55 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Oof, I have never gotten that to work! :laugh: 

I might go and have another poke around and see...

EDIT: So, I see an option to "Edit Cover Photo" and I was able to upload an image and position it. 

Where is that option?

On the profile page, it was at the top of the page next to Edit Profile. However, it could also be that this feature is closed to members at certain ranks.

I recall rebrickable mentioned that they were switching to a new sight or something but now I cant remember can someone give me some info 

On 4/25/2021 at 11:15 PM, MY1 said:

I recall rebrickable mentioned that they were switching to a new sight or something but now I cant remember can someone give me some info 

@MY1 They just changed their forum to another version. Rebrickable (main site) is still in the same old place it's been.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but are there any other ways to upload images to the site? I'm trying to upload LU textures as references for decals, but apparently they're all too large. Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, Natant16 said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but are there any other ways to upload images to the site? I'm trying to upload LU textures as references for decals, but apparently they're all too large. Thanks in advance.

Please check this post: 

It includes links to several tutorials on posting images to the forums, so you should be able to find answers to most questions you might have :classic:

5 hours ago, imvanya said:

Please check this post: 

It includes links to several tutorials on posting images to the forums, so you should be able to find answers to most questions you might have :classic:

Thanks!

2 hours ago, noahtheb said:

How do I become a Eurobricks citizen after becoming a Vassal?

Usually you buy a very expensive LEGO set for a staff member.

2 hours ago, Jim said:

for a staff member

Yes, we all had to do it. It pays off in the long run tough: You feel much better.

100 dollars will do though! Don't get @Jim more than that. He has sooo many sets. By the way, I believe that @dr_spock (and others!) got his (their) rank by spending 10 grand.

I also believe that there is a calculator somewhere in the Help forum - or was it the Community forum - man. It is >sort of< an EB BitCoin thing. I believe the current exchange rate is 1 $ for 1 post.

I also heard rumors that the money transfer never worked - came always back to the folks transmitting even insane amounts. Except for @dr_spock and folks of course. But they never share their approach :pir-laugh:

The "post equivalent" value apparently always worked though. Crazy times, aren't they?

I love this place. It really >is< fun.

Here is to feeling good: :pir-huzzah2: Welcome again to EB!

All the best
Thorsten

22 minutes ago, Toastie said:

Yes, we all had to do it. It pays off in the long run tough: You feel much better.

100 dollars will do though! Don't get @Jim more than that. He has sooo many sets. By the way, I believe that @dr_spock (and others!) got his (their) rank by spending 10 grand.

I also believe that there is a calculator somewhere in the Help forum - or was it the Community forum - man. It is >sort of< an EB BitCoin thing. I believe the current exchange rate is 1 $ for 1 post.

I also heard rumors that the money transfer never worked - came always back to the folks transmitting even insane amounts. Except for @dr_spock and folks of course. But they never share their approach :pir-laugh:

The "post equivalent" value apparently always worked though. Crazy times, aren't they?

I love this place. It really >is< fun.

Here is to feeling good: :pir-huzzah2: Welcome again to EB!

All the best
Thorsten

We all have to contribute to EB. How else would you expect to keep this forum afloat if not for 'charity donations'. Though I managed to slip away without buying any sets for staff members (don't tell anyone), I feel as if someone is tracking me down to make sure I don't get away with this... 

I wanted to add a scared emoji but decided that I'll use something we don't see everyday (more or less) - :dsad2:

16 hours ago, Toastie said:

Around 10K-ish.  All those LEGO® flagship Technic sets aren't cheap.  :pir-classic:

Oh sorry I did not see that rule, I apoligize. I discovered this community when I wanted to find Speed champions rumors discussions forums, and saw other accounts of people like me who loved Speed Champions. 

Should I delete my account?

And If I do have to delete my account, do you know any TFOL communities?

I just did some research about TFOL communities, and any information I find about those communities are shut down. The main one was run my TLG itself, and was shut down in 2017. 

