Sign in to follow this  
TheBeeze

GBW - Frago #001- Filace - Offroading

FRAGO #001- Off Roading

MAP NAME: STUDICA
GRID: F3 - G3

Captain Beeze and his crew were pulled off of their checkpoint duty to investigate a nearby anomaly. With the recent news breaking on the missing drones from Spriznulo, multiple nations have organized searches and Filace is no different. Being a COAC Ally of Spriznulo is one thing and they will get the drone returned to them if we find it, but command is expecting a detailed study and analysis of the drone before it is returned. 

34118129272_3afb8edc68_z.jpg 

The team was relieved to be doing something instead of standing around waiting for the war to come to them. Command had received reports of a radar anomaly in the area and figured the team was close enough with their mobile radar site to check it out.  

34275485695_6c0c9616ee_z.jpg 

Once they found a good elevation, they settled in and deployed small UAV, a comm relay, and turned on their radar site. 
34118128622_112d1854fd_z.jpg 

The team sat until dusk when they finally got a hit.

34118123862_4d20b30e25_z.jpg 

They packed up their gear.

]34275482525_623ff5cdcd_z.jpg 

And headed out on their way vowing to return for the radar site.

34118122892_6e91dbde4d_z.jpg 

Spoiler

Due to the expedite nature of this build, I did not have a lot of time between working on the Sabotage build already when this came out, the story build for CP2, and this haha. So my focus was the vehicle. I based it somewhere between a jeep and a land rover. The landscaping could have been better, but time was a factor... I borrowed the Radio design from someone on flickr. 

33422130733_84a356b861_z.jpg 

Edited by Thebeeze111

Nice jeep !

The radar is quite good as well !

A shame you hadn't the time to finish the landscaping, but you're doing so much for this game already, I totally understand you on that point.

great entry and keep up the good job !

5 hours ago, Faladrin said:

A shame you hadn't the time to finish the landscaping

I wasn't even planning to do one of these builds and then when I noticed no COAC guys signed up, I threw my name in the hat. Afterwards four of them decided to do it haha. So at that point I had to do one otherwise I would have lost a side build for this period. 

The jeep will live on in bigger and better landscapes. Thanks. 

The vehicle came out really nice. I like the roll cage design as well as the desert camo. The radar trailer is nice, too, but I think it would be better if the electronics were protected by a panel instead of simply being on the rear of the trailer. Finally, I'm a big fan of the way you decreased the lighting to simulate night. Good job. 

You've Been Awarded (3) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

Great terrain work, creative custom truck and radar trailer!  Your dark blue background is PERFECT for the evening shots...PERFECT!  But for the daylight ones, it's almost a lil bit too dark and casts some lighting issues, just something I see.

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing!