sigpro

GBW- FRAGO#001 EROTEMA – Davy Jones´ locker. LDD

Grids M6 and M7 (general map). Ldd build.

After knowing that the Spriznulo Navy failed the trials with 2 drones on grids L6, L7, M6, M7, the 4th flotilla of the Erotema Submarine Force departed from her main naval base in an attempt to recover such valuable technology and return it to the legitimate owner.

ES 411 (Erotema submarine 411) is underway to grids M6 and M7 in silent running in case the passive sonar array can detect any distress signal or abnormal noise coming from the lost drones. According to the Strategic Electronic Warfare Units, there is evidence of an unknown radar signal first detected on grid L6 that followed a path to grids M6 and M7 before disappearing from the radar screens.

As Spriznulo is an allied, it is vital that the COAC finds the drones before any RON nation do. Secret orders, known as Letters of Last Resort (yes, I have copied the name from the Royal Navy), are to be executed by the Submarine Fleet Captains in case there is no time or possibility to report to the Erotema Navy High Command.

Will our submarine find anything apart from old cannons, chests, masts or sealife?

33457927683_5839441187_c.jpgDIVERS OK by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

ES 411 belongs to a series of midget submarines, which have inspired the larger classes still on trials, but soon ready for a conflict that the COAC didn´t start.

Enjoy!

Edited by sigpro

A nice idea to use a submarine.

I just find your seabed a bit too flat IMO, it would have be better to add some terrain variations here and there and more corals.

overall the sub is quite good.

a good job !

Thanks for your feedback!

About the seabed, you can find different types of seabed depending on where you are. The Mediterranean shores of Spain where I was born (and I used to dive in) are very flat. A more rocky seabed would have burnt my laptop while rendering...(almost a day).

The use of a submarine was for my experience on larger lego subs, and for real events. The movie "men of honour" depicts the hunt for a missing American H bomb off the Spanish coast in the mid 60s; a scene portrays Cuba Gooding Jr evading a Soviet sub sent to find the bomb. That's why I found the sub as a good idea.

Merci beaucoup pour votre commentaire!

Edited by sigpro

You've Been Awarded (2) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

The sub looks promising, but I would have liked to have seen more of it. The ocean bottom could have been a little better.   

"A more rocky seabed would have burnt my laptop while rendering...(almost a day)."  You typed this about your build...and it is extremely frustrating that you would say this.  Instead of striving for the max possible points on a build, you turn in your lesser effort?  When it is 1600 here, for me, it is 0900 on Baker Island.  This is the link that thebeeze111 puts into the original posting for missions.  This is when the build is fully due, by 2359 Wednesday the 26th.  Your build was turned in at 1356, my time, on the 25th of April.  So you had well over a day to turn in a rendered effort.  Even though this is a FRAGO, I think you should have rendered it.

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing!