MKJoshA

May 2017: Star Wars Thrawn Contest

11 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

7 entries. Can y'all extend the deadline again? :snicker:

I don't think I have the time to join before the current deadline, sorry. Also I think the Anthology contests should be unpinned?

I think it's more then 7? I counted like 8-9.

13 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

7 entries. Can y'all extend the deadline again? :snicker:

I don't think I have the time to join before the current deadline, sorry. Also I think the Anthology contests should be unpinned?

Hmmm, I thought I had already unpinned them. My mistake! As for a deadline extension. No, I'm sorry! The deadline stays!

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

As for a deadline extension. No, I'm sorry! The deadline stays!

I could attempt a second build if you'll allow it. :laugh: Probably going to be stuck home for the weekend sick. 

Edited by Thebeeze111

Hopefully some others who expressed interest in the beginning have an entry they are waiting to post. I'm kinda surprised the contest hasn't had more entries. I looked at the last contest and per category it only had a little over ten.

18 hours ago, dulsi said:

Hopefully some others who expressed interest in the beginning have an entry they are waiting to post. I'm kinda surprised the contest hasn't had more entries. I looked at the last contest and per category it only had a little over ten.

Thrawn or Rebels are not that popular, compared to stuff like TFA. Next thing, you need a story and enough plates to make a big enough MOC.

I've yet to extend my Thrawn office to reach enough studs and find a suitable background for both MOC's. So if everything goes according to my plans I should post my entry in 7-10 hours.

THE FORCE IS STRONG IN THIS CONTEST. GOOD LUCK FELLOW PARTICIPANTS!

:wink:

Edited by Darth Stripy

Ok bad news

I've underestimated how much parts you need for the MOC's. So I've run out of plates.. I'll try my best to "cover it up" somehow, but truth be told I rather bend some rules instead of using wrong colours. Hope that'll still be acceptable.

6 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Ok bad news

I've underestimated how much parts you need for the MOC's. So I've run out of plates.. I'll try my best to "cover it up" somehow, but truth be told I rather bend some rules instead of using wrong colours. Hope that'll still be acceptable.

Do your best! Just don't break the rules!

20 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Do your best! Just don't break the rules!

I'll post in 10-15 minutes. Well I did my best, hope it's enough..

My entry!
Explanation for some obscure choices is at the bottom. Hope you'll enjoy it, but in anycase this was a lot of fun :tongue:

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

Looks like y'all made 10 entries, so I won't bother throwing a minifig on a 32x baseplate. Here's what I put together for the art build...

Great work everyone! Give me a day or two and I'll get a judging thread up.

18 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Great work everyone! Give me a day or two and I'll get a judging thread up.

OK! I"ll be waiting

If nothing else, this contest should serve as a benchmark for the number of different ways one can build an Imperial Leader's Chair.... hahaha. I've been looking at all the different ways each of us did it.