Sign in to follow this  
Siegfried

CONTEST: Build the mystery Exo-Force promo 3872 Robo Chopper

DJ Force the legendary Topic Killer while doing some investigating discovered a mystery Exo-Force promo set. Due to the wonders of the replacement parts page on S@H he learnt what was in it... but how the set actually looks still eludes him. So let's guess! :-D

According to DJ Force and Lego, this is the parts list;

chopper2.jpg

Of these some parts are used twice. Oddly, I have marked those with a "2".

Rules of this contest are:

1. You must make a Robo Chopper. This does not mean that it needs to have a rotating blade, it just needs something that can be labelled as one. EDIT: imperialshadows accidently reminded me that some see a "Chopper" as a motorbike. I see a "Chopper" as a helicopter. You can see it as what ever you want... providing it is a Robo Chopper!
  2. You must use all of the parts, including the doubles. If you can't find a use for one then you can leave it out. You must say if you do this. No extra parts are allowed.
  3. Correct colours are preferred, but not required.
  4. When building, think Lego. That is don't use any methods that Lego doesn't use. The goal here is to guess what the set is supposed to look like.
  5. Only three pictures are allowed per entry. :-D
  6. Digital entries are allowed.
  7. If anyone makes a duplicate MOC the second will be an invalid entry. By duplicate I mean exact.
  8. Entries must be in by February 14th 21st. Your entry can be altered as many times as you like up until that time. Entries are posted here.

Voting:

There will be two votes. The first, for the "Best MOC". This will determine who wins. The second, for "Most Accurate", is just to see if we at Eurobricks can guess what Lego will do.

Prize:

Nothing except the warm feeling inside that you just may have what it takes to be a Lego designer. X-D

Ok, this brings questions.

1. I've never seen a LEGO parts page that had quantities on it. How do we know those are correct?

2. WTH is that last part, a robot body?

3. How do we know that this is all that was to be included in the set? LEGO parts lists frequently leave out parts, from personal experience.

4. Digital entries are probably impossible. I don't think that the robot parts exist in any of the major programs. If they do, I'll enter something.

5. Couldn't 'chopper' be used as slang for a motorcycle in this case and not actually involve anything cutting?

Oh, and whatever the case, this interesting concept has been immortalized on the Big Billboard o' Doom

Woohoo! Another contest! Count me in, I have all those parts, though i have no idea what to make..

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Ok, this brings questions.

1. I've never seen a LEGO parts page that had quantities on it. How do we know those are correct?

That's what I thought, but DJ Force felt otherwise. We'll have to ask him when he turns up. >:-) I have made somthing with those parts and I actually like it! :-D

Yes.

5. Couldn't 'chopper' be used as slang for a motorcycle in this case and not actually involve anything cutting?

Errr.... was that a question? I will clarify the rules, just for you! X-D

Errr.... was that a question? I will clarify the rules, just for you! X-D

It really was accidental too. I was thinking of chopper in the sense of something that chops, not a helicopter, and then the motorcycle angle hit me, and once I got back up from being hit, I posted this rambling post. *wacko*

Um... Chopper On! *y*

Mwuahahaha! Sure I have to take apart a few sets, but I should have all these parts!

Great contest idea, I will try to enter! *y*

Edit: I am missing 3 parts the 2 round parts with an axle hole in the middle and the piece 1x3 piece with 2 axle holes and a round hole in the middle. Can I still enter, please? (In a way it would make it more realitic, some sets come with out the right pieces!! :-D )

Edited by Lord Of Pies

It's actually the robot body with the red bottom, like the one from the Thunder Fury. That's just my guess.

Ooh, fun! :-D

Though, few problems:

1: I don't know if I have the two yellow pieces :-(

2: What sizes are those axle pieces?

3:....I thought I had three! X-D

*sweet* *y*

Though, few problems:

3:....I thought I had three! X-D

*sweet* *y*

1. The two yellow pieces are available in a few sets. Here is the Peeron listing of the tail piece and here is the Peeron listing of the rounded dimpled slope brick.
  2. Judging by the pic, I'd say the [medium stone] gray axle is a #3 and the the other one is a #6 (at least that's what I used in my entry).
  3. I'm afraid I don't quite understand that one, sorry. :-P

I hope this helps.

-Toa Of Justice

Since the entry by Toa_Of_Justice is similar to mine there is not reason to keep mine secret anymore. *sweet*

It's actually the robot body with the red bottom, like the one from the Thunder Fury. That's just my guess.
Yes. It is. Sorry imperialshadows, I forgot to answer that question. Any robot body will do though.

Though, few problems:

The yellow tail I haven't got many of either; I stole mine from a Aqua Raiders set. the slope piece can be replaced with any similar slope piece with no studs on top. You must have one of those... The axles are 3 and 6.

Edit: I am missing 3 parts the 2 round parts with an axle hole in the middle and the piece 1x3 piece with 2 axle holes and a round hole in the middle. Can I still enter, please? (In a way it would make it more realitic, some sets come with out the right pieces!! :-D )

Dunno. Both of those parts are central to the set. Take those away and it will look completely different. I'll get back to you... If there are a shortage of entries then yes! X-D

Just finished my entry, I'll post it later. I quite like it, its a bit different to the current two.

I have finished my entry, minus the parts I am missing, but I feel mine still looks like a chopper. (as in motor bike)

I have finished my entry, minus the parts I am missing, but I feel mine still looks like a chopper. (as in motor bike)

Enter it anyway. Contests are for fun afterall. *sweet*

Entered... don't get overly excited. :-$

Still, a fun little contest and a good time to update my LDraw parts files. A nice double purpose here. *y*

Great entries you two! I love the motorbike look of yours lord Of Pies, its my favourite entry so far, though sorry, I wouldn't vote for it, as I like to see all the parts used. Though, there are two categories, so you never know ;-)

Yours is excellent too imperialshadows, I laughed at your flick-fire missiles explanation. It looks to me like one of those swamp boats, you know, the one with the fans pushing them along?

Yours is excellent too imperialshadows, I laughed at your flick-fire missiles explanation. It looks to me like one of those swamp boats, you know, the one with the fans pushing them along?

That's sort of what I went for. It can hover in place, fly forward by tilting partially, or it can move forward on either water or snow with the robot skiing on those skids.

Oh, and I'm dead serious about the flick missile. That's how I prove I was thinking like a LEGO designer. X-D

Is it possible to use different colored parts? I have all the parts but not in the shown colors (mostly).

*sweet*

Oh, and I'm dead serious about the flick missile. That's how I prove I was thinking like a LEGO designer. X-D

What, you mean like the guys who made Jack Stone? X-D

Is it possible to use different colored parts? I have all the parts but not in the shown colors (mostly).

*sweet*

Yes, the rules say thats okay, my engine pieces are white.

OK, I posted mine. ;-)

Very neat Zero1312, I like your design. However if I was you I'd post a better overall pic for the last one, as two are devoted to a backshot and I can't see it in all its glory ;-)