This is my version of the iconic TIE Interceptor from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. I'm amazed that LEGO hasn't decided to update this creation themselves since 2006 with their release of 6206, especially after releasing 9492 (TIE Fighter) in 2012 which showcased almost movie accurate solar collectors and then the development of new elements for the windshield and cockpit hatch from 75150 Darth Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing Starfigther from 2016. I first need to give a shout out to the initial influence of Rebel Builder's TIE Interceptor MOC for the solar panel collectors and then too Kevin Yoo for his cockpit ball design. My biggest grudge with the TIE Interceptor MOCs was the connection point between the pylons and solar panel collectors. They always appeared to big, bulky, and cumbersome for a fighter that is suppose to be sleek and fast. My solution was to do some "unofficial" LEGO connectiions to keep the attachment points sleek and narrow. I'm still not 100% happy with my MOC, the pylons need to be thinner and I need to solidify the attachment point for the forward windshield (it's not the strongest connection). Any and all comments are appreciated. Follow the link to my Flickr page to see more of the design process.

34334867812_0b229a676e.jpgTIE Interceptor by gcanik, on Flickr