MKJoshA

May 2017: Star Wars Thrawn Contest

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, naugem said:

Any chance at an extension for this contest?

There's still a few days left, and we might see a flood of entries at the last moment, but it doesn't seem to have captured much attention so far, which is really a shame, as the theme is quite cool and the prizes are nice.

Well, if anyone needs an extension can you post a comment here so I can know if that would help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

Well, if anyone needs an extension can you post a comment here so I can know if that would help?

Well, it would help me :classic:

I have ideas for both builds and the text, but when I found out about the contest it was already halfway through. Anyway, considering that 2 builds are required for this one, I think some extra time would definitely help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well my entry is just about finished... Should have it posted over the weekend (just need to take the pics and write the background story!!) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind building either but the minimum size is going to be a problem because of other projects. If we only have one or two entries, maybe a 2 week extension and dropping the size requirements could help. If prizes won't be rewarded without 10 entries, I don't see the harm in easing the barriers to entry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, naugem said:

Well, it would help me :classic:

I have ideas for both builds and the text, but when I found out about the contest it was already halfway through. Anyway, considering that 2 builds are required for this one, I think some extra time would definitely help.

 

20 hours ago, greg3 said:

Well my entry is just about finished... Should have it posted over the weekend (just need to take the pics and write the background story!!) 

 

19 hours ago, goatman461 said:

I wouldn't mind building either but the minimum size is going to be a problem because of other projects. If we only have one or two entries, maybe a 2 week extension and dropping the size requirements could help. If prizes won't be rewarded without 10 entries, I don't see the harm in easing the barriers to entry

Alright, the deadline is extended! New deadline is June 17th, just in time for Brickworld Chicago, Father's Day, and my anniversary :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Graham Gidman said:

Glad there's an extension. I'd also suggest getting this thing on the frontpage. Gotta get let the people know! :wink:

It will be there sometime later today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like a missed opportunity not calling this a Thrawntest....

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2017 at 1:05 PM, MKJoshA said:

Alright, the deadline is extended! New deadline is June 17th, just in time for Brickworld Chicago, Father's Day, and my anniversary :grin:

That's great news!

I did some good progress this weekend, but it will definitely help to have some extra weekends to improve the builds :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LEGORACER1 said:

I'm not sure if the rules say but can you use some blue mini figure if you don't have Thrawn.

The rules say you can get creative when you don't own the Thrawn minifig. So using a blue minifig, possibly only shooting it from the back to hide the wrong decorations, would definitely be allowed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent! I've been working hard on my entry, but I could use some more time, so I appreciate the extension as well.  One month to complete two large MOCs is simply not enough, at least for me. Looking forward to see what everyone comes up with.

By the way, I didn't see anything about scale in the rules, so I assume any scale is allowed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Oky said:

Excellent! I've been working hard on my entry, but I could use some more time, so I appreciate the extension as well.  One month to complete two large MOCs is simply not enough, at least for me. Looking forward to see what everyone comes up with.

By the way, I didn't see anything about scale in the rules, so I assume any scale is allowed?

Yes, any scale is allowed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the extension. I don't know if I will build something, but I thought that it was a great contest concept to begin with, but the deadline was way too close with the Nar Eurbrikka deadline for me to even consider entering. Now, it's different. I might give it a shot when Episode XV is finished!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't get over how clever this contest is! Though I calculate 0 % chance of winning, I'll try my best to participate:
a) One reason being, that I'd like to increase the attendance numbers
b) a creative idea like this just has to be supported! Props to whoever came up with this idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cody Startale said:

Thanks for the extension. I don't know if I will build something, but I thought that it was a great contest concept to begin with, but the deadline was way too close with the Nar Eurbrikka deadline for me to even consider entering. Now, it's different. I might give it a shot when Episode XV is finished!

Glad to hear you are planning on participating! I didn't think the two deadlines being near each other would hinder participation, but I'm glad we've resolved it anyway. I'll have to remember that next May.

13 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I can't get over how clever this contest is! Though I calculate 0 % chance of winning, I'll try my best to participate:
a) One reason being, that I'd like to increase the attendance numbers
b) a creative idea like this just has to be supported! Props to whoever came up with this idea!

Glad you like it! I hope you do enter!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Darth Stripy said:

Where do we post our entries? Can we use ldd? 

You can use LDD. Just start a new topic in Watto's Junkyard and post a link of it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Thebeeze111 said:

I hate to be "that guy" but is there a time frame / legends or canon setting at all?

 

No need to fit it in a certain canon. You should keep the MOCs based on either the old (Thrawn around after Ep 6) or the new canon (Thrawn around during Rebels). So no placing Thrawn with Clones. But other than that you have free reign!

6 hours ago, Darth Stripy said:

how to upload more pics. i tried uploading 9 but the limit keeps me from uploading

 

You need to use a site other than Eurobricks to host your pictures. You can't upload more than a couple pictures on this site. I recommend using Flickr. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.