Capn Frank

[OL-FB] Phred's Enchanted Villa

As mayor of Fatu Hiva, I needed a beautiful, enchanted villa to show the natives how awesome I am. :bonaparte: 

33463391513_affaa8b923_z.jpg

Well, I'm happy to say.  The house is complete.  It only took three months to build the house and property.  One month to build the house, and property, and two months to make the roof of the house. :grin: 

I'm really happy with the results.  The roof is fairly rugged - as long as you know where to grab it. :cry_sad: 

33889317610_a93f034139_c.jpg

33889319150_866f87a22a_c.jpg

This house encompasses two 30X30 octagons and two 18X18 squares for my Pirate collaborative layout.  There will be another 30X30 octagon at the side doorway. 

Below are a couple shots of the stables.

33889310060_6ea656bd0b_c.jpg

33889306670_bfe750a91a_c.jpg

34116081062_14367d9e24_z.jpg

My daughter really likes this house too.  

You may have two questions in your head right now.

• Why does a little girl like this house SO much?
  • Does this thing have an interior?

Unfortunately, these questions are not for the faint-of-heart who fear strange horizons and for those who are by now... bored. :look: 
So, I used a Spoiler. :grin: 

Spoiler

Welcome the my insanity of being a father to a daughter that loves princesses. :grin: 

I bought Belle's Enchanted and was a little disenchanted after I got it.  Granted it's only $50 that comes with a lot of great elements, and characters.  However, the castle itself was rather pathetic.  So I built this house.  It's no castle, but definitely a villa. :grin: 

33889302340_74af9ba295_c.jpg

Here is a shot of the kitchen & dining area, and you can see a little bit into the bedroom. 

33889301780_9f643e9460_c.jpg

Here's an image of the ball room.

34116065062_fec0914a92_c.jpg

A "better" look at the bedroom.

33463365233_9a34800b05_c.jpg

Here's an overview of house's layout.

If you've read this far, I've got one more caveat of information. :grin: 
The stables were inspired by the 5 Minute Disney Stories - Beauty and Beast: A Friend for Phillipe.

Thanks for looking through this spoiler and...

Thanks for looking. :pir-classic: 

You will receive the same reply I made to Brandon Stark : You poser !

:pir-hmpf: mmmmh... must be endemic to Oleon

Now I will use the spoiler too for the interior  :grin::

Spoiler

Pinching the lego sets of your young daughter, it's just despicable !!! Shame on you !!

another spoiler, for the worst :

Spoiler

PS : remind me to give the Nexo Knight Fortrex back to my 7 years old son  :tongue:

This villa is well made (especially the roof... :sadnew: It must have taken you some time :tongue:)

Edited by Professor Thaum

That's a great villa! The main gate reminds of La Belle et la Bete. The inclusion of main characters of the movie is great too. I like the roof made of round bricks, and all these ornament, flowers, vegetables.:thumbup:

Very nice build, Phred, excellent job on the roof (both the slanting sections and the stripes on top!), and that first picture of the stables is really great! :pir-sweet:  And, :pir-laugh:, awesome interior as well! 

Great job with this villa, especially the roof! And :thumbup: for making this work for both you and your daughter!

But why do you have two of Eslandola's Black Guard with your sig fig? :pir-grin:

Has a nice enchanted feel to it... especially that interior. :pir-grin:  Great job on the roof and nice work including stables and a garden! :thumbup: 

34 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Great job with this villa, especially the roof! And :thumbup: for making this work for both you and your daughter!

But why do you have two of Eslandola's Black Guard with your sig fig? :pir-grin:

Shhh, he doesn't know that. :pir_laugh2:

Very nice villa phred!

Great house Phred.  And my hat is off to builders like yourself and Gulagurag who can mage to take elements from the princess/elves/friends sets and combine them in seamlessly to their pirate builds. 

I went the other route of keeping my collection separate from that of my kids, though I do let them wreck play with my builds after they are done. What they don't know is I occasionally borrow the bricks I need from them while they are sleeping. :wink:

Thank you for the complements so far. :pir-classic: 

9 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Pinching the lego sets of your young daughter, it's just despicable !!!

:pir-laugh:  What do you think I am?  A pirate. :pir-grin: 

My sets and my daughters are actually separate.  I had bought this set for myself. :pir-tongue: 
She does get to play with my brick a lot though.

3 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I'm pretty sure their epaulets are blue. :pir-tongue:   We must have purchase the jackets from the same vendor. :pir-laugh: 
That is a great torso to use for specialty forces though.  I've used the torso before, and I keep seeing other factions use it. 

30 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

And my hat is off to builders like yourself and Gulagurag who can mage to take elements from the princess/elves/friends sets and combine them in seamlessly to their pirate builds.

Thank you Kwatchi.  It's been fun building up my collection of mini-doll sets and implementing those elements in my pirate builds.  Tropical locations should have more bright colors. :pir-grin: 

30 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

though I do let them wreck play with my builds after they are done

Same here.  I let my daughter have free reign today.  We'll see how well I built the house when I get home tonight. :pir-laugh: 

42 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

though I do let them wreck play with my builds after they are done.

10 minutes ago, Phred said:

I let my daughter have free reign today.  We'll see how well I built the house when I get home tonight. :pir-laugh: 

I usually force myself to built 7-year-old-kid-proof MOCs. To avoid hours of rebuilding after a "free reign". (For the case I still need the MOC for pics, etc)

On 4/26/2017 at 5:46 AM, Phred said:

You may have two questions in your head right now.

• Why does a little girl like this house SO much?
  • Does this thing have an interior?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! You can name it, "the rainbow villa" btw :tongue:

Nice design and it's always a bonus when it has an interior content, Phred!

9 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

except perhaps for that pink door

What's wrong with a pink door in the tropics?  You should try it.  They look wonderful on Caribbean styled buildings. :pir-grin: