Thank you very much, Peppermint_M ! What image hosting site could you recommend?

Posting the images from the hosting site, I must not post images that are over 1,024 x 768 and any that are over 1MB" , right?

I use flickr, it is quite simple to use and there is options to have ready resized images. 

Indeed those are the image limits for size, but I believe that deep linking the image puts off the file size limit.

Some Staff members have in their signature links to e.g. New Member? -- Read this. When I click on this link there is saying I do not have the permission to view this site.

Same for when I click on "Need help? -- Ask here" Here it says that it can't locate the page I am looking for. Site Guidelines, Visual User Guide and  FAQ are working perfectly.

On 8/27/2018 at 7:07 AM, Robin_IV said:

Some Staff members have in their signature links to e.g. New Member? -- Read this. When I click on this link there is saying I do not have the permission to view this site.

Same for when I click on "Need help? -- Ask here" Here it says that it can't locate the page I am looking for. Site Guidelines, Visual User Guide and  FAQ are working perfectly.

Can you see these links below? I obtained it from my signature. And, for the strikethrough link, it will refer to this topic. I will update mine shortly. 

Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Your "Ask here"-Link in your Signature is now working.

For the "Read this"-Link it shows: 

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/H

I have a question regarding the text manipulation features of the WYSIWYG EB forum editor. As the last line on every EB page says that the forum software software is from Invision Community: I believe that this software is IP.Board (version?) and the editor is an incarnation of CKEditor (version maybe 4)?

I recently composed a book review in the Train Tech forum. As CKEditor does feature MSWord import "filters" (when they are installed) I tried c/p directly from Word2013. Worked >almost< like a charm; even cascaded bullet lists were sort of correctly imported. Text color, text alignment (flush left, centered, flush right, justified) were all OK.

However, when attempting to fix things (e.g., first bullet list entry with different font and size, text alignment not justified, positioning of graphics, size manipulation of graphics etc.) it appears as if this is all very well possible, but there is hardly any help on how to do it other than trying things out. (Using IE10) "CTRL b" changes marked text to bold face, as ist does in Word, same with "CTRL i" for italics and "CTRL u" for underline. Although there is no "justify" button in the text alignment menu, it is correctly imported. I could not find the keyboard shortcut of "justify text" - when clicking CTRL sequences chances are, that the entire text goes belly up. So when I want to justify a paragraph, there is no such option in the menus, but the feature is obviously activated in the forum editor (as learned by import from Word).

Is there aby chance to get an overview of the text editing features used/installed with the CKEditor incarnation used on EB? Same with a list of keyboard shortcuts? It would make life so much easier, when composing more complex texts. For example when c/p'ing from Word, pictures are naturally gone when they are imported from a local source rather than the web (using hyperlinks), some invisible remnants remain though, as one can tell by using the delete key repeatedly. Is there a setting that make CTRL codes or characters visible, such as the end of paragraph symbol? I am happy to use any online resource an looked already around, but I would like to know >where< to look as there are simply too many enabled/disabled options.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Thorsten     

I need some help, where I can post it?

Hello, I am new here, yesterday I installed LEGO DIGITAL DESIGNER 4.3.11 is my first time using this program, I only used before application as MONZO for Android and iOS, is similar but not complete as LEGO, is amazing, better than MONZO, the possibilities is infinity for creating things, well I am learning a lot, and I am trying to create the Bugatti Chiron I am doing the pass 32 now I am using the official book PDF from LEGO, but I have one problem with the pass number 21 is not one big problem but maybe somebody can help me.

I can’t find the piece pass 21 color Blue (Gear), I have some similar ( I will put one photo with some piece in color red).

I can’t find this blue piece, I try see using (view themes) LDD - LEGO MINDSTORMS - LDD Extended.

Can someone help me with this piece?

What gear I must to use? if I don’t have it...

Thank you 

( sorry I can put the photos) link https://ibb.co/dCVKXp

Gear that I need https://ibb.co/nJ7Nk9

Edited by Legolegodaisuki

Hi, while I am unsure of the specific answer to your question, there is a whole Subforum for LDD HERE that might help you solve the issue, or at least find the expertise to help!

I can't log into my main account (TeriXeri) for a long time now, even though that account has made 59 posts (back in 2016) so it's not new, I just checked, it's not banned either, I reset my password, and deleted cookies and log in, but every single time I get this error for a long time now.

This member is not awaiting validation

Error code: 2S129/4

Edited by TeriXeri2

Bump, it's 1 week, nobody can help recover my main account? (TeriXeri)

Still getting the same error on that account after login :

I found that merging the two accounts worked for someone who had a problem. So I shall try that one again.

9 hours ago, TeriXeri2 said:

Bump, it's 1 week, nobody can help recover my main account? (TeriXeri)

Still getting the same error on that account after login :

Edit: Ok, looked you up and I approved the account. Hop on in!

The forum is swamped by those Korean spams which seems to be for horse betting. Can the staff cleaned em up?

Is there a way to resize an image posted from an external site? I have tried a few attempts at BBCode such as:

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/29025875@N06][img width="200" height="109"]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rogueang/Varlyrio/saputa_valencia.jpg[/img][/url]

and also:

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/29025875@N06][img=200x109]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rogueang/Varlyrio/saputa_valencia.jpg[/img][/url]

but neither seem to work. I am proficient with both BBCode and HTML so I assume I am either doing something stupid (most likely) or the board doesn't accept code.

Any help appreciated.

I have no idea about the technicalities of the forum! I know that we lost the rich text editor when Invision upgraded, and here is what I have figured out on this wysiwyg editor we have now.

Image result for LEGO Minifig head

I simply pasted that in by copying image from a google image search using the menu from a right click.

I double click the image once I pasted it and the Image options box opened up and I was able to chose the size. 

I hope that helps?

@Basiliscus

In order to post resized pictures from Flickr you need to use an option available within Flickr itself:

Share Photo > BBCode tab > select desired picture resolution from drop down list. This will get you unique URL that you can use to post here. Pasting it directly into text editor may not produce the picture preview, but it will work once post submitted.

Edited by zux

On 10/21/2018 at 10:51 AM, Peppermint_M said:

I have no idea about the technicalities of the forum! I know that we lost the rich text editor when Invision upgraded, and here is what I have figured out on this wysiwyg editor we have now.

I simply pasted that in by copying image from a google image search using the menu from a right click.

I double click the image once I pasted it and the Image options box opened up and I was able to chose the size. 

I hope that helps?

Thanks for that @Peppermint_M! I didn't know you could do that, I'll give that a try as that seems the most likely answer.

On 10/22/2018 at 7:37 PM, zux said:

@Basiliscus

In order to post resized pictures from Flickr you need to use an option available within Flickr itself:

Share Photo > BBCode tab > select desired picture resolution from drop down list. This will get you unique URL that you can use to post here. Pasting it directly into text editor may not produce the picture preview, but it will work once post submitted.

Thanks for that. I was aware of Flickr's resizing capability, but in this case the picture was hosted on Brickshelf so I couldn't use this option.

10 hours ago, david4662 said:

Is there an easy way to link LDD files in posts? If so, how do you do it? Where should I upload the file?

Just upload it to Bricksafe, and copy/paste the download link. (not the Bricksafe page)

Hi all

I'm a beginner with this "new" lego technic, I'm finding it difficult and frustrating in building my own moc's. As I want to create/build a 4x4 closely to the Gaz 66. But to be honest I don't know where to begin.

I have well over a dozen kits plus a few extra parts I've brought off the Internet.

Your help would be appreciated :classic: