Hi guys! This is my last creation. A scale model (1:7) of my all time favorite Ferrari formula 1 car: the 312 B2 drived by the talentuos Jacky Ickx in the early '70. This exact model is the replica of the one which Ickx triumphed at the '72 German Gran Prix at Nurburgring. The model has a four independent suspensions, front steering system, fake flat 12 engine, differential and rear anti-roll bar- The model has also some detail like exaust pipes, radiators, complete cockpit etc. Like the others it's just a digital creation, but soon i'll post the part list and pdf instructions on rebrickable. I hope you guys like this one. Any tips and critics are welcome =)

P.s. I'm not "happy" with the solution I adopted for the mirrors...if some of you want to help me...;)

"The early 1970s saw the return of success to the Scuderia; the unlucky Chris Amon left, while Jacky Ickx returned and was joined by Clay Regazzoni. Under the direction of Mauro Forghieri, Ferrari developed a new Flat-12 engine, colloquially referred to as a "boxer" (although not a real boxer engine), giving a lower center of gravity and a clear airflow beneath the rear wing. [...] In 1972 Ferrari fielded a revised B2 with a more conventional rear suspension, but could not keep up with the progress of the competition, dropping to fourth at the end of the year. Ickx won the 1972 German Grand Prix at his favorite track, the Nürburgring, but this was to be his last GP win. The sports cars season was a success for Ferrari though, with the Ferrari 312PB based on the F1 car.". Wikipedia

tumblr_mhjiovIWrP1rod8iso1_1280.jpg

GKyKgCF.jpg

YcRqeBg.jpg

mTG0M5O.jpg

N0OKRDb.jpg

73JBMlu.jpg

9XUNZpt.jpg

Edited by zazavolley

I like the rear suspension idea and the bodywork is good. Are you going to build it?

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I like the rear suspension idea and the bodywork is good. Are you going to build it?

Thanks! I want to build it...but I need time and patience...something that I don't have now. =(

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

ok, good work. i had that same idea for suspension once.

Basically is the loyal reproduction of the original one. Sometimes in some Ferrari 312 chassis is present just one arm instead of two.

7 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

i have not used active camber yet, does it work well?

In theory, yes. But I can confirm it only with the fisical model built (with all is weight working on the suspension).