Hoth Rebel

[MOC] Jedi Council

Hi guys,

Last week(s) I've been atempting to recreate the model that lojaco made as a Lego Ideas set (you can find that one here: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/115367). I've made this moc just by looking at those pictures, but I want to give all the credit to this builder. I've made pictures while building this so you can see how it was constructed. 

1. The beginning

This is how it al started. Finding the wedge pieces in LBG and especially Dark Red was the most difficult. The underside is almost the same as the Palpatine Arrest set (9526) from 2012. 

2. We're getting somewhere

3. Getting ready for the floor

After building the above I found out the there should have been a LBG layer under the Dark Red wedges so I had to remove all of those again to place some LBG plates under. 

4. Almost there

5. End result

After a few weeks of waiting for the pieces and some days building I can show you my 95% build of the Jedi Council Chamber. There are still some pieces missing and I need to work on some things, but it's ready for the public haha. I've really liked working on this and trying to figure out which pieces went where, how it was constructed and building the moc. Once I'm finished completely I will make my own scenes, but for now I will use the scene that was used for the Lego Ideas project. 

Sorry for the backgrounds.. I should get a whiteboard, lamps and stuff like that. 

Edited by Hoth Rebel

So cool to see someone remake this MOC since it was rejected by Lego Ideas!  Great work!

Is there a full list of all the Prequel Jedi that have officially been released to date in Lego form?  I have all of the Jedi from Palpatine's Arrest and Quinlan and Luminara Unduli from the Clone Turbo Tank but I'm struggling to think of who else there is.  

I don't count the Clone Wars TV Series Jedi in the Prequel list because the faces are too different to my liking.

Seriously good work by both of you.

I've tried recreating some MOCs from photos and it is not easy so credit it to you.

Very well done and great execution. Makes you wonder if Lego would release like a smaller-sized, 180° version of that scene similar to what they did with the Carbon Freezing Chamber, so that you would basically need to buy the set 2x in order to build the complete scene once.

41 minutes ago, JonnyHanukkah said:

Is there a full list of all the Prequel Jedi that have officially been released to date in Lego form?  I have all of the Jedi from Palpatine's Arrest and Quinlan and Luminara Unduli from the Clone Turbo Tank but I'm struggling to think of who else there is.  

I don't count the Clone Wars TV Series Jedi in the Prequel list because the faces are too different to my liking.

This might not count as a face, but I think Plo Koon only ever came out in Clone Wars sets and he looks perfectly fine and would blend in.

Thanks :) I could see Lego doing a smaller sized set like the Carbon Freezing Chamber with 3 seats, but since there are 12 seats on the council you would have to get at least four. 

Anyway, there are still some small details I need to adjust and add. After that I can focus on a new project :) 

21 minutes ago, legofives said:

This might not count as a face, but I think Plo Koon only ever came out in Clone Wars sets and he looks perfectly fine and would blend in.

And there's Coleman Trebor in the 2013 AT-TE, Barriss Offee in the 2010 Swamp Speeder, Stass Allie in the 2013 Spider Droid as well as Aayla Secura in the upcoming Republic Fighter Tank. :wink:

Great job. I want to create my own Jedi council as well... but I am still waiting for more updated Jedis... I hope LEGO will re-release (redesign) more.

28 minutes ago, Sir Brickalot said:

And there's Coleman Trebor in the 2013 AT-TE, Barriss Offee in the 2010 Swamp Speeder, Stass Allie in the 2013 Spider Droid as well as Aayla Secura in the upcoming Republic Fighter Tank. :wink:

Yes, Aayla Secura is the next one coming up.  

The Jedi Council looks great!  I hope to put something together some day similar to it. 

That is extremely well done.  I wish Lego made sets that felt more complete like this.  The official sets always seem like skeletons.  Then again, I probably wouldn't in most cases pay the $200+ it would cost for the extra detail so...

My god dude, you are killing it. And yes, that moc is one that I've seen many, many times as I spend many hours searching Google for proper Jedi council mocs! You nailed it. That's a lot of 2x2 grey macaroni pieces.

I'm probably just going to do a little one for now - about the size and shape of the completely round carbonite chamber from 2016. It will only seat 7 Jedi members instead of 12 but that's cool with me.  I can see that others in this thread are thinking of something similar... :D

That looks really nice. :thumbup:

A question: has every Jedi master (from the council)appeared in Lego sets? 

Are there LDD plans for this or did you just order parts and use the Force?

Jamie

1 hour ago, jamie75 said:

Are there LDD plans for this or did you just order parts and use the Force?

Jamie

Hahah good one. :p but I'm not really good with LDD (never get the hinge pieces to work as I want) so there is no LDD file. I tried making it easier by making those underside pictures rather than using the pictures from the Ideas site, but I know it isn't ideal. 

2 hours ago, sander1992 said:

A question: has every Jedi master (from the council)appeared in Lego sets? 

Unfortunatly not. We are still missing a few depending on the era. Here is a list of the Jedi:

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-jedi-council-meet-the-masters

2 hours ago, darththeling said:

My god dude, you are killing it. And yes, that moc is one that I've seen many, many times as I spend many hours searching Google for proper Jedi council mocs! You nailed it. That's a lot of 2x2 grey macaroni pieces.

I'm probably just going to do a little one for now - about the size and shape of the completely round carbonite chamber from 2016. It will only seat 7 Jedi members instead of 12 but that's cool with me.  I can see that others in this thread are thinking of something similar... :D

Would love to see your version of the council when it's finished :)

3 hours ago, sander1992 said:

A question: has every Jedi master (from the council)appeared in Lego sets? No

Not even close, lots of ones like Yaddle, Yarael Poof, Oppo Rancisis have never been seen

About how much did it cost to bricklink? I am thinking of ordering the parts for it. 

I think I found the ldd file for it. It may not be exactly the same, but it looks close enough to me- http://ldd.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/a7ab418d-b7fd-4cc5-aa04-a4a53d25deae?index=4&memberid=Meenta01

Edited by Franklinw1234

So, it is my first time to try to mass upload to a wanted list on bricklink. I tried to upload the ldd file and it said that Item No: 3626bpb035, Item No: 3626bpb620, and Item No: 3626bpb649 don't exist. How would I get rid of these pieces or find them in the file, so I can upload it to bricklink. It would be very helpful if someone could help me.

16 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Thanks. Added everything to a wanted list and it looks that it's going to be $700-$800. Looks like I'm waiting til Christmas for this project :grin:.