A quick question - is it possible to invite people to an existing PM-thread? I can't seem to find that functionality.

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

A quick question - is it possible to invite people to an existing PM-thread? I can't seem to find that functionality.

There is an icon that looks like a + with a person's head to invite other people to the PM.  There is limit to how many people that can be invited based on your rank.  For BoBS faction PM, you may need a Regulator or Moderator to invite more than your limit.

1 hour ago, dr_spock said:

There is an icon that looks like a + with a person's head to invite other people to the PM.  There is limit to how many people that can be invited based on your rank.  For BoBS faction PM, you may need a Regulator or Moderator to invite more than your limit.

Thanks, but I cant seem to find it - can you help me with a screenshot of the button? :)

9 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Thanks, but I cant seem to find it - can you help me with a screenshot of the button? :)

ebpm_zpsmkbtemcv.jpg

@dr_spock I actually observed some oddities with that button - I have it in every conversation without any special rank. Not that I mind, it has been quite useful for 1 or 2 bigger PM threads where we needed to add people and no one was available to do so. I've heard from some others of higher ranks (Grand Duke for example) that they can't seem to add people to bigger PMs.

Thanks for pointing that out. PM permissions have been fixed. New members can't send PMs, Vassals, Citizens and Knights can send PMs to one person at a time, Counts can add a maximum of 2 recipients, Dukes 3 and Grand Dukes and Archdukes 4.

I just got told off for commenting on an old topic but I didn't think it was old enough for it to count so whats the max age of a topic for it to be inappropriate to comment on?

Mostly it depends on if you have something useful, pertinent or helpful to add to a discussion.

Another good rule of thumb is how many pages back a thread is. If its more than three, have a think as to if you really need to comment.

Anyone else having trouble posting or replying from Chrome?  I no longer see the text box and the formatting icons.  As soon as I click in the "Reply to this topic..." box, the text box goes away, and I only have the option to upload images.  Works fine in IE, but I can't stand using IE...

3 hours ago, samuraiturtle said:

I can't remove quotes and tags as well... And I had reported similar problems with the editor when using mobile and there is no apparent fix until now. For me, I try not to quote and tag people when using mobile becuase I can't remove them when I try to edit. In fact I tried quoting you just now and I can remove the text inside... Just not the entire quote block. I know that is not helpful..  but when you try and edit this message once you're in front of your desktop, it can be easily removed.

TL;DR, in mobile the post editor cannot remove quotes and tag... But in desktop there is no issue.

Tested on Chrome mobile.

1 hour ago, makoy said:

TL;DR, in mobile the post editor cannot remove quotes and tag... But in desktop there is no issue.

Tested on Chrome mobile.

I think, I figured it out. You need to hold down the "finger" until the copy/paste stuff comes up. And then touch the scissors that comes up (Plus you might need to highlight the post.) 

Thanks @samuraiturtle I also tried that but it doesn't work for me. Glad that it works for you. Unfortunately not all Android phones are created equally. I probably have more success if I use iPhone as my daily driver but it's easier to let go of certain forum features than change phone.

Good morning.  I'm not sure exactly where this should go... this is for any admin who needs to see this. I've been receiving emails from EB (at least they look like they are from EB), but they are clearly either scams or SPAM.  I think your database has been hacked.  If you'd like to see them for yourself,send me an email address and I'll forward the last couple of them to you.  Thanks in advance.  Rotundus

This is starting to get bad... I just got 3 more today!

Edited by Rotundus

Can someone tell me where i can edit my signature? I've looked for it everywhere but i can't find it.

EDIT: i found it!

Edited by Sickbricks02

@Rotundus Interesting. I don't think their database got hacked, no spam e-mails from EB on my side. I think someone is using faux sender information (header forging), to make those emails look like they have been send from EB.

6 hours ago, Capparezza said:

@Rotundus Interesting. I don't think their database got hacked, no spam e-mails from EB on my side. I think someone is using faux sender information (header forging), to make those emails look like they have been send from EB.

Right... After a little further investigation, it seems to be that the notification emails were indeed legit. I just never got notifications for SPAM topics in the "Train Tech" forum before. Thats what threw me for a loop. And of course when I went to the train tech forum I did not see the topics mentioned in the email. I guess that one of the Mods (good job Mods! Way to stay on top of the SPAM.) got to them first.  So what I did to end that was to simply not receive the email notifications. Problem solved.  Oh, and thanks again to JopieK for his help!

Yeah, normally spam get's a little out of hand in other sub-forums, mostly in "Forum Information & Help". Haven't seen any in the train forum to date :)

Not sure what causes your problem, I'm not able to reproduce it. Have you tried using a different browser or logging out then in again?

6 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Not sure what causes your problem, I'm not able to reproduce it. Have you tried using a different browser or logging out then in again?

Just tried logging in and out, the problem remains! I'll try it on mobile later on.

I am unsure if maybe I'm missing this, but is there a place where the specific moderators of each theme are listed? I am trying to get in touch with the Moderator(s) of the Special Theme Section. Any help is appreciated, please PM me. 

Edited by Thebeeze111

9 hours ago, Thebeeze111 said:

I am unsure if maybe I'm missing this, but is there a place where the specific moderators of each theme are listed? I am trying to get in touch with the Moderator(s) of the Special Theme Section. Any help is appreciated, please PM me. 

I believe Special Theme MOD is Rufus