Hi everybody!

It's been a while since i posted anything...
I've been building some buggys and some 4x4 but at the end, i was always unhappy with the fact that it was something i've already done in the past... so i took em apart.
At some point i was: you know what? i'll get into RC bikes wich is something that technic comunity lacks more or less.
So after some prototypes that didn't really work i've finally made a decent one.
For now it's only a chassis but it goes straight and can lean left and right.

To be honest i haven't had the chance to test it properly as it goes really fast and my appartment is too small, plus it has some kind of marble as a floor so it's kinda slippery 

i believe once i'll be able to test it properly i'll shoot a video of it. in the meanwhile if anybody wants to give it a go here are some pics so you can reverse engineer it :)
I hope you'll like it!

rbw7td.jpg

6zvdib.jpg

ix8rd4.jpg

iblv28.jpg

Looking forward to see the video. Hope the test will prove the concept right. Pictures are promising. Good luck. :sweet:

wait, you're saying that this thing is RC? This is amazing! I have never seen an RC LEGO motorbike that can stay upright! Looking forward to the video!

RC bike? Well that's something new and a buggy motor for drive. Might be too fast :laugh:. (A question) does it balance well ? If it does ill be looking forward to the video.

here's a little test video just as a proof of concept... the bike stays up and does some kind of burnout on the floor as well xD

the steering is really sensitive but i don't know how much it depends on the slippery surface

if i dismount the chain and throw it straight even if it goes slowly it stays up due to the way the steering system is done.
the pivot point is mounted 1 stud forward so while going straight it balances itself...the little rack moves the handlebar left and right but when it's in neutral position the handlebar has some free degrees to move freely

Edited by piterx

Nice project! I love seeing LEGO RC motorcycles. I personally have made a few with varying amount of success. My most successful one actually had a freely moving front axle (nothing was connect to the steering). Instead to lean the bike, I used a weight which moved from the middle to the right or left. Shameless plug: 

But I have to give credit to the original genius, Slewentogzz. He has made the best Lego RC motorcycle to date.

Good luck!