PS You can put a link in your signature, but please don't turn your signature in an advertisement page :tongue:

23 hours ago, Jim said:

Basically, you don’t :classic:

The forums are for showing anf discussing MOCs and sets. While it’s okay to post a link now or then, creating topics for advertising is frowned upon.

Exceptions can be made, but we appreciate a PM beforehand.

Ok thanks! Good to know! Mostly why I was asking to be honest is because I was hoping to maybe share my Aussie Lego Users discord server... All good though.

23 hours ago, Jim said:

PS You can put a link in your signature, but please don't turn your signature in an advertisement page :tongue:

Yeah makes sense. Thanks again!

Quick question though - as I asked in my original post, how do I create signatures?

12 minutes ago, GrandEmperorBinks said:

Quick question though - as I asked in my original post, how do I create signatures?

You already answered that one, at least I thought you did 

"forgot the second question, I'm dumb."

:laugh:

Click on your profile in the top right corner -> Account Settings -> Signature

12 minutes ago, GrandEmperorBinks said:

Ok thanks! Good to know! Mostly why I was asking to be honest is because I was hoping to maybe share my Aussie Lego Users discord server... All good though.

Becoming a member of EB and using EB to promote a Discord server is not exactly the way to go. You can promote EB on your Discord server though :grin:

Ok, thanks for the help! That's why I asked first. Thanks! Also, I didn't join just to do that, though was hoping it might be a little bonus on the side... Thanks for the help though!

Edited by GrandEmperorBinks

2 hours ago, GrandEmperorBinks said:

Ok, thanks for the help! That's why I asked first. Thanks! Also, I didn't join just to do that, though was hoping it might be a little bonus on the side... Thanks for the help though!

Thanks for asking :thumbup:

On 8/8/2021 at 2:36 AM, Peppermint_M said:

Only members who reach the rank of Knight have this ability. 

For everyone else, politely asking and having a good reason usually works :wink:

In that case, who do I ask?

How do you add an image to your profiles background? At the moment mine is just the default one when you sign up and I've noticed most members on here have the same. It looks like a bunch of grey triangles, behind where the username is; so in my case it's "LegoMikey" 

@Peppermint_M is the only member I've currently noticed that have their own custom background. Do you need to be a certain level to be able to do that, or do you have to be a mod?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, LegoMikey said:

How do you add an image to your profiles background? At the moment mine is just the default one when you sign up and I've noticed most members on here have the same. It looks like a bunch of grey triangles, behind where the username is; so in my case it's "LegoMikey" 

Hi LegoMikey, welcome to Eurobricks.

Once you reach an appropriate rank by participation in the community you will automatically unlock the ability to change your "Cover Photo".  The great thing is that you don't need to wait for staff to manually change it for you, simply participating will unlock a lot more features for you in time. It doesn't really take very long either.  So be sure to post your MOCs, comment on other people's work and have fun!

Here is what the button looks like when it appears on your profile page that allows you to edit your background image:

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, Darkdragon said:

Hi LegoMikey, welcome to Eurobricks.

Once you reach an appropriate rank by participation in the community you will automatically unlock the ability to change your "Cover Photo".  The great thing is that you don't need to wait for staff to manually change it for you, simply participating will unlock a lot more features for you in time. It doesn't really take very long either.  So be sure to post your MOCs, comment on other people's work and have fun!

Here is what the button looks like when it appears on your profile page that allows you to edit your background image:

Capture.PNG

What rank would that be?

5 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

I believe it is at Knight rank.

I don't seem to have the option to do that (unless I just haven't found it yet). The only difference I noted is that the triangle background is pink coloured rather than grey. I just have the 'edit profile' button.

3 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I don't seem to have the option to do that (unless I just haven't found it yet). The only difference I noted is that the triangle background is pink coloured rather than grey. I just have the 'edit profile' button.

You're right. Looks like it was switched to staff only at some point. Sorry about getting everyone's hopes up. :pir-cry_sad:

On 10/5/2021 at 6:37 PM, Peppermint_M said:

Any staff member.

So, like one of the Admins? Sorry if I'm bothering you with these questions, I'm still getting used to how this site works...

10 hours ago, CreeperBrix said:

So, like one of the Admins? Sorry if I'm bothering you with these questions, I'm still getting used to how this site works...

I can change it if you need, I am aware of the time-difference between us, so someone else might get it done quicker.

What do you need it changed to? 

Also, this is not something people should make a habit of, but no one minds the odd request to change names. 

13 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I can change it if you need, I am aware of the time-difference between us, so someone else might get it done quicker.

What do you need it changed to? 

Also, this is not something people should make a habit of, but no one minds the odd request to change names. 

I need to change it to "Sansy." (ignore the quotes, and the period is part of the username), as that's the name I have on Lego Ideas, Brickset, Rebrickable, and some other forums, and that way my username is consistent across those platforms.

13 minutes ago, Sansy said:

I need to change it to "Sansy." (ignore the quotes, and the period is part of the username), as that's the name I have on Lego Ideas, Brickset, Rebrickable, and some other forums, and that way my username is consistent across those platforms.

Should be sorted now :classic:

8 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Should be sorted now :classic:

Thank you! (Now, off to change my pfp! :excited:)

deux questions:

- la première! Lorsque je veux écrire sur le forum en anglais (même si je fais un copier-coller) ça le rédige en français... comment les autres usagers du forum vont le lire?

« Ce texte est censé être en anglais »

deuxième question, j’ai fait une erreur de frappe en m’inscrivant sur Eurobrick, je me suis nommé Sympatik Brik (mais j’utilise habituellement Sympatik Brick)

Edited by Sympatik Brik

two questions:

- the first one! When I want to write on the forum in English (even if I copy and paste) it writes it in French ... how will other users of the forum read it?

"This text is supposed to be in English" (edit: fixed!)

- second question, I made a typo while registering on Eurobrick, my name was Sympatik Brik (but I usually use Sympatik Brick)

29 minutes ago, Sympatik Brik said:

two questions:

- the first one! When I want to write on the forum in English (even if I copy and paste) it writes it in French ... how will other users of the forum read it?

"This text is supposed to be in English" (edit: fixed!)

- second question, I made a typo while registering on Eurobrick, my name was Sympatik Brik (but I usually use Sympatik Brick)

I don't know why it changed to French, that may be something to do with your browser settings and not anything on the EB forum software. As I have English as my first language, my settings ask me if I want to translate pages into English from other languages when I enter sites with a default non-English language.

I will fix your name for you :sweet:

1 hour ago, Peppermint_M said:

I don't know why it changed to French, that may be something to do with your browser settings and not anything on the EB forum software. As I have English as my first language, my settings ask me if I want to translate pages into English from other languages when I enter sites with a default non-English language.

I will fix your name for you :sweet:

It was the browser! I found by myself! Thank you for my name!

Eurobricks is displaying a mix of light and dark mode. With some parts going from dark to white when I hover over them. Anyone know what's up?

Edit: was a general glitch with chrome. Resetting fixed it.

Edited by Takanuinuva