I encountered a problem editing my "About Me" page - mainly that it doesn't allow me to edit it.

I got the following message:

Help?

I think it is requiring a URL to be entered for one of the websites. I forget what exactly I did to get it to work, but I think I had to enter a bogus URL for one of the websites if I wanted to save it, then I edited it to remove it.

Edited by m0dulo

Hi, I'm trying to post a new MOC topic, but when I'm finished with editing and then click the "post new topic" button, I get a pink banner saying: You must enter a post.

What, am I doing wrong or am I violating something.

Picture sizes should be OK, is there a problem in numbers. I haven't found photo number restriction. I'd like to post 25 photos if that's OK, also there are some links to url's as sources for my MOC.This would be my second new topic, haven't had any problems on posting my first one.

Thanks for reply.

EDIT: Solved it, links in my text were the trouble makers I guess :pir-cry_happy:

Edited by MajklSpajkl

You'd have to upload the pictures to an image hosting service (e.g., flickr) and then link to them in your post (see this thread for a tutorial on how to do it for flickr).

I get this message: ou are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.i

Is this because I´m trying to use my local LUG´s homepage as a image host service? (for exampel: http://www.swebrick.se/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6566.0;attach=25023;image ) Do I have to use flickr to be able to show you guys my MOC´s?

Is this because I´m trying to use my local LUG´s homepage as a image host service? (for exampel: http://www.swebrick.se/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6566.0;attach=25023;image ) Do I have to use flickr to be able to show you guys my MOC´s?

It's not because you're using your LUG's site for hosting pictures. It is because your LUG seems to use a PHP script to serve the image. Simply put, the URL should end in ".jpg", ".png", etc.

I encountered a problem editing my "About Me" page - mainly that it doesn't allow me to edit it.

I got the following message:

Help?

Any fix/news for this?

I'm trying to upload the following "https://farm6.static...93d2b7737_o.png" to my 'about me' page but I get the same message as Sandy. So far as I can tell, the link is good, the file name is good and the picture actually shows up in the preview window but when I click 'save' it gives me the message; I must have tried 15 times over the last 3 weeks to add this pic to my page.

Edited by Piratedave84

I don't understand how I can post pictures in my comments. When I try to add a picture, it asks for an URL or it shows an emptu gallery.

Is it possible to add a picture directly from my computer ? :look:

You have to store the image somewhere online (flickr, brickshelf, ...) and than use the url of the image from that site.

EB does not allow you to store images apart from your avatar.

You have to store the image somewhere online (flickr, brickshelf, ...) and than use the url of the image from that site.

EB does not allow you to store images apart from your avatar.

Thank you for your help MstrOfPppts :sweet:

I don't understand how I can post pictures in my comments. When I try to add a picture, it asks for an URL or it shows an emptu gallery.

Is it possible to add a picture directly from my computer ? :look:

Here is a tutorial on how to use flickr with Eurobricks written by Pandora.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=97921

so ... being tired of not being able to update my page I did a "select all" and attempted to delete everything hoping to start a new page; low and behold, same message as before.

Now this is weird and glitchy because the page is supposed to be blank, nothing, no link, no pics, no nothing.

I would really appreciate some input regarding this.

so ... being tired of not being able to update my page I did a "select all" and attempted to delete everything hoping to start a new page; low and behold, same message as before.

Now this is weird and glitchy because the page is supposed to be blank, nothing, no link, no pics, no nothing.

I would really appreciate some input regarding this.

This happened to another member a couple weeks ago, and Boney found a solution. Does it work for you now?

This happened to another member a couple weeks ago, and Boney found a solution. Does it work for you now?

Yes it does!!!

Thank you so much!

I have a strange problem going on. Whenever I try to respond to a thread, I end up with letters, punctuation nd saces getting dropped as I type. Also, I don't semto b abl to coy adpast. I'm not sure if it's my rowser, latp,r something onth site. I aven't tested this n a different compute tha should be a god place to start.

I have a strange problem going on. Whenever I try to respond to a thread, I end up with letters, punctuation and spaces getting dropped as I type (see above for an example). Also, I don't seem to be able to copy and paste (which sucks when needing to link a image, etc.). I'm not sure if it's my browser, laptop or something on this site. I haven't tested this on a different computer, that should be a good place to start.

I had that same problem. Are you using IE? Because for me it only worked well when using html mode. So I'm using Chrome instead now.

Yes, I am using IE. Unfortunately, I don't get a choice, as it's my work computer, and I don't have administrative rights. :(

I'm not using Internet Explorer actively myself, but people have mentioned IE's "Compatibility View" solves some of the issues they're experiencing.

I think I have an old account, what should I do?

Who'd be able to help me find out what it was, especially if I don't have access to the e-mail I used when I signed up... Should I send a PM to someone?

I just looked into an old thread and the deja vu is practically killing me! All these user names and posts from 6-8 years ago!

how do i make so it views under my comments what character im playing with?

I am guessing you want to have a photo of your Heroica Character?

When editing your signature there should be an option to insert an image. Simply upload your character picture to an image host, copy the URL of the image and when editing your signature information click the image icon and paste the URL into the box provided. OK that and then save the changes to your sig and you should have an image.

There are certain limits to signature size depending on user group, but you should be able to have a picture there.

I think I have an old account, what should I do?

Who'd be able to help me find out what it was, especially if I don't have access to the e-mail I used when I signed up... Should I send a PM to someone?

I just looked into an old thread and the deja vu is practically killing me! All these user names and posts from 6-8 years ago!

I will have a look and share this with Admin to see if they can find anything. Do you have any notions as to your old username at all?

Or were you simple a dedicated 'guest' browser at the time and recall discussions and usernames from then?

Hard to say... I was having a CRAZY amount of Deja Vu last night that lasted for several hours and was not limited to what I was reading on this site...

And everything I looked at, like old user profiles, typing set numbers from BL, wikipedia articles I'd actually searched for hours earlier but not looked at yet, googled images, things people said at my house, my movements, and more was doing it... It actually got more than a little scary.

Can someone search the member DB for my old e-mail addresses? I have a theory which account here may have been mine, and it hasn't been on since 2008... I can't even see it's old posts that far back.

Edited by rollermonkey

Whenever I try to post an image from google images, when I add the url in the image dialogue box, it won't let me click 'ok', or indeed cancel. I have to refresh the page entirely. How do I post an image I've found online?

On a similar note, can't copy and paste in photos from my computer, it just prints an incredibly long URL for them, instead of displaying them in image format. What am I doing wrong.

I also can't figure out how to turn some text I've written into a link. Any help is appreciated :)

Whenever I try to post an image from google images, when I add the url in the image dialogue box, it won't let me click 'ok', or indeed cancel. I have to refresh the page entirely. How do I post an image I've found online?

On a similar note, can't copy and paste in photos from my computer, it just prints an incredibly long URL for them, instead of displaying them in image format. What am I doing wrong.

I also can't figure out how to turn some text I've written into a link. Any help is appreciated :)

IE sometimes has issues with the forum software, so if that is your browser, my condolences, and compatibility mode can help.

Also, do you post your images from a web host? We do not host photos for members so flickr and others are the best place to upload your pictures before posting.

To make a link, type the text you want to make the link, highlight it and then open the hyperlink dialogue box. Once you are done pasting in the URL and OK the action, it will turn the text into a link.

I sent you a PM, Peppermint, although it might take an Admin to do the type of search I'm asking about.

Edited by rollermonkey