3 hours ago, pleegwat said:

The entire technic subforum just gives me a white page.

Same for me.

@Jim, @Milan or any other staff, please have a look into the technic subforum. Every page there (subforum itself, but also individual topics visited directly from cached links) are a big white space...

Let's continue any replies on the technic forum issue in below topic, so it'll all be in one place:

The main Eurobricks panel is... idk how to tell it... unreasonable. I cannot read or click anything, the Create new content, Notifications, Massages buttons, everything is drown in a visual smog.

23 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

What are you browsing on? Mobile, tablet, computer? Also, what browser are you using?

Uhm, does it really matter? The top panel is full of colored lego things and the buttons are invisible in that mess.

2 hours ago, Aine said:

Uhm, does it really matter? The top panel is full of colored lego things and the buttons are invisible in that mess.

Uh, yeah? 

Seeing as on my laptop using Chrome, I haven't really got any trouble finding the top buttons. I was trying to find a cause for the issue, sometimes browsers or devices have stacked buttons from an error when loading the page. You neglected to mention that it was the banner image that was creating the issue for you. 

That is not one that I can solve, but I have brought up the graphics before, so eventually it should get fixed. 

I was wondering when attaching images, how large can the files we upload be.

When I first uploaded images, I was allowed to upload 100kb of images, but now I am only able to upload 20kb of images, which is very small.

I was wondering whether this changes over time?

I have looked over the information forums, but I haven't been able to find out why this is. I am fine to only have 20kb, if that is the norm, but wanted to know whether there is a way to upload larger/more images.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

8 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I was wondering when attaching images, how large can the files we upload be.

When I first uploaded images, I was allowed to upload 100kb of images, but now I am only able to upload 20kb of images, which is very small.

I was wondering whether this changes over time?

I have looked over the information forums, but I haven't been able to find out why this is. I am fine to only have 20kb, if that is the norm, but wanted to know whether there is a way to upload larger/more images.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

Hi

The image uploader is for an avatar on your profile, not to share MOC pics etc. Those need to be uploaded to image hosts and deeplinked into the forum. Either you have used up the original 100kb, or the reduction has been put in place to encourage people to use actual image hosts. 

On 1/6/2021 at 7:53 PM, Peppermint_M said:

Hi

The image uploader is for an avatar on your profile, not to share MOC pics etc. Those need to be uploaded to image hosts and deeplinked into the forum. Either you have used up the original 100kb, or the reduction has been put in place to encourage people to use actual image hosts.

Thank you for your advice.

I have since tried doing so and think I have now been able to get the process you mentioned to work.

2 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

Thank you for your advice.

I have since tried doing so and think I have now been able to get the process you mentioned to work.

No worries, if you do come across any problems, feel free to ask. :classic:

Bringing back this question because I am stumped. I am still receiving so many emails from euro bricks, its cluttering my mailbox. How do I stop getting any emails from this site? Someone responded earlier and took me to a page where I thought I turned off emails but no I’m still receiving a million emails per second. I’m getting way too many emails please help I need to stop receiving emails from this site altogether

On 1/6/2021 at 12:37 AM, Peppermint_M said:

Uh, yeah? 

Seeing as on my laptop using Chrome, I haven't really got any trouble finding the top buttons. I was trying to find a cause for the issue, sometimes browsers or devices have stacked buttons from an error when loading the page. You neglected to mention that it was the banner image that was creating the issue for you. 

That is not one that I can solve, but I have brought up the graphics before, so eventually it should get fixed. 

Oh yeah, that's it! I didn't realize that I may sound like there's some technical problem (e.g. the things that you've proposed). It's just a design issue, buttons are drown in a visual smog.

When I come to the site, I see a list of topics on the front page started by various members. I have recently started a new topic, but it does not show up on the front page. Is this because I am a new member? It does show up in the forum where I posted though, albeit without an image. What's the right way to make my model more discoverable and get more feedback?

Just now, gyenesvi said:

When I come to the site, I see a list of topics on the front page started by various members. I have recently started a new topic, but it does not show up on the front page. Is this because I am a new member? It does show up in the forum where I posted though, albeit without an image. What's the right way to make my model more discoverable and get more feedback?

That's a good question. And one I don't know the answer to immediately. Can you post a link here to the topic?

On 1/19/2021 at 12:55 PM, Jim said:

That's a good question. And one I don't know the answer to immediately. Can you post a link here to the topic?

Any feedback on this? Thanks!

22 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Any feedback on this? Thanks!

I totally missed the notification for your reply, sorry.

There are mainly three different things on the frontpage. There are featured topics, which show up on the list at the right and as articles (with a pictures). Topics are featured manually by staff members (and some other members with permissions), so not all topics appear as featured topics.
The most important thing for a topic to be featured is that it starts with the main image. That image will automatically be used on the front page.

And there is a list with new topics. Every new topic appears on that list, but the list isn't that long, so it's possible your topic will disappear quickly.

Thanks for the info on this!

On 1/24/2021 at 5:02 PM, Jim said:

The most important thing for a topic to be featured is that it starts with the main image. That image will automatically be used on the front page.

Does this mean that it's a good practise to start the post with the main image if I'd like to increase its chances of being featured?

1 minute ago, gyenesvi said:

Thanks for the info on this!

Does this mean that it's a good practise to start the post with the main image if I'd like to increase its chances of being featured?

It doesn't improve the chance, but it will definitely help!

Where is the Elves thread for 2020 and 2021 sets? Elves is listed as an Action and Adventure theme but i cannot find the thread on the action forums.

Edited by cosmic

12 hours ago, cosmic said:

Where is the Elves threwd for 2020 and 2021 sets? Elves is listed as an Action and Adventure theme but i cannot find the thread on the action forums.

There are no new sets for the theme, it has ended. Therefore there is no discussion thread for new or upcoming sets. 

The subforum is the place for MOCs and other discussion on the theme, but the yearly threads are current product only.

3 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

There are no new sets for the theme, it has ended. Therefore there is no discussion thread for new or upcoming sets. 

The subforum is the place for MOCs and other discussion on the theme, but the yearly threads are current product only.

Thanks for the reply. What a shame, I literally just started viewing Lego elves set reviews and actually really like the theme. I think I always get into themes as they retire.