Not too long ago, a group of prospectors took a stab at a bit of Fuerte Unido terrain on Isla de la Victoria.  They found silver and were eager to commence operations... but unfortunately that wasn't so easy.  With all the excitement of the Marderian war, able-bodied men were scarce in Fuerte Unido in those days.  And able-brained engineers were even scarcer... so this is what happened:

800x890.jpg

Run!

800x693.jpg

No use leaving a nugget behind though, if it comes quickly to hand! 

800x849.jpg

This build pretty well exhausted my supply of tan slopes... particularly inverted slopes. I left the top open mostly to let the light in for photography... you're welcome to assume that it's a cut out, or you can assume that that's the way the actual mine is. Whatever floats your boat. :pir-grin:

800x831.jpg

Fortunately, it looks like all five miners escaped.

800x719.jpg

One last shot of the interior!

640x488.jpg

Well, I finally got around to this... pretty enjoyable, though just because of the fact that it's a mine shaft I feel like there's so much detail that doesn't come across in the pictures!  The crack in the side technique was pretty much borrowed from Captain Genaro (although my cracks aren't nearly as big or as numerous as his... I didn't have enough inverted slopes!).  Fun stuff anyhow - C&C appreciated!

Edited by Kai NRG

Nice job! The open top with the bracing is a nice way to provide a cutaway view. The light tan earth with olive vegetation works well, and your figure posing and head choices are excellent as always. And happy to see someone building in Fuerte Unido!  :thumbup:

Nice mine! Glad to see they all escaped. I like how you made the frame, support, or maybe should I call it scaffold? The dude grasping nuggets while running away from the collapsing mine is hallarious.:grin:

Nice looking tan landscaping and excellent mine. I particularly like the interior scaffolding and the minecart is very well made (although without tracks, what is the use fo such a cart? :P).

It took me a while to figure out, what they were running from, as the white transparent bricks almost blend into the background, but once spotted, it works very well! Perhaps you could try for some more contrast for the water, should you ever want to revisit something like this.

Excellent build anyways!

Another epic Build-by-Kai, and definitely one of the finest mines I've seen around here :thumbup:

I'd say I hope next time your green miners won't be too greedy, but then... well, we know that's unlikely, so better equip them with this here :grin:

That's a nice mine you've built there, and based on all the silver, a really rich vein. The cutaway is a clever technique to show the inside of the mine, and I really like how you incorporated the support beams into it. The colors work great together, and make me think of a mine in the American southwest. 

On 4/27/2017 at 8:56 AM, Kai NRG said:

The crack in the side technique was pretty much borrowed from Captain Genaro (although my cracks aren't nearly as big or as numerous as his... I didn't have enough inverted slopes!)

Are you sure you don't have me confused for someone else? I don't recall using any techniques similar to yours. 

On 4/27/2017 at 2:24 PM, Kwatchi said:

Nice looking mine. 

Thanks Kwatchi!

On 4/27/2017 at 4:51 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Nice job! The open top with the bracing is a nice way to provide a cutaway view. The light tan earth with olive vegetation works well, and your figure posing and head choices are excellent as always. And happy to see someone building in Fuerte Unido!  :thumbup:

Thank you Captain!

On 4/27/2017 at 10:38 PM, Bodi said:

Nice mine! Glad to see they all escaped. I like how you made the frame, support, or maybe should I call it scaffold? The dude grasping nuggets while running away from the collapsing mine is hallarious.:grin:

:pir-grin:  Glad you liked the bit of humor!  I think it's more of a frame than a scaffold, but if you do look at it as touching open air on top, that does make it more like scaffolding!  Thanks!

On 4/28/2017 at 3:52 AM, Bregir said:

Nice looking tan landscaping and excellent mine. I particularly like the interior scaffolding and the minecart is very well made (although without tracks, what is the use fo such a cart? :P).

It took me a while to figure out, what they were running from, as the white transparent bricks almost blend into the background, but once spotted, it works very well! Perhaps you could try for some more contrast for the water, should you ever want to revisit something like this.

Excellent build anyways!

Thanks bregir!  Cart without tracks... why, yes, I had thought of that myself, actually. :pir-laugh:  But how could you have a mine without a cart?  I think it's another case of a lack of able-brained engineers.

On 4/30/2017 at 5:37 PM, Kolonialbeamter said:

Another epic Build-by-Kai, and definitely one of the finest mines I've seen around here :thumbup:

I'd say I hope next time your green miners won't be too greedy, but then... well, we know that's unlikely, so better equip them with this here :grin:

Ah... I should have foreseen a jab like that... :pir-grin:  And man, you're totally making me wish I had a half a dozen (or even just one...) of those!  That's begging for an MOC!!

Thanks!

7 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Great mine shaft and very nice miner minifigs choice!

Thanks blackdeathgr!

4 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

That's a nice mine you've built there, and based on all the silver, a really rich vein. The cutaway is a clever technique to show the inside of the mine, and I really like how you incorporated the support beams into it. The colors work great together, and make me think of a mine in the American southwest. 

Are you sure you don't have me confused for someone else? I don't recall using any techniques similar to yours. 

Um... well, it would appear I am.  At least, I can't find the one I was thinking was by you. :pir-grin:  And I can't think who else it might have been!

Thank you!  It does look like American southwest... but the truth of the matter is that I'm using most of my dark grey rock on one build, my light grey on another module of the same build, and my dark tan on a third part... so light tan it was! :pir-laugh:

Edited by Kai NRG

This scene is so harmonic in the color scheme, and yet so dramatic in theme (hah, it rhymes). Nice cart and lots of nifty little details. Like the small "out" sign. Great posing and photos to top it off :) :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

This scene is so harmonic in the color scheme, and yet so dramatic in theme (hah, it rhymes). Nice cart and lots of nifty little details. Like the small "out" sign. Great posing and photos to top it off :) :thumbup:

Thanks Sir Stig!  I love those little signs! :pir-grin: