Hoth Rebel

[MOC] Jedi Council

The most expensive parts were the 6x12 wedge pieces (20 left 20 right in Dark Red and LBG) and the 3x8 tan wedge (mostly because they only came in a few sets and I bought them all from 1 seller to save me some trouble). Most of them are common parts. 

I think I Placed 4-5 small to mediumsized bl orders and used 10-20% of my own pieces. I think all together it was around €200-300, but I order parts for multiple projects at a time so I don't know for sure. 

9 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

The most expensive parts were the 6x12 wedge pieces (20 left 20 right in Dark Red and LBG) and the 3x8 tan wedge (mostly because they only came in a few sets and I bought them all from 1 seller to save me some trouble). Most of them are common parts. 

I think I Placed 4-5 small to mediumsized bl orders and used 10-20% of my own pieces. I think all together it was around €200-300, but I order parts for multiple projects at a time so I don't know for sure. 

Yeah, I tried to put them all in one cart (not the best idea) and they had their prices a little over priced. The edge pieces are definitely the most expensive parts. It was like $5 dollars a piece for them. I'll try doing it a few different carts and see what happens.

23 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Hi guys,

Last week(s) I've been atempting to recreate the model that lojaco made as a Lego Ideas set (you can find that one here: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/115367). I've made this moc just by looking at those pictures, but I want to give all the credit to this builder. I've made pictures while building this so you can see how it was constructed. 

1. The beginning

Jedi Council work in progress. Modeled after the Lego Ideas entry.

Perfect! I think I am gonna use that as a template for the rebel conference room with the Death Star holo in the middle. A lot of space for many rebel pilots and such.

Very nice. I wondered how that ideas project made it's shape. I produced a very simple section of a chamber to make a story for my kids. I don't know that I'll ever produce a fully Jedi Council chamber but it nice to see how roundish shapes are created.

Nice work.  I've always loved this MOC,  Thanks for showing the beginning of the floorings as that's the hardest part to figure out I thought.  

17 hours ago, KevinYoung said:

Awesome job have no clue why lego would not do a  jedi council build. It would sell like hotcakes!!

Probably didn't accept it on Lego Ideas because they might have a plan to release it.

1 hour ago, Franklinw1234 said:

Probably didn't accept it on Lego Ideas because they might have a plan to release it.

They've also stated that they're not accepting ideas for brands they already hold licences for, haven't they?

Great Build! Like that you included the floor shots to see how you created the angles before putting the finishing floor on top.

23 hours ago, Moppo said:

They've also stated that they're not accepting ideas for brands they already hold licences for, haven't they?

Yes, they have. I am meaning that they might have plans to release a Jedi council in the upcoming years. Obviously, they didn't accept the Lego Ideas one.

Awesome set! Really well built! I like the use of the leaf part on the ground for detail. High class build all around, so much excellent stuff and attention to detail! :thumbup:

On 5/1/2017 at 5:10 AM, Moppo said:

Yes but that announcement came long after the original Jedi Council MOC was submitted and rejected, at which point you could still submit designs based on Star Wars, LotR, etc.

They haven't been accepting already licensed ideas for a long time, but it was never 'official'. That's the reason the official idea didn't get accepted.  

If they were to make a council like this it has to be an UCS set as this build used more than 2200 pieces and has 15 minifigs. 

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

That's the reason the official idea didn't get accepted.  

Unless you work for TLG, you have no way of knowing this. As has already been stated, it may have been rejected because TLG already had a Jedi Council set (UCS or otherwise) in development. Or because they simply preferred another idea in that round. Or because the design didn't meet their standards, whatever those are. Or any number of reasons.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Unless you work for TLG, you have no way of knowing this. As has already been stated, it may have been rejected because TLG already had a Jedi Council set (UCS or otherwise) in development. Or because they simply preferred another idea in that round. Or because the design didn't meet their standards, whatever those are. Or any number of reasons.

Right. I'm pretty sure that's the reason. 

@Kevii23 I am putting together your version of the council on LDD and I can't figure out how to do the last section of the floor. I would appreciate it if you could explain how to do it. It would be even more helpful if you had any pictures of how to do it. Thank you. 

28 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Which section do you mean? The first 3 pictures are exactly how I did it :p 

The section where you put the stairs leading up to it. 

Ah yea, that one was highly improvised and only came as I wanted to at the very end (which is why it's not really on the pictures). I will try to make some better ones later this week, but it is indeed different than on the first pictures. 

9 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Ah yea, that one was highly improvised and only came as I wanted to at the very end (which is why it's not really on the pictures). I will try to make some better ones later this week, but it is indeed different than on the first pictures. 

Thank you. It will help me finally finish it.

I progressed a little bit by your flickr pictures. Can you upload section where entrance meets with angular plates? I am having hard time to connect both those sections.

2 hours ago, ali1994 said:

I progressed a little bit by your flickr pictures. Can you upload section where entrance meets with angular plates? I am having hard time to connect both those sections.

Yeah, I can't seem to do that section either. I think that it is more of a fault of the LDD, because you can do it in real life. I also can't figure out the two red parts on the side. How did you do them?

I am also having some trouble with connecting the circle part of the floor. Is there something I need to do with the floor? I have 1x2 plates with knobs surrounding the area, is there another step to it? Here is the picture 

Having Trouble Connecting The Circle Part of The Floor

Edited by Franklinw1234