Peteris_Sprogis

[MOC] Speed Champions 75877 alternate models

I have been very pleasantly surprised that it's possible to build creative alternates from the Speed Champions line. I thought that the SC models are highly puspose build but obviously bricks are just bricks and it's always possible to have creative fun :) Here are some 75877 Mercedes AMG set alternates:

1. Drift car

2. pick up 

3. SUV 

Thanks for watching!

These are great! I would have never considered this as an option. The pickup truck would have to be my favorite! Thumbs up. 

Are you planning on doing this with other sets? That would be awesome!

On 2017-5-8 at 3:16 PM, LegoMonorailFan said:

These are great! I would have never considered this as an option. The pickup truck would have to be my favorite! Thumbs up. 

Are you planning on doing this with other sets? That would be awesome!

right now this is the only 2017 Speed Champions set I have. Sets I had from previous years are disassembled and parts used in mocs. No plans of other set alternate models at the moment.

4. Truck

16 minutes ago, Peteris_Sprogis said:

right now this is the only 2017 Speed Champions set I have. Sets I had from previous years are disassembled and parts used in mocs. No plans of other set alternate models at the moment.

4. Truck

That's a great racing truck! Looking forward to more of your models. Thumbs up.

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

This is brilliant. Well done! The Merc AMG is one of my favorites from the Speed Champions line, so I won't repurpose that one, but I might try my hand at building alternates out of some of the other cars.  

These are all very good. Most people don't try to work under the constraints of a small set, despite the small 3-1 Creators showing it is possible.

On 5/14/2017 at 6:10 AM, gotoAndLego said:

Most people don't try to work under the constraints of a small set, despite the small 3-1 Creators showing it is possible.

That's disappointing to hear, I would think people would be more encouraged to rework sets like this one since the parts all favor making a cool vehicle, as opposed to the Creator models which often have a haphazard appearance.

Anyway, I'm enjoying these vehicles, hopefully I can pick up some of these sets when there's a sale.

here comes the 7th alternate from the 75877 set. It's the most alike with the original model but I just could not resist to make this curvy shaped and stylish looking sportscar moc.

Verry creative and well done!

The formula car is the best! 

That last car is also great.