Captain Genaro

[GBW] - FRAGO 01 - Filace- A Day at the Beach

Filace

A Day at the Beach

Map Grid C3; World Map P5

"Hey, kid! There's a cold one in here with your name on it," tried the Naval Engineer for the fifth or sixth time. 

33453648284_e61bb61b8d_c.jpgP1110415 by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

"Sir, no thank you, sir," private Pierre Noche replied.

"Dang, they really did a number on you? Less than two weeks out of basic and you still can't talk straight. I've told you, it's Hank. Got it?"

"Yes, Mister Hank, sir." 

"Geez louise, kid. I can't even relax with you standing there with a stick up your," but before the Hank could finish, Pierre, the ever vigilant sentry, reported the boat approaching the small beach. Swearing, Hank finished his beer before going to his crate to get his tools in order. Pierre stood there continuing to scan the horizon and the incoming boat for any sign of trouble. 

33453648284_e61bb61b8d_c.jpgP1110415 by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

"Hey, kid, make yourself useful and help them drag the FISH onto the beach," called out Hank from his crate. 

After a brief yes, sir, Pierre headed to the waterline and waited for the boat to come in. When it was about ten yards out, it stopped, one of the sailors hopped out and began pulling on a line while Pierre waded out to help him. 

"The FISH actually find something out, Paul?"

"Heck if I know," Paul replied as he pulled on the line. "That's for those techies to determine." 

33453771464_04931e9ffb_c.jpgP1110416 by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

In less than a minute, the FISH, or more accurately, the Friedman Industries Sonobuoy High-frequency (FISH), came into sight and the two men got on either side to pull it onto the beach. Similar in shape to a torpedo, the FISH was designed to detect enemy submarines, but some bright engineers thought it could be modified to help search for the missing Spriznulo drones. Of course, those same bright engineers failed to realize that these little buoys cost $1.5 million each, and there simply was no way you were going to be able to drop enough into the water to actually map the sea floor. That's where Pierre and his team came in. After a few slight modifications, crude fins and a line were added to the buoys so that they could be towed by boats. Of course, the crude fins would occasionally get bent (or some less than attentive pilot would run the buoy into a reef), and then Hank had to actually get off his blanket and do what he got paid to do.

"Cute towel, Hank. I think my daughter has one just like it."

"Keep it up, Paul, and you'll be out there all night." 

"Yea, well, find out why it stopped transmitting and maybe I'll quit giving you a hard time."

"No you won't" muttered Hank as he took a look at the FISH. "No wonder it wasn't transmitting, what you do, smash it against a rock?" Hank removed the outer shell, began messing with the FISH's components, and after a few minutes (and a few choice words), "Got it," Hank declared. 

33453799904_a504d61630_c.jpgP1110417 by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

Almost immediately the boat's console began a slow, steady ping. "You're a life saver, Hank" called out the pilot as the data began to come in. "I owe you a beer this evening,"

"You owe me three you cheapskate," Hank replied, but before anyone could continue, the console's constant pinging suddenly turned into a loud beeping. Turning to the screen, the pilot swore. 

"Paul, get the FISH back in the water. Apparently we ran across something interesting in B3 that we've got to go check out..."

34254795656_0f5edbaf09_c.jpgP1110407 by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

The boat

Spoiler

33485134533_aa41d8e59a_c.jpgP1110418 by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

34137750102_9e8eae4c69_c.jpgP1110420 by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

34254860826_10b59df154_c.jpgP1110419 by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

Really a great small scene. I love the shore and the custom ridgit boat!!! The low profile gives the feeling that is into the water!

Edited by paintballman

You've Been Awarded (3) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

Nice small quick build. Time was an issue so feedback is probably not necessary in this case.    

Great job with the terrain/beach.  I like how you focused the pics up close with the water and elements for the majority of your pics.

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing!

On 4/27/2017 at 0:43 AM, paintballman said:

Really a great small scene. I love the shore and the custom ridgit boat!!! The low profile gives the feeling that is into the water!

Thank you. The boat is something I wanted to do for a while, and considering the lack of time, I think it turned out really well. 

On 4/27/2017 at 9:38 AM, Faladrin said:

Nice scene ! And nice story !

I am missing a sandcastle for Hank to build... :laugh:

Thank you. A sandcastle would have been fun. I'll have to remember that for my next build. 

On 4/27/2017 at 10:04 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Nice build, I really like the RHIB, its very accurate.

I'm glad you like it.