7: Taking the Runestone

8: Supplies Arrive!

9: Festival of the Ranks (part 1)

10: Festival of the Ranks (part 2)

11: Festival of the Ranks (part 3)

12: The ranks are out!

13: Taking a stand, for Nocturnus!

Episode 14: Ride through Nocturnus

Several weeks have past since that fateful day; the day the Council decided to rebel against the Black Spire, by rejecting Lord Raavage's forceful request to deliver 500 soldiers. Furthermore, on that day, Onicius had vowed that he would turn Zotharith into the strongest Resistance stronghold. The next day, Damascian, messenger and knight of the sky, set off to summon Zotharith's wandering wizards and warriors, from every corner of Nocturnus. (Full story here)

32798930281_c4f35b789e_z.jpg

The message was simple and the purpose was clear: "You are ordered to abandon your mission and return to Zotharith at once, to defend headquarters."

Within two weeks, every major force of the upper ranks had been notified. In the meantime, Onicius temporarily transferred his duties of ruling the city to his son Exetrius, for the first time ever, assisted by Zeruko Urima. He descended into the underground research vault, where he locked himself in to complete the Arcane Regulation Core (ARC), intended to play a key role in Zotharith's defense. (Full story here)

33499302766_59dec6928b_z.jpg

Among the wandering warriors, was Murgon the Dragonslayer. He had come from a mission at the very north of the Darklands. Travelling on horseback, the road back had been long and exhausting, but finally he entered the familiar autumnal forests of the valley that surrounds Zotharith. Apparently, his brown traveling companion started to smell the stables, as it suddenly accelerated from walking pace to a full gallop.

33666120934_86abfe1b23_z.jpg

33666134604_d2edeafc94_z.jpg

After this turn in the road, they would be greeted with the sight of the watchtower, at the edge of the city... 

33698321773_112e11b5ae_z.jpg

Almost there, home is waiting for us around the corner!

34122917200_c4ef8f598c_z.jpg

To be continued.... in the next episode: Refreshment at the lavoir

Hello GoH, I'm back with a build! I still have heaps of characters to introduce, so here is at least one of them. Hopefully, you don't mind the little recap of lore that appeared in my Challenge V entries. Be sure to give C&C, it's always appreciated! :wink:

Oh, and the obligatory overview shot:

34378097271_52a5ef6852_z.jpg

Edited by Exetrius

Great work Exetrius, I love the bushes and the base is also awesome :thumbup: But oh man that horse posing is sick, it really looks like he is flying round the corner at full speed. Also the dust trail is great :classic:

Great dynamic horse pose! :thumbup:  The base with parts sticking out here and there is well done too!

Those new horses are so awesomely poseable! :grin:  Great job here, Exetrius, very nice bit of landscaping and great job capturing the movement! :thumbup:

Are you already at part 14 of your story? Well, I loved all of them and this is no different :wink: 

Nice posing, it gives a great impression of speed and urgency :thumbup: 

Great posing, as usual! The horse looks caught in the moment, so much so that in this snapshot not a single hoof is actually touching the ground. The dust trail is excellent and adds to the sense of haste. I love the irregular base on the black base, as it makes it look sharp. The background is adequate, but to be honest, it took me three or four times looking at the picture to even notice the background, since I was so caught up in the excellent posing of the horse. It thus serves its purpose and does not distract nor detract from the action. The saddlebags and saddle are a nice touch, too. 

whoa awesome pose here! love the bushes too - glad to hear you've more characters to intorduce, can barely wait! :sweet:

Neat little vignette!  I like the fall foliage colors.  I like the inventiveness of the story as well and look forward to reading more!

You have really created a distinct landscape style for Zotharith :thumbup: I'm looking forward to learning more about Murgon, and have to add additional praise for the amazing horse pose  :classic:

The sense of motion and urgency imparted by the "Rider" vig is impressive.