9 hours ago, quark12000 said:

Why was Doctor Who Discussion thread shut down?

@Captain Nemo said 

Again, no, there is no indication that we will be getting anymore Dr. Who sets. Just because you think it would be stupid not to make new sets, does not mean new sets will materialize just to appease you. 

Until said time that actually does happen, I think this thread could use some rest. :thumbup:

42 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Not in the wrong places. There are appropriate places for speculation and wishlists to go, and places for them not to go. Then, in some cases, blind hope belongs more in places like Franchises LEGO needs to make, or LEGO Theme ideas.

I'm not a Doctor Who fan, so I have no vested interest in that thread, but shouldn't wishlists be allowed in that thread? It isn't "Pictures and Rumors", it's "General Discussion"?

Does that mean that if the Star Wars theme ends (dear God no) then the "Future Star Wars sets" topic will be locked too?

Quite likely, yes.

If there is currently only wishful dreaming of an impossible future keeping a thread high in the list for nothing but wishing, the thread will be closed. We like to try and keep things current and relevant. Hence the yearly discussion threads instead of one lasting the life of a theme and the dream wishlist threads I linked.

33 minutes ago, quark12000 said:

Well, that's not what it says in the FAQ, but whatever.

Why? What does it say in the FAQ?

11 hours ago, Robianco said:

As far as I know, nothing. The continued life of a thread is decided by moderators according to circumstances, so there is no hard and fast rule.

1 hour ago, Peppermint_M said:

As far as I know, nothing. The continued life of a thread is decided by moderators according to circumstances, so there is no hard and fast rule.

I didn't think there was. I took a look myself... 

I think people can be very protective over themes and the thought of a thread dedicated to it being closed becomes an issue for them. In the case of Dr Who I can't remember seeing anything that indicates another release across any of Lego's line of products. 

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

Help! I keep accidentally marking forums as read :hmpf_bad:. Is there a way I can mark them as unread again?

Nope.  They will show as unread when someone posts again.  It doesn't usually take too long :wink:

Just now, Darkdragon said:

Nope.  They will show as unread when someone posts again.  It doesn't usually take too long :wink:

But then there are tons of topics that I missed out on (I usually use the "Next Unread" button to go through. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to deal with my carelessness :sadnew:

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

But then there are tons of topics that I missed out on (I usually use the "Next Unread" button to go through. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to deal with my carelessness :sadnew:

Well, you aren't missing out on them really.  You can always just go to the last page of any topic of your interest and that will be the newest posts. Slow down, breathe, relax, it will all be OK.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:17 PM, Robianco said:

From The Liscensed Tower thread:

"Discussion about potential future sets and minifigures that have not yet been rumored with a source belong in the appropriate Future Sets or Wishlists topic. Once news has come out, you may discuss how the film/tv/media material will translate into LEGO in the Rumor & Discussion topic."

7 hours ago, quark12000 said:

From The Liscensed Tower thread:

"Discussion about potential future sets and minifigures that have not yet been rumored with a source belong in the appropriate Future Sets or Wishlists topic. Once news has come out, you may discuss how the film/tv/media material will translate into LEGO in the Rumor & Discussion topic."

I think there must be an assumption that a theme exists for there to be future sets, whether they be rumoured or not.

I think the problem with Dr Who is there's no indication at all that the Ideas or Dimensions set will expand into a theme with future releases. We've had information from the retailers catalogue and there's no mention of anything... we'll start to get reports from the toy fairs soon.

I think that would be why the thread was locked... with no indication of any future Dr Who releases there's no potential sets to discuss. I would think that even the slightest teaser image that a new set is on the horizon might mean the thread being opened again.

Thats just how I read it.

A Doctor Who theme seems to have come to an end, if you want to count some dimensions packs and an Ideas release as a theme. If a thread is causing an issue, being bumped or kept high on the boards despite lack of relevance, it can be locked at Moderator discretion. 

There is no indication that there will be more Doctor Who sets. If anything is hinted then there is a point to the thread in Licensed and it will be unlocked. 

The "theme" is over but that does not stop us making more ourselves. To quote: "Go build. Go do something with LEGO."

12 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Anything at all can be locked at moderator discretion. It is how the forum works. 

Yep, that's the impression I'm getting.

I don't know if somebody asked this question already, haven't read the thread entirely. 

Since the site was updated I have difficulties with unread comments, before I only clicked on unread comment and the thread automatically showed me were I left, the unread comment poped up and i couldcontinue reading new comments. Now the button doesn't even exist. ( or maybe I dont see it) and I get confused with comments so easily because when I open thread it automatically gives me the first page, then i have to go to last page and scroll backwards and search for latest comments.

please I need help, can someone explain how this works now?

Hi, I'm having some difficulties navigating through pages of comments. Clicking on the next/prev page button or a specific page number doesn't doesn't take me to that page. I've had this problem for a couple of months now. I think it may have fixed itself for a day or two a few weeks ago but then it broke again.

Basically after clicking to go to a different comments page:

• The url changes to show the new page number
  • The page scrolls to the top
  • The current page of comments fade out a little bit
  • After a second or two the page flashes
  • But I'm still stuck on the original page.

I'm having this problem on all my devices/browsers:

• Safari 9.1.3 (OS X 10.11.6)
  • Chrome 55.0.2883.95 (OS X 10.11.6)
  • Chrome (Win 10)

24 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

are people able to do polls here.

Yes, but not your member level. Check out the thread about ranks in this forum. Also remember to use proper capitalization on your sentances.

3 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Yes, but not your member level. Check out the thread about ranks in this forum. Also remember to use proper capitalization on your sentances.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

also

Edited by goalieboy82

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 3:46 PM, cebelicamya said:

I don't know if somebody asked this question already, haven't read the thread entirely.

Since the site was updated I have difficulties with unread comments, before I only clicked on unread comment and the thread automatically showed me were I left, the unread comment poped up and i couldcontinue reading new comments. Now the button doesn't even exist. ( or maybe I dont see it) and I get confused with comments so easily because when I open thread it automatically gives me the first page, then i have to go to last page and scroll backwards and search for latest comments.

please I need help, can someone explain how this works now?

the brick next to the topic title (green or green with red if commented in) is now the "Go to first unread post" button (hover your mouse over it to see the tool tip) previously this was discussed in the forum update thread but that was quite long so I can see how you missed it. :)