announce you will see the interview shortly. I have gone through it again and sent it to TLG. Man, transcribing an interview takes a lot of time, even when using software to do most of it.

I expect to have the interview online in week or so.....finally.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

I expect to have the interview online in week or so.....finally.

See you then Jim! Thanks for all your hard work! :sweet:

:thumbup:

Never ever accept a transcribing assignment....unless there's a big reward :tongue: :wink:
(mine was more than okay btw)

Probably best to make a dedicated topic. What do you think?

9 hours ago, Jim said:

Probably best to make a dedicated topic. What do you think?

Sure, as a new topic can then be frontpaged. I mean, this topic was frontpaged at the time, so therefore, could it be frontpaged a second time? If not, that's definitely justification for a new topic! :classic:

Don't expect too much it, but some of it is interesting :sweet:

Thanks for "motivating" me to complete the report btw :thumbup:

I might have the opportunity to do some Creator Expert interviews again. Any interest in coming up with some new questions?

19 minutes ago, Jim said:

I might have the opportunity to do some Creator Expert interviews again. Any interest in coming up with some new questions?

Maybe some questions relating to set 10261? 

- How lang in the making?

- difficulties creating this set?

- Will we see a looping?

The other questions are mostly the same. 

But you can try to get some hints for some future sets. :tongue:

18 hours ago, Kjellevirus said:

For how long was the roller coaster on your wish list of sets to make?

And what considerations and criteria have led to the track system we see in the various sets?

Edited by Erik Leppen

22 hours ago, Jim said:

I might have the opportunity to do some Creator Expert interviews again.

Ooooh, awesome! :moar:

22 hours ago, Jim said:

Any interest in coming up with some new questions?

Well...

• How easy is it to approve of new parts for Creator Expert sets compared to other themes?
  • Was the color Dark Turquoise chosen to be resurrected for the Downtown Diner specifically?
  • Will Art Nouveau ever be tackled as an architectural style for the Modular Building line, or would it be too difficult to capture in Lego bricks?
  • What advice could be given to AFOLs who are creating architectural LEGO Ideas projects, particularly regarding on how to keep minifig-scaled ones from clashing with the Modular Building line?
  • Will either the Modular Building line or the Winter Village line ever change their time period setting from a modern one to a pre-20th Century/pre-21st Century setting? Say for instance, the Modular Building and/or Winter Village line changed their setting to one set in Victorian England or the American Wild West. Would that ever be a possibility in the far future?
  • Does the Downtown Diner signal any sort of new direction for the future of the Modular Building subtheme, for the next ten years that is?

Apologies for asking these questions if they've already been answered elsewhere, or in the last interview if I've forgotten that they have been asked already. I might think of a few more to ask after this initial post. :classic:

On 5/8/2018 at 9:15 AM, Jim said:

Any interest in coming up with some new questions?

Here are a few personal questions for the designer(s):

• Like the recently resurrected Dark Turquoise, are there any discontinued colors you hope or wish to see revived? Furthermore, do you feel that there are any gaps in the spectrum on Lego's color palette that could be filled?
  • Are there any particular Lego parts you wished you had, or feel you could've used at times recently?
  • Is there a particular architectural style you've perhaps taken a liking to that you wish to see adopted by the modular building line in the future?
  • What type of set would you really hope to design someday? 

P.S. By the way @Jim, do you think this topic could be frontpaged again? It's been nearly a week since I last replied on it, and with no other questions submitted by others. :look:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

I have a quick question. :sweet: Has it been considered to use the rollercoaster system for other purposes such as turning it into a motorized transit system?

Here are a few others:

• Have non-D2C (a.k.a Direct to Consumer) sets for the Expert theme ever been considered before in the past? Do you feel that more affordable Expert series sets sold on a retailer wide basis could ever be a possibility in the future?
  • Does the Creator Expert theme have the same access to automobile licenses which the Speed Champions theme has? Are there any particular automobiles brands that are off-limits to the theme that aren't to other set lines?
  • Has there ever been considered a revival of the Designer line of Creator sets (2003-2005), perhaps as a another subtheme of Creator to sit in between the "Three-In-One" and Expert lines?
On 5/8/2018 at 9:41 AM, Kjellevirus said:

Well...

Was the rollercoaster track system designed for the Creator Expert set, the Joker Manor, or for no specific set in particular?

16 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Has it been considered to use the rollercoaster system for other purposes such as turning it into a motorized transit system?

Hey, now that's an interesting question! :thumbup: