Hello everyone :-)

I'm getting started here and have so far read the site guidelines, the new member guide, tried out some posting, have also read this thread about flick image embedding:
https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/97921-flickr-tutorial/

...but I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

I don't have the "tree picture" to insert any images, why is that...? From all the options described in the above mentioned post I have very few, none that let me insert pictures. The only picture option I have is the "attach file" one down below, which is limited in size for obvious reasons.

Do I have to pass the 10 post barrier in order to be able to insert flickr links?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Hi.

Simply copy an image link from Flickr (make sure you use an url ending with jpg) and paste it in your topic/post. That’s it. There’s no need to use the insert image button.

Thanks very much Jim!

I tried to directly paste the link before, but it didn't work when I copied the link from the flickr size selection page. Thanks to your tip with the url ending, I tried copying the image by right-clicking on the image itself, instead of the link to the image* - and now it works :-)

*...I hope this explanation is in any way clear ;-)

Great, exactly as I always have experienced Eurobricks - it's just a nice community, with many many nice people :-)

Thanks again!

6 minutes ago, q_biq said:

*...I hope this explanation is in any way clear ;-)

Yeah absolutely. That's what I meant. I'm using Flickr myself, so I know the drill....and the pitfalls :tongue: :laugh:

6 minutes ago, q_biq said:

it's just a nice community, with many many nice people :-)

Most definitely! And thanks for joining.

Earlier today I used the word junior-ised (without hyphen) in a reply to a post in the town forum and it autocorrected to tiresome argument, I know EB has some autocorrect features for expletives and such, but was wondering if this was intentional or an issue with my computer software, since it does not recognise junior-ised as a word.

As a test

<insert that tiresome argument>

Edited by Stuartn

2 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Earlier today I used the word junior-ised (without hyphen) in a reply to a post in the town forum and it autocorrected to tiresome argument, I know EB has some autocorrect features for expletives and such, but was wondering if this was intentional or an issue with my computer software, since it does not recognise junior-ised as a word.

As a test

<insert that tiresome argument>

Yep, it is intentional.

We were super completely absolutely fed up of that word back around 2010. Essentially, if people didn't like anything about a set or theme: Be it colour, design, play features or even the whole theme concept? It was "Juniorised" no other argument, no other discussion. People would harp on about it and post it so often and then act like it was the definitive reason to dislike something and anyone else was wrong. 

So we added it to the filter to try and stop this. To force stop it. EB is a private forum and the Admin at the time could do whatever. Now that the phrase has fallen out of fashion (or been forced out here) it doesn't come up often. 

Honestly, it is a weird thing to assert. A kids toy is for children? Egads. 

2 hours ago, Jim said:

juniorised

:def_shrug:

Staff aren't subject to the filters :wink:

23 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Staff aren't subject to the filters :wink:

:excited:

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot about that.

9 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Hey, gang. How does one go about posting 'hidden content' within a post? Thanks you!

Select the part of the post that you would like to hide and use the Spoiler tool (eye icon in the toolbar).

Spoiler

Worked for me :wink:

Edited by imvanya

57 minutes ago, imvanya said:

Select the part of the post that you would like to hide and use the Spoiler tool (eye icon between in the toolbar).

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for the explanation.

It doesn't seem to be available on a mobile device btw. Weird.

Hi, is there a way to contact inactive person? Would it be for example possible to send email with help of mods? Of course I don´t mean getting contact for myself, just asking if there is any way. Not much else I can try to contact him... :/

Not really. Inactive members are just that. Inactive.

If you try messaging here, or check their profile for other sites that they use, you might have some luck.

ok, thank you for answer. I will try to search for him, already sent message but it is a few years.

I keep seeing an ad at the bottom of the pages. And I think it could be political to some members. Now normally I would just tell "Google ads" to stop showing we the advertisement but I haven't seen the "click button" for such ad...

The so called offender has a show on an animal news network. Plus their name can rhyme with a certain curse word.

10 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I keep seeing an ad at the bottom of the pages. And I think it could be political to some members. Now normally I would just tell "Google ads" to stop showing we the advertisement but I haven't seen the "click button" for such ad...

Hide contents

The so called offender has a show on an animal news network. Plus their name can rhyme with a certain curse word.

The adds on Eurobricks often rather weird, and some I would rather not see, I think there is a google algorithm (which obviously doesn’t work well) so I don’t think EB can control it, though I am not sure, but at least unlike Brickset the adds here aren’t too invasive or annoying, as for me they are normally constrained to the bottom of each page.

3 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

The adds on Eurobricks often rather weird, and some I would rather not see, I think there is a google algorithm (which obviously doesn’t work well) so I don’t think EB can control it, though I am not sure, but at least unlike Brickset the adds here aren’t too invasive or annoying, as for me they are normally constrained to the bottom of each page.

We have indeed little control over the ads. So unfortunately weird ads are shown every now and then.

And yes....the ads on Brickset are annyoing AF. 

14 hours ago, Jim said:

We have indeed little control over the ads. So unfortunately weird ads are shown every now and then.

No offense, ads are paying for something. So I should not do this, but it was absolutely not entertaining. Not here, not with this type of content.

My solution: Firefox + Privacy Badger + AdblockPlus = no ads (here + on Brickset)

Edited by Toastie

For everyone: The ads are based on your browser history so if you are seeing something distasteful there's only one place to look.

9 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

For everyone: The ads are based on your browser history so if you are seeing something distasteful there's only one place to look.

One would think, but I have been getting ads that do not correlate with my browsing history; ads for holsters (I neither own, nor have any interest in, firearms), women's clothing (I am a man, and I do not have a SO), etc. 

I think the ads can be weird but they all have the button at the top right to go to Ad Choices (On Chrome anyway) EB is one of my few whitelisted sites but I still get the odd advert I'd rather not.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:24 AM, Darkdragon said:

The majority I get are video game ads, and since I don’t own any or play any online, I am unsure why that is, and I have also had women’s clothing and firearm accessory ads (I don’t want any since I don’t have firearms to accessorise, I don’t want a gun and I live in Australia anyway).

i don’t mind to much as they are always at the bottom of the page and I can just not scroll down.

11 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

It seems a few users here have broken avatar images. I'm wonder if that's on my end or theirs

You can right-click to copy the image address and try to paste it in a browser and see what happens. Maybe use a different browser to do another check.