I need some help with something, so I'll ask here. I want to be able to post LFX files from my brickshelf, but I'm not sure how. I've seen people do it all the time and I'd like to now how to as well. Any help is appreciated.

Is any one else getting a popup page while navigating around the forum index page asking for you to update your flash player (I am checking my laptop now) but this only happens to me here on EB.

Update...Fixed

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I don't even have perms to look at any- including my OWN- profiles. I can still comment and create forum posts, so it's not that I forgot to activate my account.

I don't even have perms to look at any- including my OWN- profiles. I can still comment and create forum posts, so it's not that I forgot to activate my account.

You have to reach the rank of "Vassal" before you can view profiles, including your own.

In order to move from "New Member" to "Vassal" you merely have to create 10 posts.

I have a little question. I was looking at the list of my topics and I noticed that some of them are missing. A bit of research showed that I can still see them in the search results, though. Why is that? Is there some kind of expiration date, or maybe it's a bug?

I have a little question. I was looking at the list of my topics and I noticed that some of them are missing. A bit of research showed that I can still see them in the search results, though. Why is that? Is there some kind of expiration date, or maybe it's a bug?

When you look at the list of topics or posts from your profile page, you only see posts you've made in the past year. This is to reduce the load on the server. As you probably noticed, all of your posts and topics can be searched through the Advanced Search page.

I think there's a bug with this site and Brickshelf. I posted pics of a creation of mine to here and Bzpower. The pic links work fine on Bzpower but don't work here.

Edited by Takanuinuva

A little more information would be helpful.

Do you have a link to the thread here where the image failed to show up? Do you have a link to the picture you were trying to post? How were you putting the image into Eurobricks and was there any sort of error message before the image didn't appear?

The picture link I post changes one letter to lowercase. The link should look like this (With the added http in front)

brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/Skeletondragon/baron_von_brickstein_ldd_001.jpg

But instead it changes to this (The d in Skeletondragon gets changed to lower case) When I go to fix it. The letter goes back to uppercase.

brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/Skeletondragon/baron_von_brickstein_ldd_001.jpg

Edited by Takanuinuva

Arrgh. I hit the wrong button, was never going to reply. But it appears you are right - the editor for some reason changes that 'd' to lowercase, and Brickshelf is case sensitive, so that means it doesn't work. Forum software bug?

Edited by L@go

Hi I'm trying to add a badge to my profile so whenever I post something it shows it. I am trying to show off the Bricknave badge I have I just don't know how to attach it to my profile. if anyone knows how (which I'm sure some of you do) could you helm me please.

Are you meaning an Avatar (like my minifig over there) or something under your basic profile (like say, the LEGO Goat I have over there)?

I cant seem to get a picture (Flickr) into my post. When I click on "Link" or "Image" I get the input window, I can paste in the URL, but then it just freezes up and nothing. I have to close EB to get out. HELP!

I cant seem to get a picture (Flickr) into my post. When I click on "Link" or "Image" I get the input window, I can paste in the URL, but then it just freezes up and nothing. I have to close EB to get out. HELP!

Check out this tutorial for a more in-depth tutorial than the following explanation.

To upload an image from Flickr to Eurobricks, click on the image you want to upload to Eurobricks from your photostream to view it individually. At the bottom right-hand corner, there should be an arrow pointing right. If you mouse over it, it says "Share this photo". Click that arrow. There is a list of share options using popular social media, but what you want is the option under "Code". Select "BBCode" on the right. Below the BBCode option is a size option based on pixels; pick what size you want (make sure it is not over 800x600 pixels, per Eurobricks Site Guidelines). Under the size option is a text bar that will have the BBCode. Just copy that entire code and paste it as text in a Eurobricks post and it will show up as an image.

Hope this helps!

Or maybe it is a browser issue?

What are you using to get on the 'net? Invision, the software used for the forum, has some problems in Internet Explorer. Compatibility Mode can solve some erorrs.

If these aren't the cause or solution I'll put this to Admin attention.

I understand how to get the image from flickr, but I cant paste it in. Nothing happens. I can type text but as soon as I try to add anything from the toolbar it just locks up.

another test [https://www.flickr.c...in/photostream]

The only way it works is if I type the URL in manually

Edited by Dohed44

As I mentioned, Compatibility Mode seems to work for people stuck using IE (really, who uses IE unless they are forced too?) so you could try that if you have to use IE.

2 questions: first when I look at people's profiles I can only see a few of their MOCS, is there any solution to this. Second: if I am building a steampunk MOC which section would I put it in?

Member content only covers a few years from a profile search. Using advanced search can find earlier content.

A steampunk MOC would go in Sci-Fi. :classic:

Evening, I'm about to make a rather large post in the Star Wars forum but I would like to upload a video of my creation as well. So instead of publicly embarrasing myself with my ineptitude, I thought I'd ask, how do you upload a video from flickr to Eurobricks? Is it even possible? Many Thanks.

No problem!

As for the flickr video embed... I am afraid I have never ever tried it. If the FAQs do not have anything then maybe there is some other online resource that might help? All I can suggest otherwise is maybe flickr has an option to copy the video BB code to share elsewhere?