33626780354_a2f5fa4eb6.jpg

So first off, thanks to everyone who voted for my entry in TC11! There were some amazing entries, so I'm very satisfied with 8th place. ^_^

As promised in my original topic, here's an upgraded version of THUMPER for you (complete with a much better video):

34468751855_9affaaccf7_z.jpg

34308959802_db32ab079e_z.jpg

Looks even greater than before , the recievers look like eyes to me for some reason and look kinda cute :laugh: The lights add a very menacing look to the disc , great idea

Edited by LXF

I thought of this same idea!! I am going to build one and maybe make a photostream, to commemorate the battle.

I was one who voted for this build.  Compact, fast, and powerful weapon.  Although the mechanisms are simple, the function is solid.  I know that everyone has their own criteria for judging, but if everyone used the criteria of a real battle bots competition (i.e. who actually wins) - then I think yours would one of the top contestants.  Never-mind looks, complexity, etc... based on who actually wins I thought this was one of the top options.

Thanks for the positive reviews!

On 5/5/2017 at 7:14 PM, LXF said:

Looks even greater than before , the recievers look like eyes to me for some reason and look kinda cute :laugh: The lights add a very menacing look to the disc , great idea

It's interesting you say that - I was told they looked like eyes back when they were on the top of the MOC, which is partly why I moved them to the back. I don't mind though - maybe the cuteness can distract the opponent. ;)

On 5/6/2017 at 3:45 AM, nerdsforprez said:

I was one who voted for this build.  Compact, fast, and powerful weapon.  Although the mechanisms are simple, the function is solid.  I know that everyone has their own criteria for judging, but if everyone used the criteria of a real battle bots competition (i.e. who actually wins) - then I think yours would one of the top contestants.  Never-mind looks, complexity, etc... based on who actually wins I thought this was one of the top options.

Thanks for your vote! There were a lot of solidly-built entries and I'm not sure the old disc would have fared too well, but I think the speed and maneuverability would have been able to outpace quite a few of them. :)