12 minutes ago, noahtheb said:

Should I delete my account?

Man. Mentioning that number was so - sorry - dumb. Are you sure that you did not pay attention to the keyboard and accidentally pressed 1 instead of 2?

You certainly are a very polite person!

But this is of course entirely up to the mods here, like @Jim and @Peppermint_M and many others. They do a fantastic job keeping things clean here. "Clean" as in "AFOL clean".

Also, please accept my apologies for making the jokes I made. No one here has >ever< paid any money to anybody to push ranks. The forum software counts posts and assigns the ranks accordingly. There is a fixed post-number-to-rank scale, I believe in the Help forum. Google knows where that is hiding. Sometimes some folks do get a favor - and that makes all the difference here. Because educated and caring people spend a considerable amount of their time to run this site. I can't think of any other so nicely and carefully organized forum as this one. For me, it is an honor to be here and to make my jokes, comments, and original posts.

Was it 1 or 2?

Best wishes and all the best(!),
Thorsten

Unfortunately, it is (:wink:). Yeah, it was kind of dumb, and my days in here might be numbered, but it's better not to be a sheep in a wolf's clothing. Or maybe it's a wolf in sheep's clothing? Anyway, I have been doing more research, and it seems the largest LEGO community besides this one seems to be Flickr and Bricksafe. there were some other small communities, but I wasn't as interested in those because they were mostly for sharing mocs and not for socializing. (I'm here to look at other people's MOCs, not to display my own.) 

Ok, I will do some little Mod magic and hide some things. You have been polite and understanding and you are doing your research. All good things :classic:

So what we'll do is, we'll pretend to not have seen that number and then you carry on looking at MOCs and developing into a great member of the community. 

Right, I have made it so other Mods can see what they need to, but not anyone else. Honestly, if you keep up the polite attitude and you'll be better than plenty of members on the forum :grin:

Thank you! One of the things I have learned while researching LEGO AFOL and TFOL communities is that many have had to shut down because of reasons like kids "overtaking" the site with their rainbow-colored Death Stars and other builds that were taking away the quality of the site. I do not want this site to become like LEGO Life, which is, to be honest, a disaster. I will do everything I can to be a great member of this community. :classic:

Just now, noahtheb said:

Thank you! One of the things I have learned while researching LEGO AFOL and TFOL communities is that many have had to shut down because of reasons like kids "overtaking" the site with their rainbow-colored Death Stars and other builds that were taking away the quality of the site. I do not want this site to become like LEGO Life, which is, to be honest, a disaster. I will do everything I can to be a great member of this community. :classic:

:sweet: Great to know.

This thread should help with ranks, some of the staff information may be a little outdated now as things have changed over the years, but the other ranks are the same. 

Have fun and Play Well. 

8 hours ago, noahtheb said:

Hi,

Sorry for making jokes earlier. We do like to prank sometimes. You don't need to buy and expensive set.....a cheap one will do. Ohhh, here I go again. Ignore that last part :wink: 

In all seriousness; if all our members were as polite as you and used proper punctuation like you do, the world would be a better place. So feel free to stay and let's not talk about the number which should not be mentioned again :laugh:

Enjoy!

kids

Thats why LEGO was there in the first place.
Skip them and LEGO will be bankrupt in no time.

quality of the site

If creations of kids are not appriciated they will never become AFOL's

Edited by JaBaCaDaBra

12 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Thats why LEGO was there in the first place.
Skip them and LEGO will be bankrupt in no time.

If creations of kids are not appriciated they will never become AFOL's

True, but we are trying to run a site for AFOLs and for many reasons (something people may have noticed on Youtube) being set up for a Child Audience can create a lot of legal requirements and issues. So by all means support the kids in your life who love LEGO and encourage them.

However EB is not a Kids site. 

1 hour ago, Peppermint_M said:

However EB is not a Kids site. 

And how about a kids corner?

(I hardly can imagine that this idea is new but then again...)