How can i start a WIP Topic?

A WIP topic generally goes in the same sub from that you would post the finished MOC. People generally have the title of the topic starting with [WIP].

Do posts in the Community forum no longer contribute to your post count?

They stopped contributing to the count since the time of the one word at a time story threads in Community.

How can i start a WIP Topic?

To add a new topic, press the "Start new Topic" button (on the top of each forum). This may not be available for all forums. In forums where you cannot create a topic you will see "You cannot start a new topic" in place of the button.

Well, now i know you can create the topic. So, nevermind. :wink:

Edited by KamalMYafi

They stopped contributing to the count since...the One Word at a Time Story threads...

I figured. It just caught me off-guard when I noticed several members with post counts of 0 in the Bootleg thread... :look:

Can we resize an image from internet, actually? Because i've seen a BBCode for resizing, but the resizing doesn't works? The Code:

[img=800x600]Image URL[/img]

If I remember correctly, we disabled that because it doesn't actually resize the image, only the size at which it's displayed. The full size image still has to be loaded.

I keep retyping most of this post: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=139591 Because the top line says <p> and the bottom bit of the post keeps getting replaced with gibberish. I'm afraid to edit it again for feat the whole post will be gone. Please, can someone please tell me why this is happening?

Well, <p> is mean a paragraph. But i'm not see any gibberish in that topic.

Edited by KamalMYafi

Well, <p> is mean a paragraph. But i'm not see any gibberish in that topic.

That's because i keep fixing it.. this time it seems to have stayed legible!

I keep retyping most of this post: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=139591 Because the top line says <p> and the bottom bit of the post keeps getting replaced with gibberish. I'm afraid to edit it again for feat the whole post will be gone. Please, can someone please tell me why this is happening?

That happened to me a while back. What caused it?... At some point during the review/edit/review process I had used the "full editor" option. Then when I had saved my post it displayed not only my words, but all the coding as well. My solution?... I just don't use the full editor any more.

I removed it from your post in the basic editor without a problem.

I removed it from your post in the basic editor without a problem.

Thank you rick. I did that three times before giving up.... i guess I did so too early!

What caused it?...

Do you use Internet Explorer? It doesn't like the full editor very much.

Do you use Internet Explorer? It doesn't like the full editor very much.

No. I use Firefox on Windows 7. The problem first showed up when sending a PM. Since then I always skip the fancy code stuff and just use the simple editor. It works for me.

Edited by Rotundus

I was using the simple editor and the big editor, and i have Windows 10 with Google Chrome. I guess it was just a fluke! :shrug_oh_well:

No. I use Firefox on Windows 7. The problem first showed up when sending a PM. Since then I always skip the fancy code stuff and just use the simple editor. It works for me.

I occasionally get that error in Safari on Mac, only in PMs thankfully. It seems that if I haven't cleared the browser cache for a while, clearing it fixes the problem in the short term. I have no idea why though.

I'd like to go with Murdoch on this one and hope it was just a fluke... But its happened on four different browser platforms on 2 out of 3 major operating systems. This just might be a glitch in the board's software.

Edited by Rotundus

I'd like to go with Murdoch on this one and hope it was just a fluke... But its happened on four different browser platforms on 2 out of 3 major operating systems. This just might be a glitch in the board's software.

Unfortunately, I think you may be right... It just happened to me again, this time when trying to add spoiler tags to a post I had just made. From now on I avoid the preview post button.

It happened again, this time in messenger. I included the whole post, as it was just a conversation about an old model of mine:

<p>

ZeldaTheSwordsman, on 11 September 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

<br />

Alright. Fair warning, a lot of this falls under "Why did you mess with something that wasn't broken?"<br />

<br />

Well, the main thing would be the changes you made to the windows. First, the color. The brown you used suggests dark stained or painted wooden frames, and doesn't quite fit the look thus. The white the original set used is actually more appropriate to the kind of station the set is designed to be, from what I've seen - the frames are often white, or close to it, in the photos I've looked at. Second, on the original, the windows on the waiting room side are intended to represent tall windows broken up into several small panes. These are also a common sight on such stations. The redesign you did.. I'm not sure what you were going for. It looks like a messy attempt at arched windows, and lacks the appearance of being all one window.<br />

<br />

Then there's what you did to the platform. The position of the 2x4 slopes seems like it would create an excessive gap between the platform and the doors of carriages. Second, the railing curving around to block off the ends just plain makes no sense - there's nothing to indicate that some of that is supposed to be a gate, so what's the point? Finally, real platforms that high have a ramp on at least one end so that cargo and luggage and whatnot can be wheeled onto the platform.<br />

<br />

This is minor, but usually stations like that don't have a clock on the street side. They have a nameboard or the railroad's logo or a statue or something.<br />

<br />

I'm also curious as to why you got rid of the benches, lamps, planters, and cafe.<br />

<br />

Finally, why did you call the original 4554 a "stub-end" station?

</p>

<p> </p>

<p>This model is so out of date it's not funny, but here goes nothing. (Please note I fixed almost all your points in the second version from 2014 as see in here: <a href="http://www.moc-pages....php/386673</a>)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>1. I wanted the station, and I wanted to do it my way with a street side. The windows were the best I could come up with for the time.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>2. The platform was done as so because i was naive and couldn't think of a better way to do it, so i stole from set 7997.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>3. I replaced the 2x4's with 2x3 slopes.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>4. The benches, light poles and pizzeria has been re-added into the later version.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>5. The stub end was referring to the MOC I saw of the station, not the set.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hope this helps!</p>

With new upgrade apparently my profile picture is gone and I don't remember how to put it back. Please help, thank you.

23 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

With new upgrade apparently my profile picture is gone and I don't remember how to put it back. Please help, thank you.

Go to your profile. Either click your own profile pic / username from this post or access the link from the upper right corner with your profile pic and username -> profile.

On your profile page, click at the profile photo icon at the lower left corner of your empty profile picture (don't click at the profile pic itself) - this will prompt you to upload new photo or import from URL.

4 hours ago, Vanocean117 said:

Can we practing post new topic in the new members section?

No, thank you.

That section of the forums is designed to be easily navigable by new members and new topics will clutter that section needlessly. If it has been enabled with the upgrade than I shall be asking the Admins to remove that function as part of their sorting-out. Any new topics posted there in the meantime will be removed, and deliberate offenders may suffer dire consequences. 

I think there are some issues with the search bar, so I'm posting here : is there any topic to identify a specific Lego piece? Thank you.