Dunno if this helps but someone on Reddit named Dakar-A can't access his account on here. He said his username and email both don't work. Any way he can be helped?

3 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

Dunno if this helps but someone on Reddit named Dakar-A can't access his account on here. He said his username and email both don't work. Any way he can be helped?

@CM4Sci This is what Hinckley said about that

We've had a small number of accounts that needed to be manually approved on the new board software. :wacko: I think I was able to find them all but if you are not able to login but can read this as a guest go to our Facebook page and contact me there with your display name and I'll fix that for you quickly.

I don't know if this is an issue across all forums, but when I view the thread (in "Train Tech") that I have posted pictures from "Flickr", I cannot view the pictures associated with those posts. all I get is code. The same thing happens for any links I might have used as well. They are all just text.  Any suggestions?

Also, whenever I navigate to any page I am asked whether or not to allow this page to send "notifications" to me.  Huh???

Edited by Rotundus

@Rotundus it is an issue across the forums until the conversion is finished with the old posts due to the forums software upgrade. It can take days, even weeks.

If you are using Chrome, it is a browser notification setting that will pop up notification messages whenever there is new activity in the forum that you opted to receive notifications. 

10 hours ago, makoy said:

@Rotundus it is an issue across the forums until the conversion is finished with the old posts due to the forums software upgrade. It can take days, even weeks.

If you are using Chrome, it is a browser notification setting that will pop up notification messages whenever there is new activity in the forum that you opted to receive notifications. 

Thanks.  I am using Firefox on Windows 7.  The options that I am given are "No notifications" and "Not now" (which the program ignores).  I shall wait a while longer to see if (here are those famous five words...) maybe it will go away. :wink:

Speaking of Photos:

How can i add Pictures to a new Topic?Usually there was a Button (something like "insert Image") and a Window popped up where i could add the Link Adress of the Image uploaded to my Photobucket Account.

In older Forums the Adress got something like /img....img added to it so they would show up but here i can`t find anything similar...

You have to use the "Insert other media" menu on the lower right corner of the text editor, right above the "Submit Reply" button, and choose to "Insert image from URL" there.

Mkay,i tried but when i klick on the grey "insert into post" Button the Field with the inserted Link turns red and nothing else happens...

To insert (embed) image, just copy the link of an image (URL) and paste it into the editor -- the post editor will automatically insert the image in the post.

EDIT - it is not working now... was working yesterday. Now I can't insert other media from URL as well. 

Edited by makoy
solution proposed not working as expected

1 minute ago, badchriss said:

Well,i now used the old Fashion Way,adding the img Code to the Adress...seems to work.

You're right...this is the 3rd option. I posted yesterday that BBcode are still supported here -- but there is no documentation right now which is officially supported and to what extent...

I don't know where to post this but I'm using chrome via mobile and all the links in the EB's FAQ page don't seem to work. Sending me to the top of the FAQ page instead of to the desired post.

Edited by von Katfisch

3 hours ago, von Katfisch said:

I don't know where to post this but I'm using chrome via mobile and all the links in the EB's FAQ page don't seem to work. Sending me to the top of the FAQ page instead of to the desired post.

Thanks for the heads up. It's not a problem unique to your setup, it would seem that all of the FAQ links have been replaced in the upgrade. We will look into this shortly. :thumbup:

On 9/23/2016 at 4:09 PM, CM4Sci said:

Turns out he couldn't remember his username.

2 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Turns out he couldn't remember his username.

Glad to hear he's been helped  :laugh:

2 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Thanks for the heads up. It's not a problem unique to your setup, it would seem that all of the FAQ links have been replaced in the upgrade. We will look into this shortly. :thumbup:

We noticed that too in the Brethen of the Brick Seas indexes.  It seems like the URL syntax to point to a specific reply post in a topic has changed.  They have this bit at the end that I don't remember was in the old software:  &do=findComment&comment=2419441   Replies are comments now? 

A question about picture posting... Is the old method still valid?  (As in get the proper BB code from Flickr and pasting?)  If not, please be sure to update your "help FAQs" about how to post pictures.  Thanks

5 hours ago, Rotundus said:

A question about picture posting... Is the old method still valid?  (As in get the proper BB code from Flickr and pasting?)  If not, please be sure to update your "help FAQs" about how to post pictures.  Thanks

BBCode copy and paste from Flickr test...

29629355461_1551b5ff07_n.jpgLEGO Rebrick Minifigure by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

EDIT:  Yup, it still works.  :classic:

Edited by dr_spock
post result of Flickr BBCode test

11 hours ago, Terrasher said:

How can I post pictures? (Posting the picture itself, not the link to the picture.)

Also, can I do this using imgur?

You can use the "insert media from URL" on the post, or you can just paste the URL into the message and the board will render the image for you.

7 hours ago, Rotundus said:

1 hour ago, dr_spock said:

BBCode copy and paste from Flickr test...

EDIT:  Yup, it still works.  :classic:

Even though the BBCode still works, it might best to use the non-BBCode method because with the the lack of support for BBCode (essentially deprecated), I would guess that one of the future upgrades will render it unusable all together.

Thanks dr_spock.  Although what Darkdragon says has me a little worried.  BBCode was an easy way to ensure proper copyright credits.  The implications of what was said means that all that will now have to be done manually (and carefully) to make sure it all done properly.

I am on the a for mentioned device and cannot access the top-right 'options' icon. It does the dimming screen but no menu drops down. Thanks for all your toil and trubles, tech-sorcerers!

12 hours ago, von Katfisch said:

I am on the a for mentioned device and cannot access the top-right 'options' icon. It does the dimming screen but no menu drops down. Thanks for all your toil and trubles, tech-sorcerers!

Have you tried scrolling the right or left? The menu comes up on the far right, you might need to just swipe-scroll for it.