Lukemax

Image Uploading / Posting

I don't see how, if you can post, that you can't put a URL in IMG tags.

Okay, must be my browser. Could that be it? Still is not working for me but I am on a computer with lots of filters. I will try when I am home on my own computer.

I was running into the exact same issue. Copy/pasted the BBC Code (flickr) and working great now.

Edited by AirborneAFOL

What exactly are you allowed to upload? Is it allowed to have someone holding a gun (like a sub machine gun) but just holding it and not firing it? Is it ok if said picture was a drawing and not a real photo? And I am assuming that this image must be related to Lego, unless it's in the off topic section.

And, what would make a photo not okay to upload in general?

What exactly are you allowed to upload? Is it allowed to have someone holding a gun (like a sub machine gun) but just holding it and not firing it? Is it ok if said picture was a drawing and not a real photo? And I am assuming that this image must be related to Lego, unless it's in the off topic section.

And, what would make a photo not okay to upload in general?

Images: Don't post images that are over 1,024 x 768 (or 768 x 1,024 for pictures with a portrait orientation) or are LEGO confidential. Images rarely need to be over 800 x 600, and any that are over 1MB (including GIFs) are not allowed unless there is admin approval. BMPs are never allowed. Avatar images should be 100 x 100 (and under 20k if hosted on EB), and may not be more than 400 x 400 (and 100k, even if hosted remotely). No animated GIFs are to be used as avatars. Before registering, please familiarize yourself with these tutorials to learn how to reduce your own images. Also, when quoting, don't quote images unless it is specifically needed. This just fills up posts with repeat images for no reason.

If you find an image of a new LEGO set and it is incredibly blurry or stamped "Confidential", it is a leak-please don't post it here. If you are uncertain, PM a member of the staff for guidance and include a link to the questionable material.

So, it doesn't matter what you post as long as it meets the requirements of size and isn't Lego confidential, correct?

Yes, it does matter. This is not an image board or a chat room. It is a forum to discuss and appreciate LEGO products. So, the images posted in the forum should be LEGO related, those images that are not of LEGO are ususally the real life item that a MOC is based upon.

The community section is the area for non LEGO related things.

Please let me know how I would get my MOC photos down to 10.24 KB. I can't seem to find a way to do this. I have seen awesome people post their MOCS here. I can't seem to get it to the file size.  Thank you for taking the time to read my post. :classic:

Edited by legostarwars1425

Are you using a photo sharing site such as flickr?  If so, would you link to one of your photos please?

Isn't he trying to do is attach the picture right here in EB using the attachment function in the forum post?

@legostarwars1425 you should host your pictures in Flickr or any similar picture hosting sites. Then you can insert (embed) the picture in your post.

I uploaded my first picture to the forum the other day and within the reply field, there is the blue bar under the text box, It shows a paperclip and gives the option to upload a file.  I don't even see an upload file option now, it disappeared. all I get is the insert other media tab, I click that and all I can do is upload from an url or current thumbnails. (How do I delete these too?) I attempted to set up a brickshelf account so I can upload pictures but for some reason, Brickshelf is not sending me the confirmation email to join, so I am stuck.

Any help would be nice as to where my upload paperclip went within the reply field and how do I delete what is in "the existing attachment" tab?

Thanks for your time.

Hi Rooneypower,

The paperclip/upload option on Eurobricks that you're talking about is only for very small images to be used in your signature line here on the board.  You only get 100K total, so even 1 regular image probably pushed you to the limit of available space.  For sharing photos of MOCs, etc., you'll want to use a 3rd party service and I think most folks would recommend Flickr.

Here's a tutorial on linking/embedding Flickr images in your posts: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/97921-flickr-tutorial/

When I try to upload pictures, the notification says that I can only upload up to 20.48 kb.

And whenever I upload pictures it gets smaller and smaller.

What's happening to me?

I'm currently working on an moc, and I would like to upload wip pictures but I can't because of this.

Please help me!

@move5 Eurobricks is not an image hosting site, so your limit is very small for things like a profile picture or some small images on your profile page.  You will need to make an account with a separate image hosting site and deeplink images from there to your Eurobricks posts.

Flickr and Brickshelf seem to be common hosting sites for Eurobricks users.

See the middle of this post for information about deeplinking from these sites:

@Slegengr Thanks for your help!

So, if I upload to brickshelf and then embed it to eurobricks, does the image come out automatically?

Yes but you have to make sure that they are the right size. I use bricksafe myself. If you go the the guidlines of EB you can read al about it. Good luck, and looking forward to see your build..

29 minutes ago, move5 said:

So, if I upload to brickshelf and then embed it to eurobricks, does the image come out automatically?

See the linked post in my earlier response.  It includes a tutorial on how to deeplink from Brickshelf or Flickr so that the image shows in the Eurobricks post.

You only have a tiny amount of storage on Eurobricks (1MB), you have to use a file hosting website to store your photos - I use, and would highly recommend Bricksafe, where you get 10GB of storage!

28 minutes ago, move5 said:

Yes, but you would have to resize it (to 800px wide) to meet the guidelines. Bricksafe has the option of selecting a pre-resized photo (link) - which would automatically embed the correctly sized photo when you paste it into your post

So I added a photo to a thread. Made sure it was under 102.4kb in length. Worked fine.

Tried to add another post, but it wouldn't let me upload the image. This was because it was trying to append it to the previous post :/

Got someone to add a post to break the two up. Tried to add the image, now it comes up with this:

"There was a problem processing the uploaded file. Please contact us for assistance."

Some program was used on both image, same time etc. I even tried saving it out in Photoshop. Same error.

What do I need to do to actually upload an image past my first ever one on this site?

Thanks!

Hi Ankoku & Great Ball Pit  -  Eurobricks is not for hosting images. That small 100k of local storage is for your profile picture and potentially small images/icons used in your board signature.  To post images in topics/comments, you want to use a 3rd party host like Flickr and deep-link the images.  Here's a tutorial on that:

You will need to fine a picture host site to put the photos on, then deep link the pictures here. Some sites can automatically adjust the picture resolution (so they won't be to big for the site).