Robert8

What is the story behind your profile picture?

Anonknee Muss (not on eurobricks) made a sig fig of me and took a photo of it for me (if you look closely you can see her/his watermark :laugh:). The picture is entitled: "What I would look like if I were Batman"

Edited by J4ck

Mine is from an alternate model I made of an old Creator set:

tropical_box.jpg

It was made for a competition in my lug where we had to make an alternate of a set for a maximum MSRP of 200DKK. It roared when you pressed the head, and the wings also flapped when you did so. It did quite well in that competition.

I thought it would be good fun to join the SW forum nar eurbrikka story building game and wanted to be a Tie Pilot...

Turns out it's just become a constant reminder how my imagination is crap,  how I cant create a really nice diorama by free building without the use of LDD, and how I gave up after my first attempt... 

Maybe it's time I changed it :tongue:

My friends say I look like a mermaid, and whenever they see something with a mermaid on it they tell me it's me. Especially if said mermaid is blonde.

Also just a cool looking minifig. :wink:

The other guys in the background were just on my desk at the time so I threw them in there. Also cool looking minifigs.

Mine, is one of the best places I've been and photographed in my life: a lush forest in northern Greece, with lots of rivers and wildlife. It's a place that marked me for life and the only place I long to visit again and again.

Here, I'm knee-deep in a small river, under a solid canopy of trees, facing upstream. It's a picture of tranquility, that expresses my everlasting search for calm and beauty.

Mine's Menasor.

A combiner from the original Transformer series.  Decepticon, Breakdown forms the right leg of Menasor, and is also seen on the bottom right of the photo in car mode.

On 7/24/2017 at 3:47 AM, spirogero said:

Mine, is one of the best places I've been and photographed in my life: a lush forest in northern Greece, with lots of rivers and wildlife. It's a place that marked me for life and the only place I long to visit again and again.

Here, I'm knee-deep in a small river, under a solid canopy of trees, facing upstream. It's a picture of tranquility, that expresses my everlasting search for calm and beauty.

Spiogero, you posted this message in two separate threads- one of which was inactive since 2015. I've merged the two threads, considering they are for the same subject, but please avoid reviving old threads when you have already made that same post in a current topic.

12 hours ago, VBBN said:

Spiogero, you posted this message in two separate threads- one of which was inactive since 2015. I've merged the two threads, considering they are for the same subject, but please avoid reviving old threads when you have already made that same post in a current topic.

Thanks for the merge and letting me know. :sweet:  You can delete the 2nd post (I can't find a "delete" button myself).

Hello.

Well, right after I opened my account some weeks ago, and being already used to the basics of MLCAD, I decided to go whip up my very own profile pic. So I made a fig that looked enough like me and surrounded it by some parts that I have in good numbers and that I simply like.

Unfortunately, I don't have the sigfig's upper parts yet (my collection isn't particularly impressive... :sceptic:), but when I eventually have them, I would like to build it IRL and take a nice pic of it. For now, I should try and make a better digital pic...

***IRRELEVANT POST-SIGNATURE PLEASE DO NOT CARE***

TENTH POST YEAH! NOT SO NEW NOW! WOOOO! *oh2* Now where do I sign my Vassal papers at?

Mine (currently) is a shot of one half of my Argonath MOC from the Lord of the Rings.  I made the sculpture many years ago when TLG first announced that they were going to do a LOTR theme.  I'd been doing LOTR related MOCs since the days when I first read the books (and decades before Peter Jackson brought it to the screen) but the Pillars of the Kings statutes were really the first time I'd poured over 10,000 pieces into a single MOC.  

It was also one of the first pieces I ever displayed at BrickFair.  ( It won me one of my first Brickees. )  More importantly though, going to a convention and displaying this work helped bring me into a larger AFOL community - I've been a Lego fan since the days of Samsonite produced kits, but it was always very much a solitary hobby.   This piece was instrumental in my making a social connection with other fans and I use the image now to remind me of that.

I used this avatar on a few forums in the past as I like the image and it actually has an image of myself.

Vash_Ava.jpg

So when I created an account on here, I decided to try and recreate that image using a LEGO mini-figure.

Mine is Agent Kallus from star wars rebels.

Mine is an Agent Kallus brickhead I made.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

I've been watching Minecraft videos on YouTube for 5-6 years and in June finally started playing the game myself.

Endermen intrigues me because I find teleportation an interesting ability, and I really like the combination of black and purple/violet, so I chose the Enderman face when I switched profile pic recently.

Felt like an update and I was cleaning up my signature. Ms. Cade looked too cool to lose for now, so she is my avatar now! I like the brighter colours in contrast to the old head shot of my sigfig. 

My favorite plane has been the SR-71 "Blackbird" for years. After seeing it in person at the Smithsonian Museum in D.C. I was even more hooked. I then decided to build it out of Lego, which was no easy task! After months of hard work and four complete redesigns (I am still improving it as time goes on!) I finally have a model I am proud to say I created from scratch! I then decided to see if the Lego Community liked it as much as I did and submitted it to Lego Ideas.com and so far it's doing pretty good!  

My profile picture is that of the 42054 because I just recently bought and built this model. Since I did not have a profile picture yet I decided to photograph the Claas and upload it as my profile picture. 

Hoping to build and show some more agricultural models on this forum in the future.

Edited by Sjoemie himself

Mine is a terrible LDD render from my first LEGO Ideas project! At the time, I was really new to EB, like the first day, and I was struggling to figure out how signatures and links and photos and everything worked. Back then I didn't know that Flickr photos easily posted. So this crappy, low quality photo was the only one from my computer that met the 0.04 MB limit lol! I really should get it changed....hmm...maybe I'll come back to this thread after changing it lol! 

Well, mine has changed. Simply, I saw on Youtube and iFunny that some people were using the Obi-Wan Kenobi face from Lego Star Wars 2's character select screen as profile images, and I really liked the way it looked. I opted to go for a different character, and since Bane is one of my favorite villains, I used his TDKR face from Lego Batman 3.

The inspiration for the current is my love to the classic castle theme, and the Black Falcons in particular. They had really a brilliant colour-sceme and iconic crest motive (I always liked the dark guys more!). My current avatar is a slightly modernized take. The cape just goes sooo well with it!

dsc01432-cropped-and-colour-balanced.jpg

My SigFig. I loved that Spaceman torso, and at the time it was rarer, so I picked one up on eBay & figures it was a good a time as any to make one. Then they came out with the new bike, so I wanted to show it off in my city. 

Hence my namesake, I originally had a portrait of Indiana Jones in minifigure form as my profile picture, since my screen name reflects the fact I spend a lot of time searching local garage sales and Goodwills for used collections of Lego. So technically, that makes me an archaeologist of sorts. :laugh:

Currently though, for the time being, Mr. Retro Space Hero from Series 17 is my profile pic. That figure is one of the best things to happen in Lego for 2017, and currently the best figure to embody the retro futurism of the 1920's and 30's.