Sign in to follow this  
SpiderMana

Dragon Minifigure Question- Answered

So I've been building minifigures to use for my friends' roleplay, and we're starting a D&D campaign now. But my girlfriend is playing a Dragonborn.

Anyone know of any dragon heads for minifigures? I'm not finding anything official that will work, and I didn't see anything third-party either, but I'd be a bit surprised if nobody's done it before? Alternatively, anyone know of anywhere that does custom molded heads? Or rather, probably 3D prints custom ABS stuff? I'd rather not resort to sculpting it out of clay, though I suppose one of my roommates might be capable of that...

Edited by SpiderMana

@SpiderMana

It is definitely possible and simple with third party, brickwarriors.  You can do something kinda ok with Lego CMF lizard suit guy.

Brickwarriors has heads, tails, and wings in various colors: https://www.brickwarriors.com/lizardman/

LizardmanHead__61624.1401472731.416.416.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=100120#T=P

I'd use a black or dark red blank head.

col070.png

34 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Or rather, probably 3D prints custom ABS stuff?

Shapeways.com

See, I didn't look hard enough. I also kept searching for "dragon" not "lizard." But those look pretty great! Thanks!

The dragonborn or Dovahkiin looks a normal Person or Argonian or Elf or Khajit just with dragon blood.

But if you want something more reptilian try one of the serpentine heads from ninjago.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

On 2017-5-2 at 9:26 PM, SpiderMana said:

Anyone know of any dragon heads for minifigures? I'm not finding anything official that will work, and I didn't see anything third-party either, but I'd be a bit surprised if nobody's done it before? 

I have two draconians (dragon-men) in my display collection: a red one using the BrickWarrior parts  already suggested by @Darkdragon  and a green one using LEGO for the torso and legs but Kre-o for the head, wings and claws. The Kre-o draconic parts were originally produced for their Cityville Invasion: Fire Station Dragon Attack set (A3248) but you can get them cheaply parted from the set on Ebay, e.g. here.

Here's the official Kre-o picture, not my draconian MOC:

highres_460856125.jpeg

Edited by AmperZand
Added picture.

3 hours ago, Wardancer said:

The Kreo claws are very interesting!

They're the same part though obviously in a different colour that I used for one of my gargoyle's claws.

Sorry to the OP for the digression.

3 hours ago, AmperZand said:

They're the same part though obviously in a different colour that I used for one of my gargoyle's claws.

Sorry to the OP for the digression.

Do you have the name of that Micro changer where to get that gray claws?

25 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

I'm not sure what a micro changer is, but the grey claws came with a Kre-O Dungeons & Dragons gargoyle called Crull. It was in Series 2 of the blind bagged army builder packs.

Man, you give me problem. Now I'm dying to hunt that item. It was actually phased out in my place.

The claw pieces are perfect for Vulture's talon for Spiderman: Homecoming.

Can you take a photo of that piece together with 1x1 clip pieces in minifigs feet?

40 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Man, you give me problem. Now I'm dying to hunt that item. It was actually phased out in my place.

The claw pieces are perfect for Vulture's talon for Spiderman: Homecoming.

Can you take a photo of that piece together with 1x1 clip pieces in minifigs feet?

I tried that when I originally got the claw, but it works neither aesthetically (it protrudes too far from the foot and therefore looks funny) nor functionally (the minifigure can't stand straight). I don't have a picture of it, I'm afraid.

Alright, thanks for the feed back tho. It looks perfect to me. Well, if that's the case I'll forget about it!

Don't mean to hijack your post @SpiderMana Goodluck on your hunt!