[The Secret of the 8 Provinces - Prelude]

33569013123_11ed1150f7_z.jpg

"Well, thanks for bringing me that exquisite Norwegian Blue.

I cannot say how happy I am to be in the possession of such a fine parrot. My previous one has gone to meet its maker.

How can I return your favour, Lady De Summer?"

33537404354_61e2f3a63d_z.jpg

"My dear Captain, a good story would do. How, for instance, did you acquire your new ship?"

"The Delight?"

"Yes, Captain."

33569010493_6d4ca30e5e_c.jpg

"Well, Mylady, you might remember that infamous poker night in the Red Herring."

"You mean the night, when that strange Marquis from Olean won such a lot of gold? I have heard rumours about that.
Some people said something about the true identity of the Marquis. Like that he was actually from Mardier."

30697180512_121ccaf7f6_c.jpg

"Well, it was a fantastic night because after he had won so much  I challenged the Marquis for a final round..."

34338011026_44cd3d8e5d_z.jpg

"... it was tough.  The Marquis had three of a kind - but I beat him with a full house.

And as I had already won all of his gold, he offered me his ship.

He said, she would be a fine, seaworthy lady, she would just need some minor repairs of the sails."

33569363833_4a8f6c5a3d_c.jpg

33995004290_b3a2b0acb3_c.jpg

"And I thought 'never look a gift horse in the mouth'."

34248714731_9915f9c5fa_z.jpg

"This ship is making me immensly proud. Every detail is golden."

"And the cabin is impressive too", Lady De Summer replied.

33995006660_e12d1bc8eb_c.jpg

"And so I named her 'Cookie's Delight'"

"Fabulous, fabulous.   I have another question, my dear Captain."

"Out with it!"

34248412381_a456e93c26_z.jpg

"This model of  a reddish ship..."

"The 8 Provinces?"

"Yes, Captain, where and how did you get it?"

"Oh, Mylady, that is a longer story. And more exciting."

"I am all ears."

[End of prelude]

I am starting a new storyline here. And I managed to turn the "Silent Mary" into something more operable... :pir-grin:

C&C welcome!

Nice story... The ship seems very bulky... nearly steampunk with the strong rear castle, but this is a good MOD of the "silent mary" (A big big flute (5T)) maybe a little bit more length with an extra 95227 part on the bottom...

Remind me of the swedish "Vasa"... beware of strong wind Captain Braunsfeld !!

PS : I like the red microship

Edited by Professor Thaum

Really like what you've done with the Silent Mary, the castle-style turrets are so whimsical!  It looks like it would have a hard time staying afloat, but must be lots of fun to play with! :pir-grin:

I was wondering who would be the first here to turn the Silent Mary into a more sea-worthy vessel, at least at the waterline. Congrats on your new ship!

That Marquis looks familiar. Hmmm....  :pir-grin:  Love it!

But from what I hear, I'd be careful around Lady DeSummer.

And we get the beginning of a new story from the Captain. Hoo-ray!!!! I'll get the popcorn! :thumbup:

Ahahahahaha! Never look a gifted horse's teeth :tongue: One can do with whatever fate brings him

Great ship! This is the ship the TLG should have given us. Now I'm gonna to buy one of these and do exactly the same as you, Very well done, Captain Braunsfeld.

Yes, this works super!!! Great job :D

My only remark is that you should have added at least 2 more midsections to make it look smoother and less cramped.

3 hours ago, Maxim I said:

My only remark is that you should have added at least 2 more midsections to make it look smoother and less cramped.

Exactly !! that's what I meant with adding an extra 95227 part.

On 1.5.2017 at 2:46 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Nice story... The ship seems very bulky... nearly steampunk with the strong rear castle, but this is a good MOD of the "silent mary" (A big big flute (5T)) maybe a little bit more length with an extra 95227 part on the bottom...

Remind me of the swedish "Vasa"... beware of strong wind Captain Braunsfeld !!

PS : I like the red microship

:pir_laugh2:  why would a ship with stone towers be afraid of strong winds? :pir-laugh:

And, yes, the ship could be slightly longer. I do not have the hull pieces at this point in time... :pir-cry_sad:

And there will be more about the red microship.

On 1.5.2017 at 4:22 PM, Kai NRG said:

Really like what you've done with the Silent Mary, the castle-style turrets are so whimsical!  It looks like it would have a hard time staying afloat, but must be lots of fun to play with! :pir-grin:

Thanks - yes, fun to play with.  Captain Cookie is delighted.. I mean happy.

On 1.5.2017 at 4:30 PM, Capt Wolf said:

I was wondering who would be the first here to turn the Silent Mary into a more sea-worthy vessel, at least at the waterline. Congrats on your new ship!

That Marquis looks familiar. Hmmm....  :pir-grin:  Love it!

But from what I hear, I'd be careful around Lady DeSummer.

And we get the beginning of a new story from the Captain. Hoo-ray!!!! I'll get the popcorn! :thumbup:

:sweet: Thank you.

Good that there is nothing like hightened expectations.... and no pressure on my side :pir-cry_sad:

On 1.5.2017 at 4:35 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Ahahahahaha! Never look a gifted horse's teeth :tongue: One can do with whatever fate brings him

That go me slightly confused... I thought I had used the right proverb.  I guess that saying is used differently in Greece...:pir-grin:

On 2.5.2017 at 7:36 AM, Bodi said:

Great ship! This is the ship the TLG should have given us. Now I'm gonna to buy one of these and do exactly the same as you, Very well done, Captain Braunsfeld.

Please go ahead!

I'd be interested to see that sistership!

On 3.5.2017 at 10:09 AM, Maxim I said:

Thank you - and with your eye for good ship design you have spotted the weakness in length.

As mentioned above - right now I don't have the hull pieces (and it doesn't look to good to improvise with brown slopes)

The whole ship is a bit over the top (and too top-heavy) but that is just right for Captain Cookie!

:pir-laugh:

8 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Please go ahead!

I'd be interested to see that sistership!

Grant me some time please, my budget is a little bit low this month (just smashed an Audi yesterday:pir-grin:). Meanwhile I'll see if I can work out something similar with my current stock, judging by your picture, I think I have all the pieces I need.:pir_laugh2:

On Sat May 06 2017 at 6:52 AM, Bodi said:

Grant me some time please, my budget is a little bit low this month (just smashed an Audi yesterday:pir-grin:). Meanwhile I'll see if I can work out something similar with my current stock, judging by your picture, I think I have all the pieces I need.:pir_laugh2:

No pressure.

Take your time.

And the set is certainly not one of the cheapest.... In fact out feels a like overpriced  :pir-sceptic: