Sign in to follow this  

Good Day. I present to you my biggest MOC ever - a futuristic dakar truck. This is a project I have started back in February to make it in time to the arrrival of BuWizz , or that is what I had planned. 
For propulsion it is using only one buggy motor , what isn't the best idea because the motor ends overheating. But it is possible to install a second buggy motor with a bit of chassis re-design. To fill a bit the huge truck, I installed a X16 engine- courtesy of ZBLJ. The steering uses 1x m-motor , without any return-to-center mechanism thanks to the precise control with the BuWizz brick. 
The outside design was heavily inspired by 00's sets ( specially 8466) , and I included gull-wing doors with mini linear actuators . m-motors can be installed easily to motorize that function too, but I used two knobs on top of the cabin . The interior was kept simple - two bucket seats and a dashboard.
I already shoot some footage , so a video will come soon. For now , here are some photos.

640x360.jpg 
640x360.jpg 
640x360.jpg 
640x360.jpg 
640x360.jpg 
640x360.jpg 
640x360.jpg 
640x360.jpg 
640x360.jpg 
640x360.jpg 

34362087065_12692cf94d_z.jpg2017-04-30_05-28-06 by Alaxaf, on Flickr

Edited by LXF

16 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Cool, I like how you always manage to incorporate the old style panels with newer parts and still make it look great! Excited for a video.

Thanks, video is up 

13 hours ago, andrei117 said:

Can we get a better look at that X16? It looks really good! 

Sure, here and here design is courtesy of ZBLJ , I just changed the mounting points for my MOC

2 hours ago, Jurss said:

Looks more like some cosmic truck from '80.

I guess I succeded on this MOC intention then :classic:

Well isn't this quite the rugged truck! Moves quite quickly too for the size of it, nicely done. I have to ask though what are you using for the rear cover? 

Edited by DugaldIC

16 minutes ago, DugaldIC said:

Well isn't this quite the rugged truck! Moves quite quickly too for the size of it, nicely done. I have to ask though what are you using for the rear cover? 

Thanks, I used a promotional drawstring bag I had lying around, after some cutting and sewing a cover was born. The color is a bit dull, but it is better than I expected. I recommend burning the holes instead of cutting , that way the material doesn't start to "dissasemble" into strings 

Apparently mine is from here

Edited by LXF