10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Is there a reason images from LEGO Ideas are suddenly no longer embedding properly here on Eurobricks? :sad:

It could be a issue with the smaller (thumbnail) versions - try clicking on the image (zoom in) and then copy the image.

Example URLs:

Small: https://ideascdn.lego.com/community/lego_ci/projects/c72/4dd/6134371-airship_cover_w_text-thumbnail-full.jpg

Large: https://ideascdn.lego.com/community/lego_ci/projects/c72/4dd/6134371-airship_cover_w_text.jpg

And here's them embedded:

Spoiler

6134371-airship_cover_w_text-thumbnail-f

6134371-airship_cover_w_text.jpg

Edit: Maybe that isn't what's wrong....

Edited by mocbuild101

Well, I just tried to follow you links and they hit a 403 error.

6178840-Lion_1-thumbnail-full.jpg

But I just jumped to Ideas myself, found a pic and have posted it above? Right click and copied the image location and then posted it here.

23 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Well, I just tried to follow you links and they hit a 403 error.

That's strange, I have no issues whatsoever... And the image you posted isn't showing for me... :wacko:

Hmm, That is really strange!

I wonder if it is Ideas and not EB that is doing it? Or maybe something to do with our respective browser cache letting the images and links work?

@Jim do you know if there is an EB software reason the Ideas hosted images are going missing?

I guess they have turned off something in the code that allowed it to be shared as a deeplink?

Weird though, to think that it is a platform for sharing builds and gathering support for projects has locked out deeplinks. 

10 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

I guess they have turned off something in the code that allowed it to be shared as a deeplink?

Weird though, to think that it is a platform for sharing builds and gathering support for projects has locked out deeplinks. 

I wonder, is it merely accidental, or do they have potential intention for doing so? :shrug_confused:

5 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

That still doesn't explain why it's working for me though...

Edit: Except the images for The Pirate Bay linked above, which I can't see...

Edited by mocbuild101

It does look like the  images and links we have posted work for us but not others. I couldn't follow the links you posted. You couldn't see the image I posted. 

On 3/17/2019 at 4:13 AM, Peppermint_M said:

It does look like the images and links we have posted work for us but not others. I couldn't follow the links you posted. You couldn't see the image I posted. 

Well shucks, looks they're all back to being embed properly this morning! :thumbup: :oh3:

2 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well shucks, looks they're all back to being embed properly this morning! :thumbup: :oh3:

I am going to guess that whatever team/company runs the Ideas site put through some sort of update to the live software system that knocked out the ability to link to images. The company I work for has their software handled by an external provider and I can tell you, every update brings new problems for us in the office!

By the way, what exact duration of time must there be in order for two replies to be merged (assuming nobody posts right after one's initial post)? :shrug_confused:

How can I tag/link another user, like Xon67 did with me at the very start of this post? I've checked the Guidelines, FAQ and searched but can't find any info about it. Thanks!

Edited by Mr Classic

1 hour ago, Mr Classic said:

How can I tag/link another user, like Xon67 did with me at the very start of this post? I've checked the Guidelines, FAQ and searched but can't find any info about it. Thanks!

I've actually already answered this question: 

Heroica MOCs probably would go under the Game Forum, or under History.

I have 2 questions:

1. Where would I ask a question about building techniques. I am looking for help on a lift arm bridge.

2. I am trying to contact a user who submitted a LEGO set in LDD as I have some corrections to his model, but as I am new I am not allowed to send him a message and my attempts on some of his other social media sites have gone unanswered - my requests may have been dismissed as SPAM. Any suggestions?

Kevin

BTW, should the "Report Post" function be used to request or inquire if a topic could be merged with a previously-existing one, or should it just be reserved for spam and abusive comments? :shrug_confused:

On 8/23/2019 at 5:16 AM, BallstonSpaKW said:

I have 2 questions:

1. Where would I ask a question about building techniques. I am looking for help on a lift arm bridge.

2. I am trying to contact a user who submitted a LEGO set in LDD as I have some corrections to his model, but as I am new I am not allowed to send him a message and my attempts on some of his other social media sites have gone unanswered - my requests may have been dismissed as SPAM. Any suggestions?

Kevin

If you are looking for Technic Tips, then there is a whole section for that here, but if it is another theme there are lots of places you could look.

As for a user, you only need a few posts to access the message system, 

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

BTW, should the "Report Post" function be used to request or inquire if a topic could be merged with a previously-existing one, or should it just be reserved for spam and abusive comments? :shrug_confused:

I mean, you can do that if you want, or try the @ function to notify the subforum lead.

3 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I mean, you can do that if you want, or try the @ function to notify the subforum lead.

Yeah, the @ function is how do I go about such, but I was just wondering if that is generally the preferred method.

Hello

3 years ago iI reset my password and my account suffered the same problem as others on this board have mentioned, where I get this message and can't logout or navigate any other page:

Sorry, there is a problem

This member is not awaiting validation

Error code: 2S129/4

Can anyone help me recover my main account please? (Bugbot2008) As I wish to get back into the community. 

On 9/8/2019 at 9:34 AM, Bugbot20082 said:

Can anyone help me recover my main account please? (Bugbot2008) As I wish to get back into the community. 

Say, you've the guy who created those excellent LEGO Ideas submissions based upon Atlantis: The Lost Empire aren't you?! :thumbup: :oh3: It's really good to see you back again, so sorry to hear about the log-in issues with your primary account... :sad: