Sign in to follow this  
Kolonialbeamter

Design-a-BoBS-Logo-and-Banner Community Project

To all subjects and citizens of the Brick Seas, listen up!

For the start of Era II we are looking to come up not only with cool new features, but also with a BoBS logo and a banner. And for this venture we want your help!

If you have a cool design idea, don't hesitate - show us what you got! Or describe what you think could be awesome, and enable your fellow BoBS'ers to help design it!

In terms of a logo we are looking for something that could be 'stamped' onto images of BoBS creations - fairly simple, yet cool and easily recognizable as 'BoBS-ish' - staying in character, we are pirating yet another idea from the Guilds of Historica here :grin:

And banner wise... well, it's at least for the Master Index, so it's time to impress :wink:

Use this thread to post and discuss anything related to this venture. In the end, we either end up with one design for each, or we'll have a public vote if there are several contenders.

Thanks in advance for your contributions, and happy designing! :classic:

Some ideas to be considered/elaborated/discarded:

1) an octopus-like Kraken (a'la Grayjoy crest) surfacing from 2-3 wavy lines (one under the other, i.e. the sea) OR

2) a ship on the aforementioned "wavy" lines OR

3) an island with 1-2 palm trees OR

4) something that involves a saber or an era appropriate monocular

I could write endlessly but these are the most prominent ones in my mind. Eagerly awaiting for your ideas fellow BoBSers!!!

Here is my entry for the Logo:

BoBS Logo

It has no background and can be "stamped" on any image. And here is a solid color version:

BoBS Logo Solid

The logo is taken from this piece, just so people know it's not my design originally.

Some more suggestions:

Some coin designs:

33985087163_8d86d68ebc_o.png

And the BoBS Kra(aaahaaaa)ken:

34754133076_04638eb13e_c.jpg

If anyone wants to edit these, here's the .svg file (inkscape).

MKJoshas suggestion is very distinct and fitting. I don't know if how free we are to use it unmodified though?

I also find the Kraken design mysterious and alluring.

I scribled a few sketches for logo ideas.These are my thoughts about each idea: First one: shape of sails. Second one: shading (and possibly better hull angle). Third one: tried to incorporate the letters b-o-b-s.

34670878221_2f987bdb9e.jpg 34670878031_2b6d5a1d15.jpg 33993840843_1b7ed66b56.jpg

Fourth: just a derelict barrel with a few cloth sails on. Fifth: a raft with some elements from each faction.

33993840353_db0b79fed0.jpg 34417479400_6b06a7402a.jpg

If one wants waves in the logo, rolling waves like in picture 4, running dog pattern, or something japanese-art-ish like in picture 1 or 2, is what I can think of atm. [I'll add a reference for what I am thinking of here, since my drawings are not showing it clearly] I could not find the one I was thinking about...

These are loose ideas. If anyone wants to pick parts from any, play around, alter or add anything, please do. I don't have vector skills.

Edited by Sir Stig

I like the idea of showing the minifigures representing the four main factions.  maybe have them in seperate parts of the banner?

On 5/21/2017 at 7:49 AM, Sir Stig said:

MKJoshas suggestion is very distinct and fitting. I don't know if how free we are to use it unmodified though?

Feel free to use mine any way you want.