Robert8

What is the story behind your profile picture?

See, long ago I signed up for an account here and was too lazy to pick an avatar and to this day I'm too lazy to pick an avatar. This could be caused by my general sense of not caring. :)

My wife always wanted a big family; so when our first child was born, she immediately began calling him "Bubba" (a common colloquialism for "Brother" where I come from).  Since he didn't have any siblings at the time, I refused to call him "Bubba" and decided to call him "Boba" instead--and on that day, I became bobasdad.  It seemed appropriate, therefore, to use Jango Fett as my avatar.

That's sad! I got an idea, your user name is "brick g". So make a G out of Lego bricks and make it your profile pic! Go ahead, I dare ya! :wink:

LMF

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

This was originally my sig-fig, then a guy here on Eurobricks @Jebediahs made a thread about drawing sig-figs of other users. I was lucky enough to get one before he stopped posting them around late 2011-ish.

Edited by Murdoch17

23 hours ago, BrickG said:

See, long ago I signed up for an account here and was too lazy to pick an avatar and to this day I'm too lazy to pick an avatar. This could be caused by my general sense of not caring. :)

:laugh:

22 hours ago, bobasdad said:

My wife always wanted a big family; so when our first child was born, she immediately began calling him "Bubba" (a common colloquialism for "Brother" where I come from).  Since he didn't have any siblings at the time, I refused to call him "Bubba" and decided to call him "Boba" instead--and on that day, I became bobasdad.  It seemed appropriate, therefore, to use Jango Fett as my avatar.

What a great story! :classic:

Just now, Murdoch17 said:

This was originally my sig-fig, then a guy here on Eurobricks @Jebediahs made a thread about drawing sig-figs of other users. I was lucky enough to get one before he stopped posting them around late 2011-ish.

Nice! the art style is cool!

On 02/05/2017 at 2:45 AM, Japanbuilder said:

I like the look of Stormtroopers! But the prints on the Shocktroopers just had me from the start. Wish I could get hundreds upon hundreds of these guys. 

:classic: I can image an army of 100s would be quite the amazing sight!

23 hours ago, bobasdad said:

Interesting, I always read it as "Bob as dad" :laugh:  it all makes sense now though.

Mine is just a Mr. T photo I pulled off google. I bought the dimensions pack and really like Mr T from Rocky III and the A-Team. So I made it my pic. I'll probably change it over the summer when I have more time to make a custom one. Not really an exciting story just my thoughts :tongue:

On 5/3/2017 at 6:01 PM, Krikkit said:

It is a Secret...

Secret... Wars ;)

As for mine, I just thought it looked cool from the moment I saw the AoU poster.

On 03/05/2017 at 7:35 PM, FishW said:

Interesting, I always read it as "Bob as dad" :laugh:  it all makes sense now though.

Mine is just a Mr. T photo I pulled off google. I bought the dimensions pack and really like Mr T from Rocky III and the A-Team. So I made it my pic. I'll probably change it over the summer when I have more time to make a custom one. Not really an exciting story just my thoughts :tongue:

Cool!

On 03/05/2017 at 11:01 PM, Krikkit said:

It is a Secret...

Hmm...

On 06/05/2017 at 4:52 AM, Actor Builder said:

Satire

hmm,hmm....

13 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Secret... Wars ;)

As for mine, I just thought it looked cool from the moment I saw the AoU poster.

It does look cool!

Mine might be stirring dusty neurons. Big red robot called Dai X, piloted by puppets, not power rangers. Ninjago fans would probably approve!

Just now, mocbuild101 said:

What is it?

A Lamborghini Aventador. Loud, beautiful, raw.

45 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

A Lamborghini Aventador. Loud, beautiful, raw.

That explains your username too!

Edited by mocbuild101

Just now, mocbuild101 said:

That explains your username too!

Yes. I build fast first, then add details. Just like a Lamborghini. Fast.

Edited by Aventador2004

56 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Yes. I build fast first, then add details. Just like a Lamborghini. Fast.

I had a Lamborghini before you so means your a copycat :tongue:.

6 hours ago, Kmuffin said:

I had a Lamborghini before you so means your a copycat :tongue:.

No, i had no idea that was your profile pic, and yours is a centenario.

@Kmuffin @Aventador2004 ah, but the question is, do either of you own the cars in question? You're very lucky if you do!
(And you would probably never have the problem of running out of LEGO bricks with that much money to spare... :laugh:)

Back towards the topic; have you seen the cars and taken those pictures in real life, or were they found on the internet? If the latter, what made you choose those particular images?

3 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

@Kmuffin @Aventador2004 ah, but the question is, do either of you own the cars in question? You're very lucky if you do!
(And you would probably never have the problem of running out of LEGO bricks with that much money to spare... :laugh:)

Back towards the topic; have you seen the cars and taken those pictures in real life, or were they found on the internet? If the latter, what made you choose those particular images?

i don't own a Lamborghini, sadly. but i was lucky enough to see one going 90-100 mph on a public road. it was to fast to take a picture, but it was a special order black edition, so cool anyway.

My current profile picture is of one of my original characters, an anthropomorphised Bugatti Veyron (which I call Veyronians, which explains my odd username!) named Vladimir Veyron. He's been my go-to face for various forums since 2013, the avatar has taken various forms from minifigure to Constraction figure to illustration, but this latest version of him I painted a couple of months ago (I have a full version of the art on my Deviantart page).

Sometimes I change my profile pic to various characters from the trading card game Magic: The Gathering that I like. No idea why :laugh:

I have twin daughters. The pic is of me holding my daughter Megan on the left and my wife holding my daughter BriAnna on the right. They are 10 now, but, I don't want to change it. I think it is my favorite pic of them.