1 hour ago, Jim said:

Like Murdoch said; you need to host images elsewhere. You can use Flickr (paid) or create a Bricksafe account (free). After uploading images there, you can embed them in your post.

Regarding question #2, I don't even know what the trans flag emoji is :look:

Thanks! I’ll look into bricksafe!

the trans flag emoji looks like the transgender pride flag, if you know what that looks like, I ended up just removing the emoji because I was frustrated 

On 2/8/2023 at 6:35 AM, CasualMOCker said:

I have an issue with a picture that doesn't want be deleted.

Uploading to the forum causes this. It is a glitch I am not able to remove. @Jim has this been fixed for Admin at least? 

I would advise to use Bricksafe or imgur to upload pictures and then link them into your posts. :thumbup:

22 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Uploading to the forum causes this. It is a glitch I am not able to remove. @Jim has this been fixed for Admin at least? 

Nope, we haven't fixed it. Maybe an update will the issue, but for now we have to deal with it.

On 2/11/2023 at 12:52 AM, Lemerbrix said:

#2 I tried posting the trans flag emoji, but after posting it became this: 🏳️⚧, why?

This is because of how emojis work — you've got regular emojis and what's called the Zero Width Joiner that lets you join emoji characters together to make new emojis, and the trans flag is one of them. If your platform (phone OS, messaging app, forum software) supports the special emoji, you see what you mean to see. But if not, the platform can only render the individual emojis that make up the new emoji — this is the same reason that you get lots of box-with-question-mark gobbledegook when you send emojis to older phones — they can't render the characters.

Helpfully, there's a list of emojis that use this special character, which you can find here: https://emojipedia.org/emoji-zwj-sequence/

On 9/7/2022 at 9:02 AM, Toni Paketoni said:

I use studio but after 90% of building I cant move on because some parts do not stick together but in real life on my hands they stick together easily..

There's already one answer and I'm aware your question is a bit older now, but I can recommend Mecabricks. It's an in-browser building software (which naturally has disadvantages, like having to be connected to the internet to save, etc.) but it's very flexible with the positioning and orientation of bricks in a model. Unlike LDD and stud.io, which (helpfully) detect collisions but unhelpfully insist in come cases a configuration cannot be built, Mecabricks (and other heavier-duty softwares like LDraw) allow bricks to clip through each other. In these cases it's up to the user to ensure a MOC is buildable.

6 hours ago, jimmynick said:

This is because of how emojis work — you've got regular emojis and what's called the Zero Width Joiner that lets you join emoji characters together to make new emojis, and the trans flag is one of them. If your platform (phone OS, messaging app, forum software) supports the special emoji, you see what you mean to see. But if not, the platform can only render the individual emojis that make up the new emoji — this is the same reason that you get lots of box-with-question-mark gobbledegook when you send emojis to older phones — they can't render the characters.

Helpfully, there's a list of emojis that use this special character, which you can find here: https://emojipedia.org/emoji-zwj-sequence/

Thanks

2 more problems

#1 how do you add a Signature 

#2 if my moc is licensed, but a license that Lego hasn’t done before, do I post it in licensed themes

Edited by Lemerbrix
Typo

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

2 more problems

#1 how do you add a Signature 

#2 if my moc is licensed, but a license that Lego hasn’t done before, do I post it in licensed themes

@Jim might be able to help you with the signature and how to do that. (or any mod really) I can't really describe how to do it right now. (need sleep!)

As for question number 2: Usually yes, if it's not an in-house theme (like Adventurers, Classic Space, or Ninjago), and was created by another company (a World of Warcraft castle or a recreation of a scene from the Thriller music video, for example) then into licensed it goes. if the mod's think it belongs somewhere else, they'll move it if asked / the need arises.

9 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

@Jim might be able to help you with the signature and how to do that. (or any mod really) I can't really describe how to do it right now. (need sleep!)

