Henjin_Quilones

Book II, Challenge V, Category C: Historica United

*huh* Truly stunning work with every build here, Henjin, and the story is ties it all together beautifully! The Battle of Historica, Chamber of the Necromancer, and the Throne-room are possibly my favorites, but all of them are executed very well. I especially like all the vignettes built in various member's styles. :wub:

Overall a fantastic series of builds that I will be coming back to for inspiration, I'm sure :thumbup:

Wow, you have been busy this year! I feel terrible just now commenting on this epic combination of builds and story, but it deserves a delay no longer. It's far too rare in GoH to see so much effort put into the story and illustrating it. The collection of builds are outstanding. Each one has a unique flavor and expertly carries the story along. Even the small builds, such as the individual meetings with the Guild masters, are nicely built and include a lovely array of details.

Some of my favorite details are the Mitgardian flag in the MOC with Fin of Terydian. The eagle is amazing and the posing is fantastic. The array of flora in the Battle of Green Leaf Pass, combined with the dark bley rockwork, is quite lovely. And the fact that you can combine the four battle scenes into one epic diorama? Magnificent idea, very well done! I love the throne room too and the various (and false) helms from which Raavage must choose.

I love to see Anfauglir commanding from the front - something he's desired to do since leaving his men in the Panjshir Valley to help lead the Resistance along with Lord Vladivus and the other commanders of Free Nocturnus. The end of Raavage is brilliantly set up and executed. Although, seeing him like this, I'm actually a little sad to see him gone. I always found him to be a misunderstood creature. Brutal and bloodthirsty, no doubt, but endearing and amusing in his own way at times.

I love the idea of a Queen ruling Cedrica - a nice change, I think! I thoroughly enjoyed your combination of new and old lore, adding fresh elements to the overall mythos while keeping it grounded in the challenge and overall lore. Not an easy task, but one you did exceptionally well.

I really love the end celebration, such a fun and tidy way to wrap up this amazing story and challenge. Though, with Anfauglir's absence from this festival, I worry he met his untimely end at some point during the conflict!:cry_sad:

But seriously, I'm so glad you enjoyed GoH. You seem to have flourished here and it's this kind of spirit which will help GoH grow and attract more members. Bravo, good sir!

Edited by MassEditor

On 6/1/2017 at 3:04 PM, Retroshift said:

Just wow, speechless

Thanks, glad you like it!

On 6/4/2017 at 7:30 PM, Mpyromaxos said:

Very nice scene! I like the combination of dark brown tan and gold! It feets very good!

Thanks, Mpyromaxos! I hope to keep using the colors for the elvish kingdom of Hesperia. 

On 6/5/2017 at 3:08 PM, Exetrius said:

How come I didn't catch this the first time I read this? :laugh:

It's easy to miss stuff in long posts like this...

On 6/22/2017 at 8:20 AM, LittleJohn said:

*huh* Truly stunning work with every build here, Henjin, and the story is ties it all together beautifully! The Battle of Historica, Chamber of the Necromancer, and the Throne-room are possibly my favorites, but all of them are executed very well. I especially like all the vignettes built in various member's styles. :wub:

Overall a fantastic series of builds that I will be coming back to for inspiration, I'm sure :thumbup:

Thanks, LJ! Hope you liked the presentation of Aymeri. 

4 hours ago, MassEditor said:

Wow, you have been busy this year! I feel terrible just now commenting on this epic combination of builds and story, but it deserves a delay no longer. It's far too rare in GoH to see so much effort put into the story and illustrating it. The collection of builds are outstanding. Each one has a unique flavor and expertly carries the story along. Even the small builds, such as the individual meetings with the Guild masters, are nicely built and include a lovely array of details.

Some of my favorite details are the Mitgardian flag in the MOC with Fin of Terydian. The eagle is amazing and the posing is fantastic. The array of flora in the Battle of Green Leaf Pass, combined with the dark bley rockwork, is quite lovely. And the fact that you can combine the four battle scenes into one epic diorama? Magnificent idea, very well done! I love the throne room too and the various (and false) helms from which Raavage must choose.

I love to see Anfauglir commanding from the front - something he's desired to do since leaving his men in the Panjshir Valley to help lead the Resistance along with Lord Vladivus and the other commanders of Free Nocturnus. The end of Raavage is brilliantly set up and executed. Although, seeing him like this, I'm actually a little sad to see him gone. I always found him to be a misunderstood creature. Brutal and bloodthirsty, no doubt, but endearing and amusing in his own way at times.

I love the idea of a Queen ruling Cedrica - a nice change, I think! I thoroughly enjoyed your combination of new and old lore, adding fresh elements to the overall mythos while keeping it grounded in the challenge and overall lore. Not an easy task, but one you did exceptionally well.

I really love the end celebration, such a fun and tidy way to wrap up this amazing story and challenge. Though, with Anfauglir's absence from this festival, I worry he met his untimely end at some point during the conflict!:cry_sad:

But seriously, I'm so glad you enjoyed GoH. You seem to have flourished here and it's this kind of spirit which will help GoH grow and attract more members. Bravo, good sir!

Wow, thanks, ME! I am glad you like it. Anfauglir was there, but only his back was visible in the overview shot, and was not in the close ups due to his position. Here he is, safe and sound:

34370963295_20b7e33f9e_z.jpg

Your praise is very encouraging to me, and I am happy to receive it. Raavage was a fun villain, and I finally have all of the pieces to make him. Perhaps he'll get resurrected by some necromancer in the future...

I only just realised that Hassan was in this series of builds in the battle and the meeting at the end! It mat sound really cheezy but I am quite touched to be included in such a great series of builds and the good story. It does lead on well for future reconstruction and a storyline where the new young queen must play off different suitors and her own desires against each other to balance the power.

Great stuff.