9 minutes ago, Jim said:

You mean the tag? 

By making expert MOCs :laugh:

Usually this is something the Moderator of a certain forum does. 

Well then, I need to impress some moderators!! Thanks for the help. 

8 minutes ago, Crazy bricks said:

Well then, I need to impress some moderators!! Thanks for the help. 

Yup.

What do you build? Star Wars?

That sure is a nice build :sweet:

@MKJoshA is the one who is responsible for the tags in Star Wars, so I will leave it up to him. 

4 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Message received. Let me look through your Flickr account @Crazy bricks

Thanks - lots of the builds are quite far down the photo stream but I've uploaded a decent amount of my stuff.

52 minutes ago, Crazy bricks said:

I guess I'm unworthy! :laugh_hard:

And those who ask, don't get :laugh:

Hello to you all.

I had some questions.  I've not posted any MOCs here in a while, but I have a good 10 years plus worth saved up to share.  I noticed that my old MOC threads had all the pictures deleted from them.  Not sure if someone went in and did that, or they were lost in a site changeover or possibly because the old imaging hosting sites are gone?  Was it Image Shack?

Can I update my old posts by editing to include the pictures, or should I bump the old MOC threads with new posts to fix the broken posts (don't know how old of a post I can edit), or make new threads?  I also have an update to one of them.  The pictures are 13 years old, but never posted here.  So, do I bump, or make a new thread?  It is a version two upgrade to my Dragon Corsairs Harbor Hideaway I never got around to posting.

100_0539.jpg.9f895003d2f52c0834c6b62e00925322.jpg

There's also the fact that I created multiple factions for pirates and wanted to keep those MOCs "together," to continue the theme.  But two of them (aforementioned MOC and Dragon Corsairs Ship - The Dire Wraith) have pictures erased, possibly all my MOC threads had the pictures erased...

I came up with Redbeard's Renegades, Blackbeard's Buccaneers, the Dragon Corsairs, and the Shark Pirates.  I have MOCs for the latter two and possibly others I've not posted.  I put Blackbeard in command of Skulls Eye Schooner and Redbeard in command of Redbeard Runner, and turned the Black Seas Barracuda into a Imperial Guards/Redcoats/British Naval Warship, haha.  I also have a MOC that doubles as a Soldiers/Bluecoats/French Naval Warship, and when captured and the figurehead changed, becomes a Shark Pirates vessel.  They share the blue in their color schemes, so makes sense, after all. ;)

I'm also not sure what one has to do to get their MOCs archived.  Obviously mine were not, so it doesn't happen by the threads just existing and sitting there for a while.  Seniority, I would presume?  I was here for a long time but not sure how for long at a time.  Thankfully I still have all my LEGO MOC pictures, so I can restore these threads in some way, if it is permitted.

And what is the current rule for image embed size.  The rules thread still says 800 x 600, but I have to imagine that is not still the maximum.  Would 1080p by 1920p be acceptable?  That rules thread should perhaps be updated with whatever the current preferred size is.  Of course, some would be smaller, due to cropping and formatting, but I presume we don't want any full size raw 4k-plus pictures embedded here even now?

Also can we use Imgur here?  I do not remember if I have a Brickshelf account, and you can't even ask for your password there now, and I don't care to make a Flickr account when I already have Imgur.

I have gone back and forth on bumping or making new threads.  I read through the threads and comments, and I see as much in favor of both.  Make a new thread, and you made an unnecessary, redundant thread on the given topic, where it already had a dedicated thread devoted to said topic.  Bump that dedicated thread and you've necro-bumped a thread that hasn't had new posts in months or possibly years, which people also do not like.  I ended up simply making a new one for my LEGO ship sails question?  I hope that was okay.  The other sails cleaning thread was from like 8 years ago.  Most of what I saw erred on the side of new thread until some other posts I read on that recently... after I already made my thread, of course...

Edited by Skulls_Eye_Schooner_Sailor

We never delete images (unless there is a good reason). Most likely the image hosting service.

You can edit/fix your old topics, that would be great. There is no time limit, so you can edit all the way back.

Currently the max size is 1024 wide.

Imgur should be fine!

Editing a topic won't bump it, as far as I know. So editing is the preferred way.

I know this is probably a silly question, but I can't find how to make a signature anywhere (do I need to meet certain criteria to have one?), I have never used a forum before, so it's probably in a really obvious part of the help section and I missed it. Anyways, it would clear things up quite a bit if I knew how to do it.

2 hours ago, Horation said:

I know this is probably a silly question, but I can't find how to make a signature anywhere (do I need to meet certain criteria to have one?), I have never used a forum before, so it's probably in a really obvious part of the help section and I missed it. Anyways, it would clear things up quite a bit if I knew how to do it.

Hi

It is one of your account settings, the signature bar is not editable until you hit a certain post point. I believe it is 10. Once you have the access, it should there for you in Account Settings.

I created a topic and wanted to reserve the following posts so i can edit them later and add more to the story. But my reply was always merged into the opening post. How much time must there be between the posts so they get not merged?

15 minutes if my memory serves me right.

On 5/2/2023 at 4:08 PM, Crazy bricks said:

I guess I'm unworthy! :laugh_hard:

Sorry, meant to send you a PM a long time ago. I think your work is fantastic so far. But there's not very much Lego on your stream yet. We try to reserve that tag for builders who prove themselves over time.

So, I posted a video link (YouTube) on the Lego friends 2023 page, and, about 30 minutes later, edited the post, not interfering with the video at all, after finishing my edit to the post, this pops up whenever I’m looking at a video link

IMG_1184.png

IMG_1185.png

i don’t know if this issue is eurobricks related, but it’s a bit annoying, never had this happen before

I don't have any issues seeing the videos. You might want to try a different browser or incognito to see if you still have the problem. Looks like something local to your computer.

12 minutes ago, Jim said:

I don't have any issues seeing the videos. You might want to try a different browser or incognito to see if you still have the problem. Looks like something local to your computer.

Thanks, I got it working again

6 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

Thanks, I got it working again

Cool!

1 hour ago, Llewop said:

Out of curiosity how do people do spoiler tags?

When you are posting a reply or new thread, an Eyeball icon should be there in the rich text editor. If you click it, a spoiler box is inserted.

Spoiler

Just put your content inside and post.

The spoiler box posts as required. 

Hi, I'm new. Is it okay to post my premium Rebrickable MOCs (only have two so far)? 

Or is it allowed but considered bad ettiquette?

Couldn't find any rules on it. 

7 hours ago, ulix said:

Hi, I'm new. Is it okay to post my premium Rebrickable MOCs (only have two so far)? 

Or is it allowed but considered bad ettiquette?

Couldn't find any rules on it. 

Not sure what the question is?

If you are trying to advertise, that is a no. If you are presenting a MOC, that is fine and you are welcome to share links to instructions.