As for question number 2: Usually yes, if it's not an in-house theme (like Adventurers, Classic Space, or Ninjago), and was created by another company (a World of Warcraft castle or a recreation of a scene from the Thriller music video, for example) then into licensed it goes. if the mod's think it belongs somewhere else, they'll move it if asked / the need arises.

Thanks, the moc in question is based off a Disney property, but one Lego has not done

thanks for the advice on signatures

On 2/15/2023 at 3:59 AM, Murdoch17 said:

Yup, I think Licensed is the right forum.

On 2/16/2023 at 7:02 AM, Jim said:

Yup, I think Licensed is the right forum.

Yeah, I went ahead and put it in licensed, thanks for the help, still trying to figure out how to do a signature

9 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Yeah, I went ahead and put it in licensed, thanks for the help, still trying to figure out how to do a signature

Hiya

You can edit your signature by accessing the dropdown menu next to your name in the top right on Computer based browser or the "hamburger" menu on Mobile. Select "Account Settings". On PC you are taken to a page and on the left is a selection of things you can alter from this place. On mobile there is a table with a blue bar at the top labelled "Settings Area", tapping that phrase opens the list which allows you to enter the signature page for editing. 

21 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Hiya

You can edit your signature by accessing the dropdown menu next to your name in the top right on Computer based browser or the "hamburger" menu on Mobile. Select "Account Settings". On PC you are taken to a page and on the left is a selection of things you can alter from this place. On mobile there is a table with a blue bar at the top labelled "Settings Area", tapping that phrase opens the list which allows you to enter the signature page for editing. 

Thanks, was still a bit confused, but I figured it out

23 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Thanks, was still a bit confused, but I figured it out

Did I miss a step or anything that could have been helpful? I have been looking to update our newbie guides which were made a long time ago, so any feedback can help me make better guides!

4 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Did I miss a step or anything that could have been helpful? I have been looking to update our newbie guides which were made a long time ago, so any feedback can help me make better guides!

I tried following your instructions (I’m on mobile, using safari) but i couldn’t find it, I clicked on my profile, found “account settings” and clicked it, it’s like your PC instructions (could be that there is a eurobricks app that I don’t know about)

One more question, in the friends forum, killian mentioned a way to ignore  users, how do I do that?

edit: nevermind, found it!

Edited by Lemerbrix

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

I’m on mobile, using safari

Ah, I use Chrome for Mobile and Chrome on my PC so there would be a few differences between those browsers.

Been in BOBS on the Pirate Forum for about 2 years now. I am unable to send a message to more than one person through my inbox. Is there some trick I am missing here? Just operator error?

18 minutes ago, CapOnBOBS said:

Been in BOBS on the Pirate Forum for about 2 years now. I am unable to send a message to more than one person through my inbox. Is there some trick I am missing here? Just operator error?

Hey Dan! Check out this post: 

When you hit 500 posts on the forum youll become a Knight be able to send to 2 other people, when you hit 1000 youll become a count and be able to send to 3 other people

39 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Why can’t I post anything I am trying to join a forum but can not post any pictures

@Grand Admiral Thrawn Pictures have to uploaded elsewhere (Flickr, or Brickshelf or many other options.) and linked into your post. The upload space you have on Eurobricks is for things like avatars and such, and that's why it's so small (It's not meant for actual photos) I believe there are tutorials somewhere about doing all this, but I can't recall where here on EB. Sorry I'm not more help.

Edited by Murdoch17

4 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

@Grand Admiral Thrawn Pictures have to uploaded elsewhere (Flickr, or Brickshelf or many other options.) and linked into your post. The upload space you have on Eurobricks is for things like avatars and such, and that's why it's so small (It's not meant for actual photos) I believe there are tutorials somewhere about doing all this, but I can't recall where here on EB. Sorry I'm not more help.

Thanks

We don’t have the server capacity to host all the images. 
I recommend Bricksafe to host your images. It’s a free service.

37 minutes ago, Crazy bricks said:

How do I get the MOC Expert flair? I like pretty pictures next to my name :)

You mean the tag? 

By making expert MOCs :laugh:

Usually this is something the Moderator of a certain forum does.