Like eliminating World hunger? Or Global peace? Well, seems it didn't work :laugh:

But it was completely unrelated to that CloudFlare issue, or not?

38 minutes ago, Bob De Quatre said:

The board got upgraded, hoping it would solve some problems...

Main "annoyance" though was the unexpectedness. No warning and no hint on how long it will take.

Not much inconvenience here, but afterwards all the red tags on pinned topics have stretched all the way across the listing page...
Such as in this topic, the tag 'Ask here' is the same width as the title box on the topic listing page. It seems to be the case in at least 3 sub-forums. (Here, Train Tech and Town).

32 minutes ago, ColletArrow said:

Not much inconvenience here, but afterwards all the red tags on pinned topics have stretched all the way across the listing page...
Such as in this topic, the tag 'Ask here' is the same width as the title box on the topic listing page. It seems to be the case in at least 3 sub-forums. (Here, Train Tech and Town).

Seems to be a board-wide problem... Seeing this as well.

1 hour ago, Capparezza said:
2 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

Seems to be a board-wide problem... Seeing this as well.

I think this only appears on mobile. I see that in my phone but over here on my desktop, it looks fine.

29 minutes ago, makoy said:

I think this only appears on mobile. I see that in my phone but over here on my desktop, it looks fine.

Well, I'm on my laptop so there's inconsistency. I'm using a version (the weird Windows 8 one) of Internet explorer. I haven't checked my phone since the update.

2 minutes ago, ColletArrow said:

Well, I'm on my laptop so there's inconsistency. I'm using a version (the weird Windows 8 one) of Internet explorer. I haven't checked my phone since the update.

I was on Windows 10, Chrome ... no issue. I am now on Mac OS Sierra, Chrome & Safari also no issue. It's when I reduce the window size and the site goes to mobile mode that I see this appearing. 

On 22/02/2017 at 5:08 PM, makoy said:

You're referring to "Display Name" 

Home > Settings (account settings) > Display Name

Check if you can still do it even though you've been demoted :wink:

As a knight now, I have the option, which confirms that is only allowed for knights and up.

On 24.2.2017 at 6:00 PM, makoy said:

I was on Windows 10, Chrome ... no issue. I am now on Mac OS Sierra, Chrome & Safari also no issue. It's when I reduce the window size and the site goes to mobile mode that I see this appearing. 

Win10, FF latest version. I am neither in Mobile mode nor have I changed the window size, its maximized. Well, it's gone now anyways :laugh: and @Bonaparte said they are looking into it. Maybe it's already sorted out?

4 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Win10, FF latest version. I am neither in Mobile mode nor have I changed the window size, its maximized. Well, it's gone now anyways :laugh: and @Bonaparte said they are looking into it. Maybe it's already sorted out?

Yes, it's a new option on the latest software version which allows to select one tag to be shown in such a long annoying red banner. I've already manually disabled this for most of the topics that were shown on the first page of each forum. Each topic needs to be edited to change this, so it's a bit annoying.

2 hours ago, Bonaparte said:

Yes, it's a new option on the latest software version which allows to select one tag to be shown in such a long annoying red banner. I've already manually disabled this for most of the topics that were shown on the first page of each forum. Each topic needs to be edited to change this, so it's a bit annoying.

Great to hear and thanks a lot for your work! :thumbup:

Hello everyone!

I have a technical question about Eurobricks.

As of now, I have 18 followers on Eurobricks, but the profile display page only shows up to 12. Every time someone follows me, the followers shown on the profile are messed up.

I was wondering, is there a way to select which members I want to permanently put as followers on my profile?

If there is no such function, could the mods consider adding a function like that?

Thanks in advance!

VaderFan2187

22 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Hello everyone!

I have a technical question about Eurobricks.

As of now, I have 18 followers on Eurobricks, but the profile display page only shows up to 12. Every time someone follows me, the followers shown on the profile are messed up.

I was wondering, is there a way to select which members I want to permanently put as followers on my profile?

If there is no such function, could the mods consider adding a function like that?

Thanks in advance!

VaderFan2187

out of curiosity, what purpose does selecting your shown followers serve? assuming a person has enough to have to chose who is shown, wouldn't that mean you are by extension choosing which followers are most important to you? and implying that those not shown are of lesser importance? maybe i'm reading too far into it, but as far as followers go I would just as soon like to not know who is following me, as I would seeing a list of everyone who is.

1 minute ago, GallardoLU said:

but as far as followers go I would just as soon like to not know who is following me, as I would seeing a list of everyone who is.

True. That might be even better. That way no one is left out :thumbup:

Sorry if it came across the wrong way.

Since when has 'Followers' been a thing on EB? It's bad enough that some members get a metaphorical following but people can now actually declare it via a button? 

6 hours ago, Robianco said:

Since when has 'Followers' been a thing on EB? It's bad enough that some members get a metaphorical following but people can now actually declare it via a button? 

You have two followers… I am one of them. They get notified when you post new content. You can disable the ability to be followed, however.

7 hours ago, Robianco said:

Ever since the update I think (the major one in October)

On 3/2/2017 at 3:10 PM, Tariq j said:

Ever since the update I think (the major one in October)

It's always been there (at least since before 2010), but it use to be called friends.

Dear reader,

Which forum should I take to ask a question about an old lego item, I don´t know a number, I do know the colors. Maybe it´s Creator, but it looks like a marble track. Maybe it´s very early a GBC.

Can you advise me?

Kind regards, Arthur

Just now, Excal1bur said:

Which forum should I take to ask a question about an old lego item, I don´t know a number, I do know the colors.

Hello Arthur,

Is the LEGO item you are asking about a set or a part itself?

Cheers,
VaderFan2187

I think it's a set, it has a black underground, build with light grey viaducts/aquaducts (do not know you regocnize thers words xxx ducts) together with towers and on the little buildings, towers and those xx ducts a black loop, suitable to transport marbles, or plastic (GBC) balls, so I think it's a set. The booklet looked old, grey/blue, with no number.

Helpful??

Arthur

@Excal1bur

Hello Arthur,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I have not been able to find such a set. Perhaps you could post an image using flickr?

Cheers,
VaderFan2187

Edited by VaderFan2187