2 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Did you have the "Tags" option?

No. And I am using Firefox. :sceptic:

Edited by VaderFan2187

1 minute ago, VaderFan2187 said:

No. And I am using Firefox. :sceptic:

Not you, @quark12000. I know you don't.

Is your Firefox up to date? I'm also using Firefox. Are you on a PC or a Mac?

9 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Is your Firefox up to date? I'm also using Firefox. Are you on a PC or a Mac?

It is. And I tried on both PC and Mac.

I remember being able to on my first topic...

Edited by VaderFan2187

I'm not sure what's going on. I'll run it past the rest of the staff and see if anybody else can think of anything.

Never mind @VaderFan2187, I think I found the issue. Please try now and let me know if it works.

Hi,

There are several problems I encounter using Safari and Chrome:

I get this error message when I try to upload a profile image by URL and upload image button is broken

The file must be smaller than 0.09765625MB.

There is no text box for the Signature option.

Also, I am experiencing severe lag on this website. Can someone help?

-TechnicRCRacer

P.S. I am using a Mac.

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

4 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Hi,

There are several problems I encounter using Safari and Chrome:

I get this error message when I try to upload a profile image by URL and upload image button is broken

The file must be smaller than 0.09765625MB.

EB s not a hosting website. There is very tiny limit you still can upload, but this doesn't fit most people's needs. You should upload your profile image to some other picture hosting site, like Flickr, and use "Import from URL" option. Please remember you have to scale your picture down too.

4 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

There is no text box for the Signature option.

Signature setting can be found here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/settings/signature/ 

Edited by zux

I am sorry, but this is not the issue. The upload image button takes me to the top of the same exact page and I get the error message form the URL option. There is a signature option, but there is nowhere for me to type.

Help,

I am trying to upload photos to the Winter Village competition.  I made them smaller than the 1024x786 limit.  However, I when I try to attach a photo, I get a message stating that the files must be smaller than 30kB.  That seems too small relative to the photos I see others posting.  Am I doing something wrong?  I just want to post photos of my entry.

Thank you,

You need to host the picture on Flickr or another photo site. We don't allow members very much space for uploads. Host it on Flickr and use the URL to post the image.

On 1/14/2017 at 9:58 AM, TechnicRCRacer said:

I am sorry, but this is not the issue.

It is exactly the issue. He is correct. Your account is limited to 30K of uploads. Please follow his or my instructions to post your entry.

@TechnicRCRacer

10 hours ago, Hinckley said:

You need to host the picture on Flickr or another photo site. We don't allow members very much space for uploads. Host it on Flickr and use the URL to post the image.

It is exactly the issue. He is correct. Your account is limited to 30K of uploads. Please follow his or my instructions to post your entry.

@TechnicRCRacer

Okay, but the rules of the Winter Village competition state exactly:

"Entries should be new (never posted anywhere previously) and be similar in style to the previous official TLG releases."

So the exception to "never posted anywhere previously" is to put them on Flickr, the most popular photo-sharing site on the internet?

"Entries should be new (never posted anywhere previously) and be similar in style to the previous official TLG releases." means "not posted anywhere like 3 years ago"!

Upload your entry to Flickr and then post the picture in the Winter Village entries topic...

1 hour ago, wooster said:

So the exception to "never posted anywhere previously" is to put them on Flickr, the most popular photo-sharing site on the internet?

If you are this stubborn, I suppose there is no help for you.

I'll give Wooster the benefit of the doubt and explain that the term 'posted' here is more to do with the fact that this can't be an old build or a previously submitted build that just happens to fit the contest criteria rather that something 'posted' or 'hosted' elsewhere. It's something that should have been created for this contest specifically.

if, of course, Wooster is indeed being stubborn or awkward on purpose please ignore the above.

In case you are really strict with "never posted anywhere previously" thinking - Flick allows you to upload picture privately (so nobody can see it) so you can later share it in designated EB topic.

Normally, "never posted anywhere previously" means it should be a fresh creation, completed specifically for certain contest. Posting creation online a day before contest starts is considered "already posted somewhere".

I am, apparently, only allowed to upload 102kb of photos?

So… I uploaded a 90kb photo, thinking it was 102kb per message limit.

However, now I only have 12kb, and even if I remove my 90kb photo it doesn't return me the 102kb option!

Please help

Use Flickr. Eurobricks is not a photo–hosting site.

Just now, Hinckley said:

Use Flickr. Eurobricks is not a photo–hosting site.

Ok. Have to get a Yahoo account first.

Any other choices?

Just now, Hinckley said:

Use any photo–hosting site.

I tried Ipernity, but images don't autoload (even if I use the "insert using link" function) and clicking on links to see every single image is annoying from my own personal experience.

18 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I tried Ipernity, but images don't autoload (even if I use the "insert using link" function) and clicking on links to see every single image is annoying from my own personal experience.

I've never heard of that one, but you are probably grabbing the wrong link. It should end in .jpg or .jpeg If there isn't an option to grab that path, you need a different host - it us rare but some image hosts don't allow external linking directly to an image. 

I don't know why you won't use Flickr, but you could also use mocpages, Photobucket, etc. There are many.

2 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

I've never heard of that one, but you are probably grabbing the wrong link. It should end in .jpg or .jpeg If there isn't an option to grab that path, you need a different host - it us rare but some image hosts don't allow external linking directly to an image. 

I don't know why you won't use Flickr, but you could also use mocpages, Photobucket, etc. There are many.

Thanks @Darkdragon :)