[MOC] 1 metre Imperial Class II Star Destroyer - Avenger

2 hours ago, Aggron44 said:

Scale venator?

1:1600 scale!

Sorry not the Venator! My fault! I should read first :tongue:

Avenger = length = 1600 meter / model is about 1 meter = 1/1600 scale

Venator = length = 1150 meter  / model (Anio) 1,12 meter = 1/1027 scale

Edited by bricksmarlin

Part 44375a - 6x6 Dish inverted radar - trans light blue, and 3626b - minifig. head - trans light blue!

Edited by bricksmarlin

16 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

Part 44375a - 6x6 Dish inverted radar - trans light blue, and 3626b - minifig. head - trans light blue!

ok thx

I know this is screaming into the void here since you've said no instructions for this one, but I love this model even more than everybody else's ISD and I would LOVE to be able to build in the future!

Drat it. I'd just decided to build Raskolnikov's model, and you guys dig this one up?

... actually, I counted the studs visible in the photos, and it's only a few studs bigger than Rasalnikov's. It also uses a lot of similar techniques.

If the detail is what is attracting you to this one, you could build Rasalnikov's and then go hog wild with the greeblies.

27 minutes ago, ScottishDave said:

Drat it. I'd just decided to build Raskolnikov's model, and you guys dig this one up?

... actually, I counted the studs visible in the photos, and it's only a few studs bigger than Rasalnikov's. It also uses a lot of similar techniques.

If the detail is what is attracting you to this one, you could build Rasalnikov's and then go hog wild with the greeblies.

For me I have a really hard time choosing between them. All are 10/10 MOCs, but each have their pros and cons. Raskolnikov's has an interior (plus I love its somewhat bulky build) but is heavy, uses more parts, and has a lot of studs (which I don't love, but to each his/her own), Onecase's is more proportional and accurate to the original model (correct me if I'm wrong), but is a lot bigger. This one seems to be a pretty sweet spot. So much greebling with only 7000 pieces! But to me it's all up to the build stability and how easy it is to build. :)

(if no instructions will be available in the next months I think I'll go with Onecase's model though. I NEED a big ISD-model in my man cave! :D)

Edited by danielwerner

18 hours ago, danielwerner said:

For me I have a really hard time choosing between them. All are 10/10 MOCs, but each have their pros and cons. Raskolnikov's has an interior (plus I love its somewhat bulky build) but is heavy, uses more parts, and has a lot of studs (which I don't love, but to each his/her own)

You could always 'de-stud' the Aggressor like I did: https://www.flickr.com/photos/164260086@N06/albums/72157710727139542 

Edited by Rubblemaker