Miro78

[MOC] Microfighter Imperial Shuttle

I designed this microfighter plus-scale Lambda T-4A class Imperial Shuttle for an upcoming Star Wars event and I thought I would share it with the Lego Star Wars community. You can download the Lego Digital Designer file via my site link here: https://humblebricks.com/star-wars/.

Features hinged wings, fully retractable landing gears and an open cockpit seat for one pilot (as a customary microfighter feature).

34291489976_66a7eab82a_z.jpgMicrofighter Imperial Shuttle by Miro Dudas, on Flickr

33948574300_e63ece99e5_z.jpgMicrofighter Imperial Shuttle by Miro Dudas, on Flickr

Update: If you prefer a non-microfighter, but more of a Midi-scale version. You can download that LDD file via the link listed above, and below is what it looks like (a render image for now).

34298501986_cec814d335.jpgMidi Imperial Shuttle by Miro Dudas, on Flickr

34345727895_0d713325ac.jpgMidi Imperial Shuttle by Miro Dudas, on Flickr

May the Fourth Be With You!

Edited by Miro78

Looks excellent!  The Lambda shuttle is one of my favorite original trilogy vehicles, and I love this MOC!  Were you inspired by the LEGO Force Awakens videogame?  I tried to reverse-engineer some of the Microfighters from game, but it was difficult to see the connections between pieces.  Anyway, MOCs like this make me wish TLG would put out a range of $20 Microfighters (closer to midi-scale, but still including minifigures).  :thumbup:

EDIT: FBTB is having a Microfighter building contest.  Not sure if that's why you built this, but if you haven't already, you should consider entering.

Edited by RogueTwo

Brilliant! You succeeded where I failed! Mine was too fragile, and possibly too small while having unachievable aims. I think yours is a good size, as the shuttle is such a lovely ship it needs to have justice done to it, and you've certainly given it that!  

5 hours ago, Hunter003 said:

Love it

5 hours ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

Superb mate, I love it.  :sweet:

Thank you. Glad you like it.

4 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Looks excellent!  The Lambda shuttle is one of my favorite original trilogy vehicles, and I love this MOC!  Were you inspired by the LEGO Force Awakens videogame?  I tried to reverse-engineer some of the Microfighters from game, but it was difficult to see the connections between pieces.  Anyway, MOCs like this make me wish TLG would put out a range of $20 Microfighters (closer to midi-scale, but still including minifigures).  :thumbup:

EDIT: FBTB is having a Microfighter building contest.  Not sure if that's why you built this, but if you haven't already, you should consider entering.

Thanks. It is one of my favorites as well. In fact, it's the only UCS version I have built, but the UCS version is so strictly for display only. I don't have any of the system ones either. I have not seen it in the video game. I just thought about how big it would have to be to fit a minifigure in the cockpit and went from there. I totally agree. I think midiscale is an overlooked scale that Lego has not capitalized on much. Some of the Microfighters look goofy, like the X-wing, and others look very cute, like the AT-AT, Y-wing and Krenik's ship. You are right, I have built it for the FBTB contest, but not sure if it will make more sense to include it as a midiscale or micro fighter scale. Either case, both LDD files are available via the link in my original post. Something quick and nice to build while one awaits the May the 4th Lego sale event and whatnot.

37 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Brilliant! You succeeded where I failed! Mine was too fragile, and possibly too small while having unachievable aims. I think yours is a good size, as the shuttle is such a lovely ship it needs to have justice done to it, and you've certainly given it that!  

You are too kind. I am not sure if I got the proportions spot on, but I like the overall solutions for the shapes. It's quite sturdy, so feel free to give it a try. LDD files are freely downloadable, just follow the link to my site, they are in the Star Wars section, at the bottom of the page.